Harry Redknapp Named Barclays Manager of the year

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 5K
Hardly.

With our points total, we would have finished 4th in the following seasons over the last 10 years:

2008/2009 - 4th (73 points w/ win at Burnley)
2006/2007 - 3rd (70 or 73 points would achieve this)
2005/2006 - 4th (as above)
2004/2005 - 4th (as above)
2003/2004 - 4th (as above)
2002/2004 - 3rd (as above)
2001/2002 - 4th (as above)
2000/2001 - 2nd (73 points w/ win at Burnley)
1999/2000 - 2nd (73 points w/ win at Burnley)

I get the feeling Spurs aren't getting the credit they deserve purely because Harry Redknapp is managing them. There seems to be a lot of animosity about him.

Either way though, the team and the manager deserve credit for finishing 4th, regardless of Liverpool's season. Even if they had performed well, we still may have been above them at this stage with a 70(73) points total.
on the contrary, read any paper hes being beilled as the next messiah. its a very good achievement, but its been done before by moyes, who had a poorer squad. spurs have a good balanced squad, one capable on competing in europe

Hodgson, I know it's about the League and not Europe but to keep your squad in mid-table all season is some achievement especially when they're playing so many games from July to May.

on the contrary, read any paper hes being beilled as the next messiah. its a very good achievement, but its been done before by moyes, who had a poorer squad. spurs have a good balanced squad, one capable on competing in europe

I mean on this forum. There seems to be a lot of hatred for the man. Some of it is justified, most of it isn't.

Either way, my point still stands, regardless of whether we have a strong squad. We've fully deserved 4th place this season, and I don't think "Liverpool had a **** season" is the sole reason for this.

I mean on this forum. There seems to be a lot of hatred for the man. Some of it is justified, most of it isn't.

Either way, my point still stands, regardless of whether we have a strong squad. We've fully deserved 4th place this season, and I don't think "Liverpool had a **** season" is the sole reason for this.
fair enough. personally i feel spurs deserved it. but i just dont feel its such a huge achievement it warrants manager of the year

****** if Ancelotti ends up doing the double and gets no recognition.
Should do the voting at the end of the season and that includes individual player awards aswell.

'Arry deserves it at this point in my opinion. Roy has done a good job but it isn't based on Europe?

And what if City got 4th, would Mancini of got it?

And what if City got 4th, would Mancini of got it?

Well seeing as City were favourites to get 4th I don't think he would. Hardly anyone would of thought Spurs would be the ones to do it which makes it such a good achievement.

Also the fact that Mancini has only been here for 1/2 a season, he picked up the pieces from Hughes and the club were already sitting around 4/5/6th.

i just feel he's won it because he's english and everyone (in the media) is jumping on the bandwagon a little

i do though belive if chelsea win the league carlo deserves some praise.

Alex McLeish deserved it. As Max said, the Yids have a very good and strong side, so getting fourth place wasn't too much of an achievement. McLeish's Brum have exceeded expectations far greater than that of Spurs'.

i cant believe people want hodgeson as manager of the year, hes mid table!

Barclays manager of the year, as far as I'm aware, is/should be for the league performance. Without a doubt, the club that has exceeded expectations beyond all is Spurs. Yes I'm biased, of course, but who would have been surprised if Man City got 4th? Anyone? Didn't think so.

Liverpool had a poor season, boo-hoo, so what? But we got 4th because of the hard-work of all the squad & staff, not because of them, lets not forget the City factor, we beat them straight, and, hold on, let me think, didn't we beat Chelsea and Arsenal in the run-in?

Does Harry deserve it? Yes. Do other managers deserve it as well, yes, of course. But there is only one winner.

Go on 'Arry!

YIDO! YIDO!

Barclays manager of the year, as far as I'm aware, is/should be for the league performance. Without a doubt, the club that has exceeded expectations beyond all is Spurs. Yes I'm biased, of course, but who would have been surprised if Man City got 4th? Anyone? Didn't think so.

Liverpool had a poor season, boo-hoo, so what? But we got 4th because of the hard-work of all the squad & staff, not because of them, lets not forget the City factor, we beat them straight, and, hold on, let me think, didn't we beat Chelsea and Arsenal in the run-in?

Does Harry deserve it? Yes. Do other managers deserve it as well, yes, of course. But there is only one winner.

Go on 'Arry!

YIDO! YIDO!

Birmingham, much?

well i am going to shock some people

but i would of gone for Ancelotti

If Chelsea win there next 2 games. theyve done the domestic double for the 1st time ever. All that in his first season.

Well yeah but it's not as if he doesn't have the squad to win the league...

Hodgson and McLeish have done wonderful jobs for the teams they manage

Back