Has Anyone signed Messi????

• Thread starter Thread starter Pottsey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11K
I signed him for £120 Million for Manchester City in my 4th season, I already had Torres, Fabregas, Akinfeev, Pique, Ashley Cole. He completed the lot ;) He had stupid amount of wages and add ons though.

I have both City and Madrid saves. Why would I want to sign Messi? Realistically, he's not going to move in real life anytime soon no matter how much money you throw at him. My transfer budget at City is around £112 million in season 1 and Madrid has around the same.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but when I load up a club and manage them, I want to make realistic purchases and make profit. Not go waste £600 million on Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo, Casillas, Maicon, Rooney, etc just for the **** of it which is entirely unrealistic.

Thanks again guys, but the point of the thread was not whether you thought he was worth it or that there was better players out there or about bringing youngsters through, just the fact i wanted Messi to play for United and wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas how i caould get him............i guess i ll just have to keep trying and eventually i may get him!

I think we figured that seeing as you've repeated yourself about 3 times already. And no I haven't signed him. And to answer the question, offer rooney and someone else to barcelona... certainly would bring the value of the offer down dramatically.

In one of my restarts a while back, I succumbed to the dark urges and used the editor to force transfer him to my team. Big mistake, because even after offering him max of every clause available in his contract, he becomes unhappy rather quickly, and he didn't even perform as good as players with less than half his value. Restarted with a clean & fair game. Tried to approach him using every PR trick in the book. Didn't work. So had to forget about him. But the good news is that I've beaten his Barcelona team many times afterwards with lesser known players who cost me much less than his market value.

if you pwn Barcelona a couple of times in the field of battle (like my Arsenal side winning the UCL), then he starts to get off his high horse a bit. He's tempted by a move to Arsenal in my game. Swings and roundabouts, eh? :D

Messi

I have signed Messi.

When i was Sunderland, sadly i cant prove it as i deleted the game to make a new one. I had won the league 4 times on the row, europa league twice, fa cup 3 times, league cup 4 times and i signed him in a swop deal. Messi for 25 million and Yohan Mollo in 2017/18 season. He is still awesome untill he becomes 34 then his physicals just become depressing. Great tutor for young players though.

Back