Finished first season with the tactic yesterday evening, did some tinkering mid way though and it really helped to find Lukaku his scoring boots + got the right side attacker more involved within the game.

Still, somehow it seems, it can be better.. The possession and dominance isn't actually that convincing yet.

Zjp4Ldp.jpg

Xn21IRi.jpg

WBg9kfM.jpg

OjAKwS0.png

Vm5Ku8X.jpg

lDqqMSL.jpg

C7TvBL9.jpg

It's the home tactic then, what I changed. Kept the Away tactic as it was and didn't really use it since the tinkering.

what skin is that ?

Finished first season with the tactic yesterday evening, did some tinkering mid way though and it really helped to find Lukaku his scoring boots + got the right side attacker more involved within the game.

Still, somehow it seems, it can be better.. The possession and dominance isn't actually that convincing yet.

Zjp4Ldp.jpg

Xn21IRi.jpg

WBg9kfM.jpg

OjAKwS0.png

Vm5Ku8X.jpg

lDqqMSL.jpg

C7TvBL9.jpg

It's the home tactic then, what I changed. Kept the Away tactic as it was and didn't really use it since the tinkering.

Looking good, given that you won the league Champions League final.
A lot of the slip ups were away games which are much harder on FM18 this year.
Ironically, you probably have more time to play FM than I do. Do let us know if you find any useful tweaks for away from home :)
It could be as simple as a team mentality change or perhaps reducing attacking full backs to support.

Getting fantastic results using your away tactic on COUNTER for away games, and your away tactic tweaked by nikkaez on CONTROL at home, adjusting full backs to what role i think they should and rotating my team. Leave the briefings and to *** manager.
View attachment 73922
View attachment 73921
View attachment 73920

First loss to Madrid was due to players missing sitters, second game I only lost due to a penalty and again players wasting chances.

Last edited:
Getting fantastic results using your away tactic on COUNTER for away games, and your away tactic tweaked by nikkaez on CONTROL, adjusting full backs to what role i think they should and rotating my team. Leave the briefings and to *** manager.
View attachment 1138764
View attachment 1138765
View attachment 1138766

First loss to Madrid was due to players missing sitters, second game I only lost due to a penalty and again players wasting chances.

Awesome!
Glad you've tried out tweaks and different mentalities too, because I certainly didn't have time to do so :D

Also, I didn't realise I actually uploaded the tactics as "Fraudiola" ffs lol

Awesome!
Glad you've tried out tweaks and different mentalities too, because I certainly didn't have time to do so :D

Also, I didn't realise I actually uploaded the tactics as "Fraudiola" ffs lol

Was sort of inconsistent throughout the season despite winning the league and the FA Cup, so towards the end of the season, against Brighton (5-1) to be specific I switched the mentality to Attacking on the home tactic and it's worked wonders. Every player performs and we score more goals!

View attachment 73397
View attachment 73396
View attachment 73395
View attachment 73394

Nice results! But how about CL? Also what is the name of that skin? Cheers

CL didn´t went too well, I lost to Atl. Madrid on the 1st knockout phase. 0-0 at home but then lost away 2-0. Against stronger teams than yours it could be almost impossible to beat them... But the team always performs well nontheless (H)

The skin is this one, it´s really cool! https://fminside.net/aurum-skin-high-low-res/

hi kyanite, first of all thank you for the excellent tactic, have been scoring alot alot of low crosses goal ^_^

Tested with lower league side...success!

Hi Kyanite, awesome tactic mate. I applied it to my Grimsby Town team in the English League Two around November of my first season. Up until that point I'd had varying success and was sitting around the playoffs (5th-8th) with very inconsistent results (beat the best team Coventry one week, lost to Crawley Town the next). Just for context, I don't vacation/holiday during the season so I'm there for every game! (H)
Had to make a few tweaks due to the lack of RMD players in the lower leagues. Switched them both to Inside Forwards on Attack. Again, lack of real quality players for the Anchorman role so I changed that to Defensive Midfielder. The two IF had great seasons. LF had 18 goals, 11 assists. RF had 11 goals, 15 assists. Even their understudies chipped in with 12 goals and 13 assists between them.
My strikers would go through barren spells though. The main striker (Matt) had 24 goals and the backup (Jones) had 13, so i was fortunate I was able to switch between the two when poor form hit.
Quick shout out to the tip of my midfield 3, my Advanced Playmaker Chris Clements. 8 goals 9 assists and he missed the first 5 months of the season injured so I'm excited to see how he plays next season if he stays healthy.
View attachment 72884
Absolutely dominated possession throughout the rest of the season (58% average), scored the most goals (98), most completed passes (79%) and had the 6-7th best defence (would have been better if not for early season wobbles such as 3-3 type games).
View attachment 72883
So there you have it, League Two Champions. Excited for season 2 in League One. Still making little tweaks here and there but this tactic is brilliant. So many games I dominate possession but lack of quality in the lower leagues mean many many MANY chances go begging. Can't wait to see this tactic employed when I'm in charge of a big team ;)
Thanks again mate and hopefully I'll be checking back in with back-to-back promotions (H)

hi kyanite, first of all thank you for the excellent tactic, have been scoring alot alot of low crosses goal ^_^
No probs! The low crosses element is something I really enjoy to watch in the tactic too :)
Hi Kyanite, awesome tactic mate. I applied it to my Grimsby Town team in the English League Two around November of my first season. Up until that point I'd had varying success and was sitting around the playoffs (5th-8th) with very inconsistent results (beat the best team Coventry one week, lost to Crawley Town the next). Just for context, I don't vacation/holiday during the season so I'm there for every game! (H)Had to make a few tweaks due to the lack of RMD players in the lower leagues. Switched them both to Inside Forwards on Attack. Again, lack of real quality players for the Anchorman role so I changed that to Defensive Midfielder. The two IF had great seasons. LF had 18 goals, 11 assists. RF had 11 goals, 15 assists. Even their understudies chipped in with 12 goals and 13 assists between them.My strikers would go through barren spells though. The main striker (Matt) had 24 goals and the backup (Jones) had 13, so i was fortunate I was able to switch between the two when poor form hit. Quick shout out to the tip of my midfield 3, my Advanced Playmaker Chris Clements. 8 goals 9 assists and he missed the first 5 months of the season injured so I'm excited to see how he plays next season if he stays healthy. View attachment 1139980Absolutely dominated possession throughout the rest of the season (58% average), scored the most goals (98), most completed passes (79%) and had the 6-7th best defence (would have been better if not for early season wobbles such as 3-3 type games). View attachment 1139981So there you have it, League Two Champions. Excited for season 2 in League One. Still making little tweaks here and there but this tactic is brilliant. So many games I dominate possession but lack of quality in the lower leagues mean many many MANY chances go begging. Can't wait to see this tactic employed when I'm in charge of a big team ;)Thanks again mate and hopefully I'll be checking back in with back-to-back promotions (H)
Wow! I seriously didn't expect it to be so successful in the lower leagues but credit where it's due to you for tweaking it to allow it to be so!Mind uploading your variation? I might do some investigating in to it and see if I can find time to make an as solid as possible lower league version perhaps? :DCheers & congrats!

What types of players should I be looking at for the AML/R? Winger types or IF types?

What types of players should I be looking at for the AML/R? Winger types or IF types?
Closer to IF types, got to be pacey but more importantly intelligent, technically good, dribblers etc