Gunning for Glory ~ My Guide to Managing Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 79K
In my Arsenal game I just started I am almost half way through first season and am currently in 1st. I only bought two players, Lars Bender (DM) and Cavani. Cavani was a bit expensive obviously (worth it so far) but Bender has been amazing as the Anchor Man of my 4-1-2-1-2, not sure if he is more expensive than Fellaini but I absolutely recommend him.

As you said though, he is much more defensive than Fellaini, whereas Fellaini is more of a DLP/BWM which fits the Arsenal style much more :)

I´m trying to get mostly all wonderkids for Arsenal, now at the end of the 1st season
right at the start
1.Rodrigo(1,4M+Santos)
2.J Rodriguez (12M+Chamakh), in my first save I´ve managed to get him as Ex for Gervinho, this time I wanted to let him play and get cash at the end of the season, but he was somehow declining, now costs just about 14M
3.Varane(11,5M+Koscielny)
4.Goetze for next season(17M+Djourou)
5.Alaba for next season(Sagna+9,5M) - not the best deal, could get much more for Sagna after the 1st season and Alaba did cost under 20M, next time I will pay straight cash for him

made a lot of money by selling some oldies

March transfers
1.Jones(19,75M+Tete)
2.Zouma(17+Conquelin)
3.Isco(19M)
4.Ter Stegen(19M)
5.Falcao(7,25M+Cazorla)
6. Welli nem(4,1M)

I could already get even Neymar, but 44M are a little too much, ManU, Chelsea and Barca are after him, so I don´t know, it would not be the best thing to let him go to rivals...
and Hazard would negotiate already, had not a good season, but Chelsea want s 41M... so the same case, would love to bring him in, should I wait? now is he valued at about 14M
M´Villa would be great addition, but somehow not for 30M, and Rennes don´t want anybody to exchange
and please, any RB recommended???

all transfers were negotiated to be paid with about 3-15M in front and the rest within 12 or 6 month to stay within the financial limit at the end of the season, I think its fair, 48 month is somehow not realistic, or you should pay much more in end effect...

Last edited:
I´m trying to get mostly all wonderkids for Arsenal, now at the end of the 1st season
right at the start
1.Rodrigo(1,4M+Santos)
2.J Rodriguez (12M+Chamakh), in my first save I´ve managed to get him as Ex for Gervinho, this time I wanted to let him play and get cash at the end of the season, but he was somehow declining, now costs just about 14M
3.Varane(11,5M+Koscielny)
4.Goetze for next season(17M+Djourou)
5.Alaba for next season(Sagna+9,5M) - not the best deal, could get much more for Sagna after the 1st season and Alaba did cost under 20M, next time I will pay straight cash for him

made a lot of money by selling some oldies

March transfers
1.Jones(19,75M+Tete)
2.Zouma(17+Conquelin)
3.Isco(19M)
4.Ter Stegen(19M)
5.Falcao(7,25M+Cazorla)
6. Welli nem(4,1M)

I could already get even Neymar, but 44M are a little too much, ManU, Chelsea and Barca are after him, so I don´t know, it would not be the best thing to let him go to rivals...
and Hazard would negotiate already, had not a good season, but Chelsea want s 41M... so the same case, would love to bring him in, should I wait? now is he valued at about 14M
M´Villa would be great addition, but somehow not for 30M, and Rennes don´t want anybody to exchange
and please, any RB recommended???

all transfers were negotiated to be paid with about 3-15M in front and the rest within 12 or 6 month to stay within the financial limit at the end of the season, I think its fair, 48 month is somehow not realistic, or you should pay much more in end effect...

Because your using the 48 months thing, your save isn't going to last very long with Arsenal, as they'll soon start getting financial troubles. I'd also stop buying for the sake of it, it will just disrupt team harmony as players aren't getting played and want to leave!

In terms of Right-Back, I'd have a look at Corchia :)

Try to unsettle players, it's quite easy on this version.

I´m not using 48 month, just 6-12month, club fin. are now at about 160mil and with profit from league, hopefully some millions from CHL, and especially from selling another players (Merte, Gervinho, Gibbs, Walcott, Giroud, Frimpong, Fabianski and even Vermaelen, if I have to:) ) it would be probably another 100M this summer, so, even if I will buy Neymar and Hazard for 100M, who would be playing regularly, I will stay within limit at the end of the 2nd season without any debts.

I think I could rotate them a little:

..................Ter Stegen/Scziesny-loan
............RB-Varane,Jones,Vermaelen,Zouma-Alaba
.............Ramsey/Isco-MC/DLP - M´Villa/...-BWM
Wilshere/Ox(RW/IF)-Götze/Rodriguez(AdvPl)-Hazard/Neymar(LW/IF)
.................Rodrigo/Falcao/Neymar(AdvF)
the only thing is, that I will probably buy Neymar, but let him play another half a season in Santos, and I will try it just with Falcao, who I will sell at the end of the next season, or however :)

Last edited:
my most wenger-esque transfer window, EVER! (this was partly motivated because after my 3rd season I made a whopping £120m loss due to the financing of the new stadium...

