Has the Transfer System Been Fixed Yet?

degsy1

Reaction score
Anyone know if the transfer system has been fixed in FM13? It was still rubbish in FM12.

FM13 isn't out yet and SI haven't released any info about it yet.

I know its not out, but people on here seem to have insights into whats is going on with the games before they are released.
Really hope they get it sorted because its really annoying.

What's annoying about it?

What's annoying about it?
I'm curious what his gripe is as well.

My only gripes with it are that the Argentinian agents are the greediest mofos in the game. EPL regens also cost like 3 times as much as any of the other leagues, although the latter is pretty true. Just look at Liverpool's brilliant transfers.

Not sure what was broken with it? There are some annoyances, mainly the reputation system, the way agents behave and unrealistic shifts in pricing, but nothing game-breaking.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

loaning players is the only issue i have with it. I can never get any clubs interested my reserve players, a lot of whom could easily play with top teams. also never getting feeder clubs really ***** me. but thats got nothing to do with transfers.

My gripe with the transfers would probably be negotiations. Buying players isn't bad, the club usually negotiates well and you can get them down in price. However I have pretty much never managed to get a transfer when I offer a player in exchange which is something I'd like to see improved. My real gripe is when I'm selling and trying to negotiate. Most of the time the AI either won't budge at all on their offer or more commonly if you ask for slightly more money (i.e negotiating) they just pull out. I'd like to see that improved

The same transfers happen every game..I can't remember a game (depends on which update) Where Liverpool didn't sign Dempsey and Man City didn't sign Ganso or Danny. The reputation system for clubs I think is a problem aswell, players will flat out say they aren't interested in joining your club but with some players they should be like, well I might be swayed by money. I think if you have the money and can offer a better deal then other clubs you should be able to sign a player the club wouldn't be expected to get. Whilst it was better in FM12 then 11 I would like to see clubs make offers for your players more and bid alot of money. Rarely clubs will pay more then a little above the value for a player but with you the club expects you to pay way more then the players value to get them and this gets worse as the game progresses. Finally again whilst it is better in FM12 I still get into situations where I cannot sell a player to other clubs no matter how low price I offer to them

i agree 100% with lord townicus. The same transfers every time, same trasfer list, same free agents. The biggest joke is that you can't offer contract to every player you want... Come don't destroy the game like this...

I have never really had a problem with transfers on fm. If the club demand too much money then I will look elsewhere for someone just as good at a cheaper price, just like irl with managers i guess :) Saying that though I don't go out to buy the best players on the game, I always like to buy those with potential at cheap/reasonable prices that I can make into world beaters :D The most I have paid for a player on fm 2012 is £19.5m for a quality looking regen (only 21 at the time) to replace an outgoing aging Yann M'Vila.

Sometimes the game is not realistic, for example the trade of Cassano and Pazzini could never be done in FM and there is no chance in **** Udinese could sale to any team 50% of Isla and Asamoah for 18 mil like they did to Juve.

The main issue of all FM and CM is the loan system outside England. while in this country a lot of teams ask for your player for a loan, outside England its a desert, when IRL in Portugal, for example, all the small clubs do is ask bigger clubs for player to loan.

Also, B teams in Spain can buy players regardless the main coach team opinion, and i never saw Tito buying players without Guardiola approval....

The wages should also be checked: Just because you have a big bank account, does not mean regens can ask for 50.000 € per month! No way any club will pay that for an unknown player IRL.

In general the system works, does not break the game and you can live with it, and all the details that we talk and wrote, if applied to the game would make it monstrous!

On the buying players side the transfer system is okay, though I do have a lot of players with unreasonable salary demands, but selling players is flawed. We're top of the Premierships and have been for a few years, you'd think somebody would want to buy some of my players. Instead whenever I offer players to clubs it's the lower league clubs that respond that they cost too much. It's frustrating to see players I no longer need leave for free at the end of the season.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

There are definitely a few problems with the transfer system.

Player exchanges suck, I accept that they aren't common in England but I've never seen one happen at all in FM.
AI clubs never negotiate on a price when trying to buy a player, yet they do when selling. (Not a huge problem, you can just use offer to clubs)
Random instances where clubs are demanding more than the players asking price.
Generic transfers that happen every game.
AI managers are retarded and buy players based on rep regardless of performance and whether they even need said player!
Serie A has huge transfer flaws, player exchanges are common as are co-ownerships, both nearly impossible to get done.

All the above are just little things that annoy me but the biggest problem is when trying to sign a player.. If I try to sign a player who is on £50,000 per week he will not accept less than £49,500 and that's at a huge push!.. Yet he will sign for an AI club on £35k per week. Same for free transfers, a player asking for £50k per week won't accept less than £45k but he will join a club for £20k p/w, how is that possible? ): -

Come on of course it has to be fixed, especially deadline days. Nothing ever happens. Fix it. Make a live clockwatch or something.... make different transfers happen.

There are definitely a few problems with the transfer system.

Player exchanges suck, I accept that they aren't common in England but I've never seen one happen at all in FM.
AI clubs never negotiate on a price when trying to buy a player, yet they do when selling. (Not a huge problem, you can just use offer to clubs)
Random instances where clubs are demanding more than the players asking price.
Generic transfers that happen every game.
AI managers are retarded and buy players based on rep regardless of performance and whether they even need said player!
Serie A has huge transfer flaws, player exchanges are common as are co-ownerships, both nearly impossible to get done.

All the above are just little things that annoy me but the biggest problem is when trying to sign a player.. If I try to sign a player who is on £50,000 per week he will not accept less than £49,500 and that's at a huge push!.. Yet he will sign for an AI club on £35k per week. Same for free transfers, a player asking for £50k per week won't accept less than £45k but he will join a club for £20k p/w, how is that possible? ): -

I honestly admit I've never had any problems like that-or I've just not noticed them yet. Saying that i edit the clubs when transfers happen IRL so that's probably why.

The only problem i have is i can only ever sell players for their value but i have to buy players for 2 or 3 times their. Also as the games goes the transfer prices get higher and higher

I had nothing wrong with my transfers on my games. On mine Dempsey turned down Liverpool and went to AC Milan but I guess that depends on what transfer update you download.