Pottsey

Reaction score
I wondering has anyone signed him ?

I am currently in my 2nd Season with Man Utd and have been trying to sign Messi from the start, but i can never sign him as he wants to much in wages £275,000 a week and 15m signing on. He is interested in coming and i ve shown my interest in him via the media over the year and he says how excited he is with the interest. Barca have accepted my £110m bid but even after i adjust my wage budget the max i can offer is £225,000 a week and £11.25 m signing on, i ve also give him the max £49.5k appearance fee and goal and assist bonus and a yearly wage increase of 25% but no joy!
Not sure theres anythin else i can do??

Any Ideas??

sign someone else who wont require you to spend stupid amounts of money. plenty of quality wonderkids out there who will become as good as messi, and perhaps better than him

Last edited:
Very True but i want someone who is at the top of their game already and someone that i ve not had on my team before . Oh and how good would Messi be at Manchester United and with Rooney!! : )

I have to agree with Jake on this one, although Messi is a world class player if you find and train the right kids they have the potential to be as good as him....£110m buys you a lot of talent

Very True but i want someone who is at the top of their game already and someone that i ve not had on my team before . Oh and how good would Messi be at Manchester United and with Rooney!! : )

Messi is far to good for Man United he should a will stay with barca for the rest of his career

how about dont sign him?

Lionel Messi is simply brilliant to watch on tv. FM's all about wonderkids or strange players youve never heard of who become hits, Its alot more fun that way. If you cant sign him just start a game with Barca haha.

If youre spending big money get someone like Sergio Aguero, he'd come and hes outstanding.

Ok thanks for the advice about not buying him, but i ve had many games when i have brought through wonderkids but i just thought i would have 1 game when i try and buy him! Its something different, something i ve not done.

Messi PA is usually one of the highest around low 190's, and there not many if any other people that reach that high!

all players with -10 PA have the potential to reach 180-200 depending on how often they are given first team football, tutoring, training facilities etc

I am aware of that, but i wanted a player that was rated that much already, . ANd now this thread has been goin off track a bit , but all i wanted to know is that have i missed out anything out that i could do to possibly get him??

Ive even just tried signing other Argentinian players and coaches that he likes.

ive never managed to sign messi. ive got ronaldo back at united on one of my saves though. 106million transfer and 180k per week. i only did this because i had a billionairre takeover.

try ribery, hes at the top of his game and wont cost anywhere near as much

well he wants 275,000, so you needs to be able offer at least 250,000. so youve have to sell 2 high earners to free up wage budget, not to mention the fact theat the 49,000 appearence free will leave you hurting finanically. and if he gets crocked your screwed

lets do some calculations, assuming that messi accepts your offer of 225k per week:

messi's yearly salary would cost you 10.8m, his signing on fee would cost 11.25m, as well as his transfer cost, which is 110m. excluding his appearance and goals bonuses, it would already cost you over 130m. his yearly wage rise is 25%, which would mean in 1 or 2 years, his weekly pay would be over 300k.

tbh, i'rather spend that money on other players who may not be as good as messi but then at least i will be able to strengthen most positions. football is not a solo game, its a team game. definitely not worth the cash, mate. do spend it wisely. messi would definitely increase your monthly expenditure like mad which is really ridiculous and not worth it :)

Last edited:
lets do some calculations, assuming that messi accepts your offer of 225k per week:

messi's yearly salary would cost you 10.8m, his signing on fee would cost 11.25m, as well as his transfer cost, which is 110m. excluding his appearance and goals bonuses, it would already cost you over 130m. his yearly wage rise is 25%, which would mean in 1 or 2 years, his weekly pay would be over 300k.

tbh, i'rather spend that money on other players who may not be as good as messi but then at least i will be able to strengthen most positions. football is not a solo game, its a team game. definitely not worth the cash, mate. do spend it wisely. messi would definitely increase your monthly expenditure like mad which is really ridiculous and not worth it :)
exactly, put in to context with other good player signings, you would play 130 million to sign messi, ive signed hamsik, dzeko, modric, rodwell and renan for half that (plus nani, macheda and eikrem), and i still have money to spare, and im sure other people could tell you similar things.

if you want him that you may need to sell berbatov, and even then if the united boards may still only go to 225,000, which means you cant sign him any

most people seem not to be not answering the question and giving advice not asked for, i have signed messi and for united for around the same fee you have but alot further in the game and he was class but it'd be nigh on impossible to get him from barca that early the only teams with the funds he wont go to Real are a rival and City dont have the reputation i'd wait a couple season build united up and if you still really want him try then but your on to a loser if you try now

i signed him with united i had to adjust it all the way to wage budget and then raise the money n he was worth ever penny scored 80 in two and a half seasons averageing about 1.56 a game or sumefing lyk tht lost all data though ha to get new laptop jus suddenly crashed and look at soomeone called dentinho quality i got him in me second season at swansea got thm into the prem bought for 9 .75 worth it

Messi is far to good for Man United he should a will stay with barca for the rest of his career

Beyond Rangers' standards as well.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

exactly, put in to context with other good player signings, you would play 130 million to sign messi, ive signed hamsik, dzeko, modric, rodwell and renan for half that (plus nani, macheda and eikrem), and i still have money to spare, and im sure other people could tell you similar things.

if you want him that you may need to sell berbatov, and even then if the united boards may still only go to 225,000, which means you cant sign him any

Exactly.Just build around the team.And as CMH said,it's not worth it.Buy players that you can strengthen in different positions.It's a team game.

The guy wants to do summit he aint done before, i understand yes its a failry bad idea money wise, but its messi, MESSI the messiah, if i could sign him for man utd i wouldnt think twice about it, its not that you can buy someone as good, its the fact you can buy the origianl, MESSIIIIIIIII. but yer, even if u free up some big wage like ive tried i cant seem to get the board to agreee to letting me spend that much on wages =/ srry

Buy Alexis Sanchez intead.