#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260371

A moment in any GTFC fans heart.

Results for October

View attachment 260370

We are just starting to run away with it a little bit, another 10 points from 12 in the league and two clean sheets is so much more pleasing. James McKeown, Carl Magnay, Shaun Pearson, Aristote Nsiala and Gregor Robertson have formed a defensive unit which has been very hard to break down this year conceding the least goals in the league so far. We have only conceded more than one goal in a game this year and that was this month against Torquay after a 7 hour travel down there to play them, still we managed a draw after fighting back. In the league the goals have been shared out amongst our strikers this month which is very pleasing to see. We also progress to the 1st Round of the FA Cup which would be very good financially if we can get a good draw and progress as far as we can.

Game of the Month

Saturday 25th October 2014
FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Haig Avenue

Southport 2 - 5 Grimsby Town
Cullen (2'), John-Lewis (5'), Fenelon (20'), Morris (24'), Disley (27')

MOTM: Craig Disley

What a vintage performance. Within half an hour we was already 5-0 up and trouncing Southport and basically booking our place in the next round of the FA Cup. It was such a great game to be at for entertainment of 7 goals. We took our foot off the gas at half-time as we could of gone on to make it a rugby score. It's a shame that we managed to let Southport peg two back to make it a little more respectable for them. Also because anyone who knows the magic of the FA Cup who knows where we can go with a little bit of luck in this competition?

Player of the Month

View attachment 260367
Mark Cullen
Three vital goals this month for the loanee for us, he has also provided a number of assists and been a little menace up top not giving defences a minutes rest and is currently keeping Jon-Paul Pittman out of the team with the trio of Fenelon, Cullen and John-Lewis upfront it's a force to be reckoned with this year.

Scorers this month (Total goals in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 7 (19)
Mark Cullen - 3 (5)
Aristote Nsiala - 0 (3)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Shamir Fenelon - 2 (3)
Shaun Pearson - 1 (3)
Craig Disley - 1 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (2)
Ian Morris - 1 (1)
Kevin Ellison - 0 (1)

#WeGoAgain

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260322

So proud to be, GTFC.

Results for November

View attachment 260315

We start another unbeaten run, I can't fault the lads whatsoever and don't know what more I can really ask. We are winning just about every other game and are leading the way in the league, every position are doing the job which I require of them and I can't ask no more. The whole club is on a high and the attendances have also risen with people coming out of the rafters to finally come watch their club again; it's made my job probably the perfect job in the world. I've also started my next level of coaching badges to progress me to the next level and while my work with Grimsby Town is going well it's been seen by other clubs and after 3 months in charge of my first job I've had job offers from the following teams: Southend, Cheltenham and Hartlepool. But I've got one plan in my head and one plan only, this team took a chance on me so I owe them everything to date. Impressive again in a thrilling match in the FA Cup against Kidderminster which had my adrenaline pumping faster than a lamborghini. We advance into the 2nd round of the FA Cup and will be good too see how we compare against better teams.

Game of the Month
Saturday 8th November 2014
FA Cup 1st Round

Blundell Park

Grimsby Town 3 - 2 Kidderminster
Cullen (2'), Fenelon (7', 86')

MOTM: Shamir Fenelon

What a rollercoaster of a game and I've experienced the high's and low's in 90 minutes. We started off with lightning pace making a racing start and going 2-0 up within 10 minutes. We was coasting and looked like a routine victory for us to progress into the next round of the cup but we got very complacent and rested on our lorals; we cannot allow this. We have been brilliant this year but we nearly gifted them the game after gifting them two easy goals in a 5 minute spell where we went wondering and they could of had more. It looked like it was going to a replay at Aggborough which is a tough ground but Shamir Fenelon popped up with a wonderful 25-yard strike to send us into the next round which we will be playing...