View attachment 288367

and here's the greatest news I've ever had in the game...

View attachment 288368

Wow! Amazing that you got a new stadium that quick. I thought you had to wait like 20 years after the other or something.

about that... edited the database so the emirates was 20 years old. its the one thing in the game I've always wanted to be able to do - have Arsenal build a new stadium (preferably in my name but if not me, the legend that is Henry is fair enough imo).

Seems like I'm accidentally turning into Arsene Wenger myself ever since the stadium announcement/move...

View attachment 289218

View attachment 289219

After the 2016/17 'austerity' transfer window, this is my 2017/18 one...

View attachment 289220

The result of last seasons sales meant I missed out on the Champions League for the first time in my tenure :( as I lost to Leverkusen on penalties. Marginal differences I know - but still.

This seasons sales have left me relying more and more on youth! But I have faith in these little critters to see us reclaim what is rightfully ours!

I´m not using 48 month, just 6-12month, club fin. are now at about 160mil and with profit from league, hopefully some millions from CHL, and especially from selling another players (Merte, Gervinho, Gibbs, Walcott, Giroud, Frimpong, Fabianski and even Vermaelen, if I have to:) ) it would be probably another 100M this summer, so, even if I will buy Neymar and Hazard for 100M, who would be playing regularly, I will stay within limit at the end of the 2nd season without any debts.

I think I could rotate them a little:

..................Ter Stegen/Scziesny-loan
............RB-Varane,Jones,Vermaelen,Zouma-Alaba
.............Ramsey/Isco-MC/DLP - M´Villa/...-BWM
Wilshere/Ox(RW/IF)-Götze/Rodriguez(AdvPl)-Hazard/Neymar(LW/IF)
.................Rodrigo/Falcao/Neymar(AdvF)
the only thing is, that I will probably buy Neymar, but let him play another half a season in Santos, and I will try it just with Falcao, who I will sell at the end of the next season, or however :)

You've played 1 season and already have £160m in the bank? Im on my second season with Arsenal, and these numbers do not make sense.

Did you edit out the existing debts and give yourself a sugar daddy or something?

Last edited:
You sold theo for 34m?!

Wow I had no idea he would fetch that value

Tassotti or Baresi?

Valdir de Moraes has retired, who is better? I tend always to get Tassotti, but Baresi seems to be a bit better, especially in attacking, but tacticly it would be Mauro
View attachment 292588
I will post some screens of my financies later accordind to the amount I have spent to get all my stars, and it was no cheating :) so which one? 4-2-3-1View attachment 292591

You sold theo for 34m?!

Wow I had no idea he would fetch that value

In another save, I sold him on the very first day of the game to Chelsea for a straight £30m - might've been able to get more as they are rivals, but that was the what i thought to be optimistic price, and they paid it!

Hi, as I said, more saves because of transfers, but without editing(H)
1st Season - 2nd in PL
2nd Season - 1st 1 point ahead of Man City with a little luck, when I lost 2 of my last 5 matches, and thought, it was over, but City lost too ... without my help :)

Finances-the key is to sell some oldies on big wages, loan some out, make probably couple of exch. or straight cash transfers for the next season, like I did with Goetze and Alaba, Rodrigo was a great steal for me for 1,4M+Santos right at the start,, in winter I didnt buy anybody and started to unsettle players in march, if I had to

put all money to wages, I´m producing right at this moment over 2M p/w just from wages and about another 3-4M/month from loans, so it makes a lot lot money within 12 month, so I could spend so much without a big risk
View attachment 292959View attachment 292960
transfers - I think Ihave made some overpayed ones, like Alaba for 9,5M+Sagna, Falcao for 7,5M+Cazorla,
M´Villa for 24M was too much I think and I couldn´t get Neymar cheaper, he was unsettled and Chelsea, Man U and Barca were all after him after 1st Season, so I had to buy him, before they do... another thing-I´ve made great decision to let him play for Santos another half a season, the same with Hazard-who I love to lure away from Chelsea and for 24M+Gibbs was not too much IMO-the fans think it was a poor buss...
another good one, but prob. not best was 1,4M+Gervinho(who didn´t perform for me) for Danilo, otherway I would go for Corchia
View attachment 292979View attachment 292980View attachment 292981View attachment 292982
I´m at the start of the 3rd Seas and I´m very proud of it, ladies and gentelmen this is my dreamteam(H)
View attachment 292961View attachment 292962View attachment 292963View attachment 292964View attachment 292965View attachment 292966View attachment 292967View attachment 292968View attachment 292969View attachment 292970View attachment 292971View attachment 292972View attachment 292973View attachment 292974View attachment 292975View attachment 292976View attachment 292977View attachment 292978
I was not the only one who spent a lot..., just some transfers, interesting was that Barca didn´t spent anything in 3 windows, RM was the same, and Man C and PSG had big spending just every 2y, Man U have spent almost 150M just when Fergie retired and was replaced with Vilaboas View attachment 292983View attachment 292984View attachment 292985View attachment 292986View attachment 292987View attachment 292988View attachment 292989View attachment 292990
so enjoy playing

