Guru's Aegis - Want your striker to beat records ? There you go

Guru

Reaction score
INTRODUCTION
Firstly, you should know that even if the tactic was tested with great success on lesser & bigger teams, it might not work with yours depending on the players you have as it is still FM & football :D

TACTIC PRESENTATION
c8f6693053e0b196db1359a5d9c5ab41.png

517426b76460eba3944fbc4dd8774b4e.png

db1f76689fd6833860c5b500c0df4707.png

The Aegis is probably my tactic that has the best output for the striker.
I mean it
d985777637921206aa8351e441fb8f05.png

It's solid overall but definitely a strong offensive power. As you'll see, you have pretty much 7 players on the field that move towards the opposition area when you have the ball, overwhelming the defense to score, and score, and score some more
smile.gif

There are no OIs involved (I don't use them, but of course, feel free to do so )

PLAYERS
Most of the player profiles to look for are pretty standard. There are a few things you should look for however.

For the IWBs : just play your regular Left Back / Right Back, don't mind the inverted foot or w/e.
For the IW : pretty much the same as above, the players you use as AML / AMR can play as IW on the side
wink.gif
just train them there and it'll be fine (same, don't mind best foot too much)

CORNERS
Corners are setup short, make sure that no one is setup as a corner taker for extra efficiancy ;)

RESULTS
WITH MONACO (first season - no transfer)
77449cdf879746f3c57e1405fcd7c989.png

ca51912b3186d7d07672150e4ce0093c.png

78a326fe4463ac9c245bb7ac95d82bc5.png

And find me on twitter here : https://twitter.com/FM_Guru88

Changes for Away games in big matches??
And Also who handles :
1)Match Briefings
2)team Trainings
3)OIs

I don't change the tactic. If you struggle at some point in a match you can go for more direct passes & faster tempo but that's about it.
I don't do briefings (nor do I let my *** man do them)
I do use personnal trainings but it shouldn't matter too much to let your *** man handle them tbh
And no OIs

hi, is this tactic work well on latest match engine update?
oh one more, are you just use one tactic in all season (btw already test for how long season)

it was made on the latest patch so it works there, yes.
And yes I just this one all throughout the season (and quite a few seasons in a row too)

tested 5 games and so far my striker has score 8 goals. very promising!

Perhaps a wee bit too slow / not strong enough in the air, with 2 AMC that take a lot of chances with Hazard & Dybala, the combo might not help Icardi very much I'd say :/

Perhaps a wee bit too slow / not strong enough in the air, with 2 AMC that take a lot of chances with Hazard & Dybala, the combo might not help Icardi very much I'd say :/

Maybe it wont work with AMC that are the individualist type players! probably amc with ppm tries killer balls often and prefer pass to shoot will boost the striker more!

The corner taker is down as either DL or DR, with only one staying back, should both be staying back?

Hi, promising tactic! Just a couple of general questions...

1. Is it possible to change the IWBs to just WBs, and the IW to W?

2. Do you have a screenshot of which positions score/assist the most?

Thank you :)

It is possible, but it'll change a lot of how things play out, might not work so much afterwards :p Give it a go eventually & see for yourself, may be with your players it'll be fine (but honestly, I don't see the point to change these roles)
For the screenshots, my striker scores the most, by far, but as you can see above, it can depends on a couple factors, so that might not always be the case if the striker isn't suited. Assists come from all around, mostly the IWs & the AMCs I'd say.

Hi, promising tactic! Just a couple of general questions...

1. Is it possible to change the IWBs to just WBs, and the IW to W?

2. Do you have a screenshot of which positions score/assist the most?

Thank you :)

Dont get me wrong, I'm not an FM tactician so this comment could be wrong but here we go.

The author has the IWBs to help out in midfield (if my understanding of the role is correct) and should sit somewhere around the DM. With there being 2 AMs, the IWBs in theory are helping to support the gap in the midfield, so by changing them to wing backs, I'd imagine you'd be vulnerable to attacks through the middle.

Again, I could be completely off and everything will be fine haha

i was acutally thinkin' about doing this formation my self, since i signed to young amc's for next season. So i might give this a go, maybe with a few tweaks to suit my 1860 münich team.

I was thinking about changing:
*IW(a) to natural W(s)
*One of the AMC to attack duty.
*Ball playing defenders, playing wide PI
*DLP(d) to a RPM(s)

Will this end up being all fancy and ****, or what do you think?

Do you really need another player joining in attack? You've got 5 playes already
i thought about changing the IWB to support. making them attack less, and covering the central part of the pitch, to make more space for the RPM (i du really like the style of the role)

Hi Guru, its possible to download yours 352 tactic from yours save in year 2060?