FA Cup 2nd Round draw:
Grimsby Town v Southend United

Player of the Month
View attachment 260304
Shamir Fenelon
7 Goals this month and a handful of assists, the Brighton man has been brilliant since settling and has scored some great goals in his spell here.

Scorers this month (total goals in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 1 (20)
Shamir Fenelon - 7 (10)
Mark Cullen - 4 (9)
Aristote Nsiala - 1 (4)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 1 (3)
Paddy McLaughlin - 3 (3)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 0 (1)
Kevin Ellison - 0 (1)

#WeGoAgain

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260300
Our defence has been labelled 'The Wall' so far this season

Results for December

View attachment 260299

Confusing month, playing Macclesfield every other game in December we got to know them quite well! Nevertheless we go into New Year having only lost 2 games and drawing 4 all season in the league winning 24 giving us an 80% win percentage which is far beyond exceptional. We deserve to be out this league but you don't get out on merit, only hard work and results. We progressed in two cups this month, once again in the FA Cup which we may await a giant in the next round which could be great for the coffers or it could be a higher league team to see how we can test ourselves. We also gave our fringe players a run out in the FA Trophy which will be used to give rotational players games to bring them up to match fitness.

Game of the Month

Vanarama Conference
Sunday 28th December 2014

Blundell Park

Grimsby Town 2 - 1 Lincoln City
Ellison sent off (20'), Fenelon (54'), John-Lewis (85')

MOTM: Craig Disley

All the things a derby could want.. A red card with a feisty atmosphere, a close game and most importantly a Grimsby win! I feared for the worst when Kevin Ellison received a red card for a horrible stamp on their full-back which was totally unacceptable and I wont have it at my club, he didn't agree with me and said things behind my back which will see him leave in January. A cloudy shadow on what has been a fantastic double over Lincoln City this season.

Player of the Month
View attachment 260260

Shamir Fenelon
Second month in a row for the youngster, another batch of goals to follow up his great previous month. Brighton have a real player on their hands in a few years to come. He has an excellent attitude and work ethic and will definately be a successful League Player in the future.

Lenell John-Lewis - 1 (21)
Shamir Fenelon - 3 (13)
Mark Cullen - 2 (11)
Shaun Pearson - 1 (4)
Aristote Nsiala - 0 (4)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 1 (2)
Kevin Ellison - 0 (1)

​#WeGoAgain

Last edited:
January Transfers

View attachment 260245

Towards the middle of January I managed to wrap up deals for three more players who will bolster the ranks of this squad here and will improve us going forward as a club, we still have money in the coffers from pre-season so I've decided to push to boat out to add a little quality in areas and a little more depth. One player I am EXTREMELY excited for about the future and don't know how we managed to secure his services for less than peanuts.

In's:

View attachment 260244

Kane Ferdinand is a young prospect who I am extremely excited about. Peterborough paid 200k for his services from Southend a few seasons back but has never really settled in their team. The young lad will provide bags of energy in the middle of the park and will no doubt be a great acquisition for us. I believe that he will go on to be a Republic of Ireland international and one day play in a top Championship or lower Premier League team. A fantastic deal on our part, I've tied him down to a three year deal so if he performs very well and there is interest we may have to cash in on him.

Jaime Peters is already a fully pledged Canadian international and has been without a club for quite a few months. I originally was interested pre-season but he had bigger clubs sniffing around him and I think that he would have been out of our price range on wage. After lengthy talks with him and telling him he would get regular football we agreed to tie him down to a two-year deal on £900 a week.

Adam Nkusu a young Frenchman who was released from Nottingham Forest was offered to me by his agent, I offered him for a trial and in reserve games he hit two hat-tricks in three games and impressed me enough to give him a deal to run until next year and be a rotation option for us.

Outgoings:

View attachment 260241

Kevin Ellison had his contract mutually terminated also.

