Harris' Unstoppable 4-2-2-2 Home & 4-1-1-3-1 Away tactics!! :)

Amazing tactic. I've won all 15 games so far (as Liverpool) including 3-2 away to Bayern and an amazing 4 goal comeback after being 3-0 down at home to Arsenal.

It has taken a lot of the stress out of the game for me where I would be constantly fretting over Shout tweaks.

Only issue I have is the amount of cards I've received as a consequence of the change but I just change the Shout if I get an early yellow.

Scored a LOT of goals with these tactics.

My squad seems to suit the Home version no matter where and who the game is against.

Thanks for sharing!

Sorry to be a bit stupid but which is the current tactic 1.4 cos all all i see is home, away and shut up shop on the OP?

This tactic is working well for me. I am Harrogate, but my team is really good for it's division.

Most disappointing game was vs. a team 2 leagues below in the cup = drew 1-1, but had my 2nd string team starting, with a lot of youngsters.

The last game I played finished 1-1 too - but without a blinder from my keeper, we'd have lost. Encouraging that even when we don't play well, we are still picking up points.

Played about 8 games with this tac - Think i've won 6, drawn 2, lost 0 of these.

What is even more encouraging, we tend to average about 2.5 goals per game, but never concede more than one a game.

On the opening post at the very top. In larger font it say New and improved version 1.4 with the link just underneath

The only question I have is when do you usually differ away from "standard" mentality?

If they are on top - do you switch to counter?

When you are winning - Do you switch to counter?

When you are losing, do you switch to attacking?

etc, etc

The only question I have is when do you usually differ away from "standard" mentality?

If they are on top - do you switch to counter?

When you are winning - Do you switch to counter?

When you are losing, do you switch to attacking?

etc, etc

If im losing, il only change to attacking, if commentary and match stats suggest im not on top.

Il only switch to counter when im winning if im 2-0 + and the other team are attacking me more!

just be careful as ive switched too early loads of times. The more you change it or dont change it youl learn when the right time is :)

20+ shots on goal, with only average of only 5 on target, any suggestions on how to improve this?

Last edited:
Opposition Instructions i select the Assisstant to choose. But if im getting yellow cards early on in the game, i tend to quickly take off all the hard tackling in OI. Ive noticed the other team are left rattled and end up getting alot of yellows.

i was letting the AM choose my team talks but then i realised he would often 'i have nothing to say, just go out there and play' or something like that. Which, when youre winning would confuse players and drop morale slightly.

Before i game i often just say, do it for the fans, then passionately 'have faith' in all the players.

if im winning and playing well, calmly say 'well done , keep it up'

if im winning and not playing well, cautiously 'we're playing well but we could do alot better'

something like that haha i cant remember top of my head

if i win i alwYs calmly say well done. If a player scores over 9 for rating i single out after team talk and passionately say 'very well done'

this will keep morale high and build relationships with your players.

ive seen somebody mention about players getting 'over confident' but i havnt really seen this hAppen yet

when you say you take the hard tackling off the opposition instructions do you then change to medium or light tackling?

when you say you take the hard tackling off the opposition instructions do you then change to medium or light tackling?

I literally just take off the hard tackling on OI and thats it.

If you look at my player instructions, all my players are set to 'ease off tackles'

So when you take hard tackling off OI, the only reason youl still give fouls away or the odd card, will be because my players are instructed to close down more!

Closing down more, wins you the ball back so quickly, so for the sake of a few fouls i think its worth it :)

20+ shots on goal, with only average of only 5 on target, any suggestions on how to improve this?

LOL yeah that sounds alot like me too to be honest. Although i have more on target and score more and win games.

Im guessing maybe take off the 'Shoot more often' on player instructions with whoever has it set.

Just imagine its real life, youre watching a game and they are doing something they shouldnt.
I,e, shooting from all angles, or perhaps a certain player is missing more, what would you do?

Try watch a few WHOLE games on the pitch and you might get more of an idea on what you need to change.

I always knew this tactic wasnt going to be the finished article. Just it brought me success with huge domination in 95% of games.

Having the right players will always help in a certain tactic i guess

Inside Forward

Hey Guys. Can you recommend some players that would fit in the role of the inside forward??

I'm Wolves. Currently playing my 5th season and 3rd in the Premier League. I finished at the 5th place in my last season

Hello Harris!
I am using your tactic, and i am getting great results!
Will it be possible to change one of the CMs to Advanced playmaker, and still get the results?
I am in the 2024/25 season and i have the best Advanced playmaker on the CM in the game, and it would be a waiste not to use him the right way!

2 wonder strikers

sebastian-driussi
a great player you can get for 1.7m but juventus snaped him up before i can.
36M pounds at 23, real quality player

mateo-kovacic
also great player but slighty expensive(ouch)

also Mario Pugliese, great CM, sign him for 725k, 28M at 24.

Last edited:
I had a blip using these tactics soon after my previous post and doing, seemingly, nothing different. I have moved the IF central, made him a DLF and hey presto, I'm winning again now. This tweak seems to have helped with home games against weaker opposition especially.

Also, just beat Arsenal away and dominated Barca away for a 1-1 with the Shut Up Shop tactic.

One other comment on how to tweak this a bit is to switch to "Stand Off Opponents" when facing technically good opposition.

Either way, despite all of the above, these set of tactics have helped me understand the game more and to improve an extra 10% on previous seasons.

I'm having an issue with conceding too many goals. I'm using the new 1.4 tactic, but keep getting caught out with the aimless ball over the top.

I'm using counter as the mentality as it seems to be working better than standard.

Any ideas on how to try and rectify this issue?

View attachment 429694

My 5th Season. And last years was *****. Finished 5th and the board said another loss and im gone! so I decided to try your tacs out when the nw season began. I used your latest tac. And followed your pre season friendly advice here are my results so far. Was doing well until Wigan match...all three goals conceeded were from corners.

This is the team im going to play for my next game. Line up was different for the Wigan game, used my fringe players

View attachment 429693

Just played the Man Utd match...and won 4-2 so back to business :D