zyndar

Reaction score
H Y D R A

View attachment 188121

"...the Hydra had poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent was deadly..."

<<< DOWNLOAD HERE >>>

Version 2
View attachment 185824

DM version
Post with the DM version

Link to Hydra V4==> Post #354

Hello Guys,

Let me introduce to you the Hydra (yes, yes, because of the 3 strikers and the 3 heads...) I never created 3 striker tactic before, the idea came truly when reading ChristianEriksen's topic about the formation and my brain started to think. So thank you to CE! After several unsuccessful tries I ended up at this tactic, which worked by far the best in my testing leage.

Formation and instructions

2110553-20160124-6XKqW2.jpg

2110568-20160124-cDZEZb.jpg

Dynamic mentality

I've found that Hydra works with Counter, Standard and Attacking mentalities, but the starting one and most used is STANDARD. You have to assimilate to the match situation to change the mentality to Counter or Attack. I think that changing to Counter is only necessary against the strongest opponents. The Attacking mentality can do miracles, but I didn't used it for whole matches. Well it's up to you how many times you are using it, but it will not just save the games but even change it to a win many times.

The roles

GK - Nothing special really

DC - Both players are on Cover duty, to cut off through balls. I've found this setup very effective.

WB - Both are on attack. They will create chances with the early crosses and both will be duly involved on the attacking moves.

BWM defend - Use tough guys here.

CM support - Classic central midfielders to use here, they will venture forward and are assigned to try through balls.

F9 - As it was proved many times, if a player don't have all the important skilld based on the game's suggestion, it doesn't mean that he won't do well. You can easily retrain your IF's to F9s.

DLF - Your strongest striker here

Training

Put the standard version to 2 slots and the attacking to the 3rd one at the start of pre season and match tactics as match training. In pre season the general training should be fitness and team cohesion later.
During the season the general training should be balanced and after the tactic is fluid, change the match training to defensive positioning.

OI's

No OI's.

Corners

The best taker should do the corners and the aim should be the penalty spot. Put 4 players back and have 2 with the best long shot attribute at the edge of the box.

2099183-20160116-hPEjf0.jpg

Team talks

I don't like to complicate things in this area, but I always do it by myself. Actually let the overall team talk done by your assistant, but after you do the positional team talk:

Before the match

- Home always assertively: I have faith...

- Away calmly or assertively: I have faith...

Half time

- If leading by 1 or 2 goals: assertivevely/calmly don't get complacent; if more than 2 you should praise them

- If it's a draw or losing: assertively/calmly show me something else

Full time

- If won than praise them
- If drew or lost then assertively chew them out

During the match

- If you do not have the lead after the 1st half, tell them assertively/calmly to demand more or push forward
- If you have the lead than for the last 20 minutes tell them to concentrate

Praising players

When your player have an average match rating above 7.60 for the last 5 games, you can interact with them and say they recent from is good. Only avoid to praise more then 4 players at the same time (obviously if you are on a winning streak and more then 4 players are red hot, then only praise the best 4) and do not praise the same player in the same month again. At least this is how I am doing things.

League Table and results

2099194-20160117-Mu6NEs.jpg
2099186-20160117-V7iEr2.jpg

2099196-20160117-hGXJBZ.jpg

2099195-20160117-mk0bMX.jpg

2099193-20160117-cG1CJ1.jpg

So it's time to sell your wingers and wide midfielders and retrain your IFs to F9 :)

Test with Barnsley

2102235-20160117-VTVlWV.jpg

View attachment 187743View attachment 187742View attachment 187740

First season with Leeds
View attachment 185823View attachment 185822

Tweak Zone

V1 Banton's tweak ==> Post #52

Last edited:
Looks very promising , Only concern I have is the midfield . I think that they will be all over the place pressing the ball and maybe leave you leaking goals at the back . I'll try it for sure

Good luck Zyndar. Hope people got some nice results in a non tactic testing league!

Looking forward to see peoples results with this :) nothing beats a good 4-3-3

attacking wingbacks + hit early crosses = match engine rape. Please use protection.

Decent looking tactic mate. Could you test it with some BPL side?
Btw. curently using your deadly circle, loving it!
Cheers

I test it with my FC Den Bosch team, my second season in the premier division (the Netherlands). Media prediction 16, current position 4th (after 17 matches I start with the HYDRA tac. Soon I post some results.

Loved 3 up front last year but this year not great for me.
This formation failed early as September for me in my United test 5 months, not winning 6 games before September had ended. Meaning Beserk and 4-2-3-1 for 16.2 are still leading in my tests.

Hi Zyndar, is better than Deadly Circle?

It's different, but I am looking for users feedback instead.

Loved 3 up front last year but this year not great for me.
This formation failed early as September for me in my United test 5 months, not winning 6 games before September had ended. Meaning Beserk and 4-2-3-1 for 16.2 are still leading in my tests.

The formation or this tactic?

The formation or this tactic?

Can't remember who created the one last year. It was a very underated tactic and no where near the top of the tactics page last year.
Looks very similar to this one though.

Nice skin Zyndar, what's the name?

This is FMT :)

Mate, in last 5 matches u scored 19 goals (impressive), but had just 3 Clear Cut chances in all 5 games (terible)?

It is same in previous matches with Hydra also... How do u comment that???

Football is played for goals, not CCCs (H) Btw 17 CCCs on the first 5 matches.

can you tested this in seria A with chievo or torino?