#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 259191

A perfect pre-season and a chance for me to assess the squad and what would be my best XI. Beating better opposition in Blackpool and Fleetwood and getting the job done against Boston and Barwell, I've got a headache as the players was brilliant and some will have to work hard to stay in the team should I give them a place as there is people raring to go should they not be picked.

Starting XI

View attachment 259186

This has been decided with me and my assistant Stephen Elliot who has trained well in pre-season and stood out. This is our starting XI for the first game of the season against Oxford United.

One of the things I love about starting at Conference clubs or decent League 1/2 sides is that you can easily build a squad full of potential ready for the Premier League!
I love it mate, going through the leagues and there are some players that you just love and you want to keep hold onto forever, Kane Ferdinand will NEVER leave haha!!

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 259034

Welcome.

View attachment 259033

A really hard earned draw for our first match in the new division. Not the most exciting match to ever watch but a game of great defensive work from both teams and none of us deserved to concede a goal. The class of the opposition is going to be much greater this year and we are not the financial powerhouses in the division so we must know that we can't be expected to win every game. It's going to be alot tougher for us this year but we have assembled the right squad with good attitudes to dig in and who knows what the outcome could be at the end of the season? Having the backing of a good chairman who is willing to support me makes my job 10 times easier which shows on the pitch.

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 874393

Let's get behind the boys again this season. We have announced our new 3rd kit for the season.

Results for August

View attachment 258642
Not a bad start at all to life in League 2, Undefeated. Althought we have drawn 3 and won two it's a positive mentality which we can hold and if teams find us hard to beat it will make things alot easier. Apart from the Oxford game, we have failed to keep a clean sheet so we will be bringing in a defensive coach to try set things right and try tighten up our great back-line which had the best record in the Vanarama Conference last year. We had great games in the Capital One Cup beating a Championship side and narrowly losing to another; we stand in good stead, although we have bowed out of the competition we can now focus on League Two.

Game of the Month

View attachment 258551

Everyone got their money's worth today at Sixfields. We had so many anti-climax's in the game from leading to losing to nicking a goal in the last 10 minutes. We pushed to try get a winner but it just wouldn't come despite us ending the game better than Northampton. A great spectacle for all fans and probably a fair result in the end.

Player of the Month

View attachment 258550
Lenell John-Lewis
The Shop has delivered again after another blistering start to the season, 5 goals this month and he has been absolutely bullying defences physically. His work rate goes a very long way as we are now defending from the front and putting players under pressure higher up the pitch.

Scorers this month:
Lenell John-Lewis - 5
Tyler Walker - 2
Adam Taggat - 1
Dean Leacock - 1
Shaun Pearson - 1
Adam Nkusu - 1
Kane Ferdinand - 1
Barry Ferguson - 1
Lars Veldwijk - 1
Jaime Peters - 1

Last edited:
#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 258549

Mighty Mariner leading the charge.

We brought in some extra's to help out at the club including a new assistant manager as Chris Doig was having personal problems. We brought in Patrick Van Houdt who had brief spells as manager in Belgium and was the Assistant once at KV Mechelen. He will provide a wealth of experience and bring over knowledge of Belgium.

View attachment 258540

View attachment 258539
View attachment 258538

Neil Woods arrives back at the club, he is a legend here. He was given the job as manager in 2009 and things didn't work out. He was originally the under 18's manager but progressed some great youth prospects to the first team which included Ryan Bennett who is now playing for Norwich. He will be key for our development of our own players.

View attachment 258537
View attachment 258536

Results for September

View attachment 258548

The leaky defence has kept 3 clean sheets out of 5 this month. We have improved in that area which I'm very pleased with, there are plenty of positives to take from this month regardless of a loss and draw. We are performing very well at this moment in time and the team are gelling together very fast. We can try look at plugging tiny gaps with transfers should we need to improve things for ourselves. We are doing far better and above expectation of us.

Game of the Month

View attachment 258534

Completely played Exeter off the park and got our reward in doing so; 9 shots on target and we should have had more goals had we been more clinical. Our gates keep increasing and fans are happy with the football being played and the results which are going with it.

Player of the Month

View attachment 258535
James McKeown
The Irish shot-stopper is part of our defence and often forgotten about but he has won us points on his own this season. Aswell as winning goalkeeper of the year award, he is being watched by a number of clubs but won't be going anywhere.

Scorers this month (total goals in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 5 (10)
Adam Nkusu - 1 (2)
Lars Veldjiwk - 1 (2)
Tyler Walker - 0 (2)
Jeroen Tesselaar - 1 (1)
Adam Taggart - 0 (1)
Dean Leacock - 0 (1)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (1)
Kane Ferdinand - 0 (1)
Barry Ferguson - 0 (1)
Jaime Peters - 0 (1)

#ThisTownKnows

View attachment 258528

View attachment 258527

View attachment 258526

We bring in Kwesi Appiah to try and get more goals from the front line. He will be rotational but if he takes his chance he will secure his place in the team.

Results for October

View attachment 258525
Brought down to earth a little this month, a very 'average' month with three wins, two draws and two losses. I also switched my focus at the end of the month to go back to our attacking style as we scored 6 goals in 7 games which isn't great goalscoring form compared to our freestyle play where we score goals at will.

Game of the Month

View attachment 258524

My first local derby and although the game lacked real quality, we still did enough to win the game. The crowd created a great atmosphere and made Blundell Park a pleasure to be at. When they was reduced to 10 men it made the game alot easier for us to see out and it was one of the many few positives of October.

Player of the Month

View attachment 258523
Philip Billing
The young dane on loan from Huddersfield has provided excellent defensive cover infront of the back four this month, being a shield and cutting up attacks. He has been the standout player of the month by far and should the option become available I'd love to add him to my squad permanantly.

Scorers this month (goals for season in brackets):
Lenell John-Lewis - 1 (11)
Tyler Walker - 2 (4)
Lars Veldwijk - 1 (3)
Adam Taggart - 1 (2)
Adam Nkusu - 0 (2)
Kwesi Appiah - 1 (1)
Jereon Tesselaar - 0 (1)
Dean Leacock - 0 (1)
Shaun Pearson - 0 (1)
Kane Ferdinand - 0 (1)
Barry Ferguson - 0 (1)