Nothing other to say than Scott Brown was really consistent when played, kind of like a non league Joe Allen. He never gave the ball away and kept us ticking at times but with the arrival of Kane Ferdinand who I believe will be the next biggest thing it was too good to refuse an offer like that from Middlesbrough and I hope he gets gametime there as he has done very well for us. The other outgoing was young centre back Ellis Humble to get some gametime at Gainsborough.

#ThisTownKnows
View attachment 260239
Play for the name on the front of the shirt, they'll remember the name on the back.

Results for January

View attachment 260237

WOW! I don't know where to start, what an amazing month for this football club, first of all defying all odds of beating League One Preston after they was reduced to 10 men we nipped in and scored a goal and they became more frustrated and got another man sent off which gave us the initiative to see the game out. We was rewarded with a tie against Premier League Leicester in the 4th round which all I asked my lads to do was perform to the best of their ability and enjoy the event against players such as Esteban Cambiasso, Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel. A bumper crowd at Blundell Park roared us on and we only went and won against them! The revenue which we will be making from this run will be well deserved and probably have paid off the January acquisitions we have brought in. I'm not even bothered in the slightest about the exit to Barnet in the FA Trophy and just one loss in the league, we are focused and determined to WIN.

Game of the Month

Saturday 24th January 2015
FA Cup 4th Round

Blundell Park

Grimsby Town 2 - 1 Leicester City
Fenelon (6', 77')

MOTM: Shamir Fenelon

It just has to be, doesn't it? One of the clubs best moments in recent history and to hear the roar of Blundell Park after we score is like a crowd in the coliseum. Shamir Fenelon once proving again how vital he's been this season and how far he has grown as a player, we wanted it more than them today in every department and regardless of our stature we managed to beat the all-stars of the Premier League.

FA Cup 5th Round draw:
QPR v Grimsby Town

Player of the Month
View attachment 260231
Shaun Pearson
Mr.Grimsby the rock of the defence. He put his heart and soul on the line not just in the important games but every game he features in, a model professional who is a pleasure to work with and I won't want to lose him.

Scorers this month (total goals in season in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 2 (23)
Shamir Fenelon - 4 (17)
Mark Cullen - 1 (12)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (4)
Aristote Nsiala - 0 (4)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 0 (2)

#WeGoAgain

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260225

Results for February

View attachment 260221

I'm not disappointed whatsoever with the exit in the FA Cup. We have done ourselves proud with reaching that far and the money we have raised from the competition will stand us in good stead in the following season. It's also been a great journey for me in going there with MY team. The best thing we have is unity with the fans we are all one. Furthermore in the league we have progressed again, 4 clean sheets in 5 games is another great month for us defensively. We only have Gateshead who are keeping up the pace with us and we have left the rest of the pack behind.

Game of the Month

Saturday 14th February 2015
FA Cup 4th Round

Loftus Road

QPR 3 - 1 Grimsby Town
Fenelon (25')

MOTM: Charlie Austin

We may have lost but it's my game of the month, 5,000 travelling Grimsby fans of 'non league' travelling to watch their team in London. We have done ourselves proud in this competition and I've had phone calls from other managers congratulating us on our achievements and how we've been a credit. I take away alot of lessons from this years FA Cup and it is something to build on.

Player of the Month

View attachment 260212
Adam Nkusu
Since joining on a free in January he has impressed and the young Frenchman has managed to wrestle himself a starting place in the team after a few goals and his impressive performances. Another one to keep an eye out for in the future.

Scorers this month (total goals in season in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 2 (25)
Shamir Fenelon - 2 (19)
Mark Cullen - 2 (14)
Toto Nsiala - 1 (5)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (4)
Adam Nkusu - 3 (3)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 1 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)
Kane Ferdinand - 1 (1)

​#WeGoAgain

Last edited:
#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260119
A sharp increase in tickets?