Nicely done, I struggled through the season with the 4-2-3-1 formation. I had to utilise Theo as the ST as, without his pace we lacked any sort of attacking presence in the first season. I did manage to win the UCL in the first year, the key signing I made first season was Jetro Willems. I made the wrong choice in signing Jordy Clasie, for roughly the same amount for Fellaini. I made up for that later.
2014 season I went right away from the 4-2-3-1 formation, and have since stuck with a 5-3-2 formation. SW, 2CBs and WBs, 3CM. I was able to get rid of a lot of deadwood in the January window. I signed Sergi Gomez as cover at SW/CD (came cheaply), Matteo Musacchio for 7m is a bargain, and Robert Lewandoski for 26mil hasn't stopped scoring. Successful season 4th in the league won the UCL again, the CWC and Super Cups.
Current season, my squad has shrunk. but still has a ton of quality. I am looking at selling Vermaelen at seasons end his rating has dropped massively, still a handy backup though. Key signing so far has been Edinson Cavani, scoring at will man 39 games (overall) for 36 goals (in all comps; 18 in the EPL) with 12 assists. a total beast. Guiseppi Bellusci is another CD that has been really solid cost 7.5mil another bargain. Overall, having more luck with a 5-3-2 now, 2nd in the league two games in hand and 2pts back of City.

Is this genuine? I'm thinking of getting the game, but was worried that it would be too unrealistic and made easy as a result. I just can't see how Arsenal could get Varane, Goetze, Neymar, Hazard and Falcao in one season - in fact, change that, ever!!

I really don't want to get the game if teams have enough money to buy the worlds best players after just one season. With that team, tactics are irrelevant for the most part.

I'm really concerned now, that if I get the game, you could manage Swansea and win the league after just 3 seasons, or something.

Please tell me you've been cheating, because this would just make it too easy to play.

Is this genuine? I'm thinking of getting the game, but was worried that it would be too unrealistic and made easy as a result. I just can't see how Arsenal could get Varane, Goetze, Neymar, Hazard and Falcao in one season - in fact, change that, ever!!

I really don't want to get the game if teams have enough money to buy the worlds best players after just one season. With that team, tactics are irrelevant for the most part.

I'm really concerned now, that if I get the game, you could manage Swansea and win the league after just 3 seasons, or something.

Please tell me you've been cheating, because this would just make it too easy to play.

No, you can't get all these players in 1 season, he has either spent it in 48 month deals (Which means soon the club will hit financial difficulty) or something fishy :) But each to his own, if he wants to buy everyone then it is his choice :)

every deal was negotiated to pay 3-15M in front depending on players value (30-40 percent) and the rest to pay within 6-12 month to stay clear of all debts at the end of every season, that was my challenge, yes and it works, as you see its just a math, not to spend all money at once and wait for reasonable prices or exchanges, just a business... :)

I´ve lost a lot of money throughout the 2nd season, when I had to pay these deals, but I have spared a lot in the first season and raised interests, so I had about 200M in bank at the start of the second season, -150M within 10 month(until March) I went down to 50M in bank, but after that I got some price money, league, CL and TV money later, so ...it works
View attachment 293332View attachment 293333View attachment 293334View attachment 293335View attachment 293336
now I´m at the start of winter transfer window 2014/15, I didn´t even win too much within these 2 years, and as you see my finances look very stable, my club is valued over 1b and has about 110M in bank. I´m loosing just about 3M per month.
At the start of this transfer window I got even another 30M to spend for challenge for a CL place, but don´t need anybody at this moment, even when I got almost always at least 4-5 injured players, so just when a deal comes, where I could make a big profit... and when I get some money from PL and CL it would look much much better, so I wouldn´t say that I was cheating

and I still have some players to sell if I need to(H)

what I mean is, I don´t like this 48 month deals, its not very realistic, or if you do that, you shoul probably pay at least 10-15 percent more pepr year, so at the end a player who would cost 10M would cost you about 16M in 48 month deal, that would be good enough, but to make 48 month deals for the same price as straight in cash is not ok

Last edited:
Pretty good guide. Just got FM13, I always do an Arsenal save, but wondering if I should wait until the patch after the transfer window comes out just to see what kind of finances Arsenal have after announcing their new kit/stadium deal.

Great guide. I've not played as Arsenal since FM11 so looking forward to seeing how I do with them. I've already bought Baines and Demba Ba, as well as offloaded Chamakh, Mannone on loan and Andre Santos, so a pretty successful pre-season so far!

Back