Gurkha fought off 30 Taliban

sidgurung97

Reaction score
Gurkha who fought off 30 Taliban by himself awarded honour​
A Gurkha who fired 400 bullets and 17 grenades while single-handedly fighting off 30 Taliban militants is to receive the second highest military honour for bravery.​
article-1301006733964-0B51EBB300000578-365835_636x300.jpg

Acting Sgt Dipprasad Pun, 31, was on sentry duty alone at night when he discovered two insurgents preparing to plant a bomb outside.

As enemy fighters launched wave after wave of attacks, the 1.7m (5ft 7in) Gurkha opened fire with a machine gun, a rifle and a grenade launcher.

When he exhausted all ammunition he tried to batter one militant with a sandbag before bludgeoning him with a machine gun tripod, as he roared in Nepali: ‘I will kill you.’

The soldier, from the Royal Gurkha Rifles, was alerted to the enemy when he heard what he thought was a cow or a donkey near his sentry post.

But, when he climbed on to the roof, he found two insurgents digging a trench to lay an improvised explosive device at the checkpoint’s front gate.

He then found himself pinned down under attack from rocket-propelled grenades and AK47s for more than 15 minutes, as he frantically radioed for back-up.

At first, he was afraid but he said yesterday: ‘As soon as I opened fire, that was gone – before they kill me I have to kill some.’

When the fight was over, his company commander arrived, casually slapped him on the back and asked if he was OK.

The third-generation Gurkha, from Kent, will receive the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross, one of 136 awards to be announced today.​

Being a Nepali and a Gurkha's son, I was very proud to see this. And to know that they were fighting for pensions some time ago at Britain was just ridiculous.

What a hero. Literally.

ive just got to say one thing and thats wat a proper hero is a man who risks his life for His country and 30 taliban by him self legend thanks for posting bud .

He saved many soldiers too; the taliban were planting a bomb.
That just makes it even better.

fair play... 30 taliban all on his own. massive respect for this guy

That's 'cause the Gurkhas are mad bastards. Respect to him.

this guy is amazing massive respect for him

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

30 taliban and a bomb wowww!!

And the company commander just gave him a tap in the back and "You alright?" for that XD

Being a Nepali and a Gurkha's son, I was very proud to see this. And to know that they were fighting for pensions some time ago at Britain was just ridiculous.

Was about to mention this.. Really poor from the British Government not to give them proper citizenship etc.

When the fight was over, his company commander arrived, casually slapped him on the back and asked if he was OK.

Brilliant.

Was about to mention this.. Really poor from the British Government not to give them proper citizenship etc.

Brilliant.

I know, when they announced that there was an outrage from my dad and his Gurkha friends. It really is a real poor decision.

I know, when they announced that there was an outrage from my dad and his Gurkha friends. It really is a real poor decision.

Ditto the elder members of my family, two of whom fought alongside the Gurkhas. It was a pretty ****** stupid situation not to give them citizenship.

Did your dad serve in the [British] army?

All I know is that he was recruited as a Gurkha soldier when he was 17 (back in 1978ish), then he was at the Gurkha regiment at the UK. He served for twenty-something years before becoming a sailor.