Results for March

View attachment 260118

Better as the month went on, we've had such a high expectation from the results we've smashed out this year that the bar is so high. The squad confidence is flying and even if we do have a minor defeat in the league we bounce straight back convincingly. Going into the last month there is only Gateshead who can realistically catch us and they have done tremendously well to keep up with us this year. Lets hope next month brings us some fortune!

Game of the Month

Saturday 21st March 2015
Vanarama Conference

Blundell Park

Grimsby Town 3 - 1 Eastleigh
John-Lewis (19', 79'), Ferdinand (45')

MOTM: Kane Ferdinand

A dominant performance against a strong Eastleigh team who I think will make it into the playoffs this year, but we was just far too powerful and dominant today. Lenny has his goalscoring touch back after a slight drought from his earlier season form but we never expected him to be our main goalscorer. The Man Of The Match was exceptional today, Kane Ferdinand has been nothing short of terrific since his arrival from Peterborough and will no doubt be a key player for us.

Player of the Month

View attachment 260117
Kane Ferdinand
It seems all I'm doing is praising him and giving him plaudits. He deserves all of them, individually he is the most technical gifted player in the team and has been a breath of fresh air here at Blundell Park since his arrival from Posh.

Lenell John-Lewis - 3 (28)
Shamir Fenelon - 2 (21)
Mark Cullen - 3 (17)
Toto Nsiala - 0 (5)
Adam Nkusu - 1 (4)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (4)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 0 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)
Kane Ferdinand - 1 (2)

#WeGoAgain

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 260107
Would the trophy be ours this year, or would it be heading over to Newcastle with Gateshead?
(It's closer than you all think)

Results for April

View attachment 260106

We needed maximum points, we couldn't muster a win against Gateshead the rivals who have been chasing us all season long and been on our tails. Two draws may have showed we was showing a little nerve... Followed by a win then a loss and a win, our form was everywhere this month but was it enough? Had we done enough to secure that title and not have to face the lottery of playoff's and possibly face heartache for another year?

All will be revealed in the next post.

Player of the Month

View attachment 260102
Lenell John-Lewis
A real crowd favorite, has his own song from the terrace 'Lenell John-Lewis his name is a shop'. He has been excellent all season but this month recaptured his earlier form of goalscoring exploits and put a smile back on everyone else's faces.

Scorers this month (Total goals in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 3 (31)
Shamir Fenelon - 1 (22)
Mark Cullen - 0 (17)
Toto Nsiala - 0 (5)
Adam Nkusu - 1 (5)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (4)
Kane Ferdinand - 1 (3)
Craig Clay - 0 (3)
Ian Morris - 0 (3)
Jon-Paul Pittman - 0 (3)
Craig Disley - 0 (3)

Nice to see we have had two goalscorers pass the 20+ goal scoring mark this year with one just missing out by a few showed just how effective our strikers have been this season. But has it been enough for us?

​#WeGoAgain

As a Mariner's season ticket I am very happy to see a Grimsby story on here. What do you think of #OperationPromotion? Have you pledged?

Could you add a screenshot of the league every monthly update please?

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 259873

We've Done It!!!

After a hard chase from Gateshead to the end of the season we managed to seal top spot and managed to create a new record for Vanarama Conference breaking the record points tally previously held by Crawley. Luckily, Gateshead have gone up via the playoffs as they smashed the 100 point barrier aswell, on a normal season it would have smashed the league. We both finished nearer 20 points to our nearest competitors. There will be partying tonight in the town of Grimsby, we have earned it and will soon be preparing for life in the Sky Bet League Two. I'll also be looking to try make Shamir Fenelon a permanent signing in the summer should Brighton want to play ball with us.

View attachment 259837

Player's Player of the Year

View attachment 259836
Lenell John-Lewis
Gained alot of fans this year, expected to do the duty of target man this year to provide for others but he won the Golden Boot this year and his fellow team-mates recognised this, he was fantastic and a pleasure to work with. There has been a few teams coming to look at him towards the back end of the season but he's tied down for another year so will have to command a high fee for us to even consider.

