Harry Redknapp Named Barclays Manager of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 5K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has been names Barclays Manager of the Year. I know this will cause some debate.

what the ****? bollocks to that i say

Emmmm...... Why???oO)

Because he got us into the Champions League, and revived us from Bottom of the Prem when he took over from Juande last season when we had 2 points from 8 games. No we are 2 pointts off third and hoping Arsenal lose and we beat Burnley.

So yess...he should get it

Unless possibly Hodgson got it for Europa League final

Deserved, in my opinion.

Although, Alex McLeish should have been in with a shout.

Last edited:
I think McLeish should of got it. Redknapp has done well to get 4th but he has one of the best squads in England where as at the start of the season I would of given Birmingham no chance of survival, and no they're on the brink of their best ever finish.

I can sort of see why he's got it though, still bullshit though.

Because he got us into the Champions League, and revived us from Bottom of the Prem when he took over from Juande last season when we had 2 points from 8 games. No we are 2 pointts off third and hoping Arsenal lose and we beat Burnley.

So yess...he should get it
Spurs have got 4th because Liverpool failed pretty miserably this year. Fulham have got into the Europa League final after some mind-blowing performances while still achieving a solid league position after 60 games this season and 2 more left to go, Birmingham are set for a top half finish even though they are a newly promoted team. I know Harry has done a very good job but doesn't come close to Alex McLeish or Woy Hodgson, nowhere near close

Spurs have got 4th because Liverpool failed pretty miserably this year. Fulham have got into the Europa League final after some mind-blowing performances while still achieving a solid league position after 60 games this season and 2 more left to go, Birmingham are set for a top half finish even though they are a newly promoted team. I know Harry has done a very good job but doesn't come close to Alex McLeish or Woy Hodgson, nowhere near close
Hodgson has done well but isn't this based on the league, not Europe etc?

Harry was done well, but big eck and hodgson deserve it more

Hodgson has done well but isn't this based on the league, not Europe etc?
Probably right but considering Fulham's circumstances I think he has done very well in the league. Focusing on Europe for half of this season and still in a solid position in the league shouldn't be ignored

Deserves it.

Hodgson's Fulham haven't been amazing in the league so he didn't deserve it.

also dont remember moyes getting for getting everton int the champions league, and he had a poorer squad

I thought Rafa would get it. He's been super this season.

Bollocks :S

If this vote wasn't somehow biased I'd be severely shocked :S

I honestly thought Brian Laws would.

All the yearly awards are debatable. Spurs feel its a deserved where brum's feel McLeish should have got. Tough choice tbh. Better idea was to share it. No one gave Brum a chance and also almost everyone were laughing at prospect of Spurs finishing 4th as they were know as bottlers. Both deserved imo.And Big Sam did fantastic job to keep Blackburn up who have group of thugs who cant string 2 passes.

Although Redknapp did good, I really do hate him. Hodgson was my MOTY.

Hardly.

With our points total, we would have finished 4th in the following seasons over the last 10 years:

2008/2009 - 4th (73 points w/ win at Burnley)
2006/2007 - 3rd (70 or 73 points would achieve this)
2005/2006 - 4th (as above)
2004/2005 - 4th (as above)
2003/2004 - 4th (as above)
2002/2004 - 3rd (as above)
2001/2002 - 4th (as above)
2000/2001 - 2nd (73 points w/ win at Burnley)
1999/2000 - 2nd (73 points w/ win at Burnley)

I get the feeling Spurs aren't getting the credit they deserve purely because Harry Redknapp is managing them. There seems to be a lot of animosity about him.

Either way though, the team and the manager deserve credit for finishing 4th, regardless of Liverpool's season. Even if they had performed well, we still may have been above them at this stage with a 70(73) points total.

Back