Managers Player & Supporters Player of the Year

View attachment 259835
Shaun Pearson
Been the heart of our defence this year and kept things tight at the back and has been commanding the team from the back and setting a shining example. Keeping the tightest defence in the league he has been key and pivotal in this years promotion. A key player for the future of this club.

Last edited:
As a Mariner's season ticket I am very happy to see a Grimsby story on here. What do you think of #OperationPromotion? Have you pledged?

Could you add a screenshot of the league every monthly update please?

Hey mate, yeah I've pledged £30 to the cause for a FISH T-Shirt. I'm a little ahead so I've got no screenshots but will put in a table for you.

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 259817
Sitting down for talks with the chairman.

J.Fenty: Firstly, I'll be the first to congratulate you on the promotion. You came to me with a plan and you've delivered during your first year and repaid the faith I put in you which makes us both happy. I'm willing to back you with a bigger budget next year, you've brought people through the gate with your style of play and people saying it's the best football they've ever seen this club play. Depending on what your expectations are for next year maybe we can come to an agreement?

J.Garner: Thank you John, it's been a great year for everyone at the football club and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I think firstly we need to see who is available in the summer to evaluate before we can suggest expectations of next year, I mean I've got my eye on a few people and will be ringing contacts up. When the title was in the bag I thought of how we can add quality to our squad next year, Shamir Fenelon coming back again would be brilliant if we can strike a deal with Brighton. I also think that we need someone with legs at left-back as I think Gregor Robertson had an average year for us last year and won't be in my plans, I see that Tom Kennedy from Rochdale is on the transfer list but there's a player who's been recommended to me, Jeroen Tesselar of St.Mirren but getting to Scotland to watch him is the only stumbling block.

J.Fenty: I agree Josh, we will also need to have a look at who we are keeping and who's being let go as some players contracts are up at the end of the month. Have you had time to think who you are wanting to keep and let go yet?

J.Garner: Yes John, I'm trying to get a squad sorted and ready from pre-season so we can try gel as soon as possible. I think that a complete revamp is needed in the centre of the park as we need to have more energy going forward. Kane Ferdinand is a must keep though, it wouldn't suprise me if we had an offer for him. Obviously we need strikers if we can't get back a few players on loan but we will come to it when we get there.

J.Fenty: Ok Josh, I think that will do for today. You know where my door is if you need anything.

Grimsby Town released list.

View attachment 259745

Congratulations mate on winning the league. Good luck for the new season. :)

Congratulations pal, doing a great job,
Any chance can get a ss of finances?

View attachment 259206

End of the year financial report suggests we made a healthy profit of around 500k due to cup runs and promotion ect. We have made some cash this year which will be invested in the squad for next year. There are plenty of options which I have at the moment, due to us releasing alot of players and being able to use wages elsewhere. I've met up with alot of players over the break to get them interested and I want to assemble a squad early.

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 259205

Some really key additions this year. We got both our original targets at left-back in Jeroen Tesselar and Tom Kennedy which I'm still unsure of my starting left-back, they will have to show me what they offer in pre-season. In central midfield we've added undoubted quality which I now think is the strongest area in the team in Conor Henderson, Dean Parrett and Barry Ferguson who joins as a player/coach, and finally Jack Collison who is our marquee signing and will no doubt be a key player for us this year. I also brought through a few strikers as we wasn't able to get our original, desired targets. Tom Pope joins us on a free who has been smashing them in for Port Vale prior to his release, then the rest have joined us on loan for the season which are quality signings which I felt I had to make; Lars Veldwijk and Tyler Walker arrive from Notts Forest together while Adam Taggart will join from Fulham.

View attachment 259203
View attachment 259202

View attachment 259194
View attachment 259193

Two players which I'm excited about for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
One of the things I love about starting at Conference clubs or decent League 1/2 sides is that you can easily build a squad full of potential ready for the Premier League!