Has the Transfer System Been Fixed Yet?

In the lower leagues it's not a huge issue, unless you start to climb up the ranks fairly quickly.

Regens start demanding 40-50k a week at 17-18, isn't a real issue at a top club but for smaller clubs it's a real killer.

Top players always have an agent with a fee of 15-20, so you might pay 40+ mil you might be able to pay him 150k a week but you're unable to shell out the 8mil the agent is demanding.

Selling players is near impossible unless they're playing for you constantly which makes reserves a pain to shift unless you basically give them away. Player exchange almost always fails, think i've gotten two deals to work ever whilst playing FM.

Loan system is annoying at times, it either works or it doesn't. If I have a 20 year old CM who's just short of breaking into my first team but still better than 90% of the players in the league why can't I loan him out without asking for a fee or wage demands?

Overall it doesn't bother me much if at all, negotiations are a pain but managable. Selling players is the only thing that does annoy me along with trying to loan out someone.

my only real gripe with transfers is when u swap a player he will literally never sign for the opposite club even if hes like really intrested in going there

I do think it needs to be tweaked. Like I've never had the option to send a player who doesn't get his work permit to a feeder club or just on loan to another club. I know others had, but I always just get a message saying he failed to get one.

Medicals are a bit of a joke, since injured players IRL sign for teams. That needs to be changed.

I think the buy a player but loan back to the club they came from (Like De Bruyne for Chelsea) could be implemented a little better. I know its possible with changing signing date. But not made that clear.

Offering players like others have said as part of a transfer needs to be done better. I've never seen one either.

A deadline day transfer thing would be awesome.

Negotiating could be done better, with contracts and fees.

On FM11 Man City signed Vidal, even if I offered more, every time. So AI buying same players, and players they don't need. When I'm not Arsenal the transfers they make are baffling.

I have some more, but cannot remember at the moment. It's not broken, but it does need a lot of fine tuning. Making things easier and add more options. Since most transfers these days aren't just a simple fee.

I don't get all the people saying there's nothing wrong with it.
FM12 expects you to pay the same price for an average player as Chelsea did for Torres.

I think realistic prices should be bought in.

Examples.
Kagawa to United- 16m or something?
Cazorla to Arsenal- 16.5m
Podolski to Arsenal- 10.5m
Giroud to Arsenal- 12m
Marko Marin to Chelsea- 7m
Jelavich to Everton- 5m
Dembele to Tottenham- 15m
Vertonghen to Tottenham- 10m
Eden Hazard to Chelsea- 35m
Torres to Chelsea- 50m
Aguero to Man City- 40m
Adebayor to Man City- 25m
Ibrahamovich to PSG- 40m
Thiago Silva to PSG- 44m
Lucas Moura to PSG- 35m

What this shows, is that the average price for a high quality star is 5-20m, whilst the Average price of a World Class Player is 20-35m.
It also shows that oil rich clubs can afford oil rich transfers.

What I think SI should incorporate is a transfer system where they actually demand more from the clubs that can afford it. And are more willing to negotiate with a club like Everton or Fulham.

For example, Yann M'Vila.
Everton get in touch and they get a response of 12.5m.
Man City get in touch and they get a response of 24m.
BUT if both clubs bid then only Man City's gets accepted. To make it more realistic.

Okay another thing that totally arks me is free transfers, so example 35 year old Totti, available for nothing, no one wants him, so you decide alright I'll give him a year.
Totti doesn't want to join Sunderland on loan. And ends up retiring.
Sort it out, of course he'd want to for the remainder of his career + it being his only option.

Buying isn't a problem for me but selling reserve and older players is a pain in the *** and loaning out youngster is almost impossible too (luckily they have out in affiliate clubs), I have understood that to loan out a player he has to be proven by playing for you a few games.

Selling players is a pain as people have said but not in the way people have said. You have to go through every player and set there asking price to get offers around that value. It's a pain. If you don't set the asking value, clubs will offer the market value which totally undersells a players importance. Maybe have this automate taking into account the players rating over the course of the season and what not.

Regen prices can be silly. A team had an 18 year old who was pretty amazing. They wanted £65million for him. Sure, I understand that he will probably end up as a godlike player, but £65million is stupid.

First Option feature or something like this on individual players. I know there's an option like this for feeder teams, but its generally pretty pointless since the feeder team will be way below the users team and any player they get would probably not get into the users reserve team. So an option to have first choice on a player while he's at his current club would be a nice addition.

cant remember if this has been mention but FFP should be in cooperated into fm13

I don't think the pricing system is that much of a probllem, only some players like papadapoulas (spelling) from schalke you have to pay close to 40 million he would go for half that in real life maybe less, so i think there is only a few cases its not that bad. As for clubs buying same players and same transfer list etc I think that is good shows consistancy on SI's part if man city wanna sign an AMC and the best one available is ganso/danny why would they sign someone else, also same with transfer list they would still deem same players obsolete, its realistic.
to me what needs addressing is wages and contract negotiations. I think wages in the game and agents fees etc are realistic but the one thing that really ****** me off when you are a bigger club and offload players and they accept a lower contract they come to you and demand a payoff, now I may be wrong here but when I am a smaller club signing a player from the bigger club he never goes to his club and demands the payoff and difference in wages etc like i say i may be wrong but I have never seen this personally.
another thing that needs addressing I feel is players running down there contracts to force a transfer no one on my game ever signs moura coz he is gunna cost 50 million and just keeps signing contracts so he always stays in brazil and that is just an example happens with lots of players
well anyway thats my two pennies ;)

I completely agree with the transfer deadline day idea similar to in Fifa so it counts down each hour and lots of clubs franticly move in to buy players. Also selling players is awful, like on my Macc Town save i got from league 2 to the premier league and I had players of league one level left over that I had in the reserves and you over them to clubs for £0 and still nobody bids for them and I end up keeping them for about 3 years

The transfer system is really frustrating. Never in the world would a team like Brighton sign Vicente in Football Manager, you should be able to get to talk to the player even if you are Stoke and get an offer for Messi accepted but in FM12 you just get the red box. Even if you had all the money in the world a transfer like Zlatan to PSG (doubt they have much reputation in the game) would happen in the game.

I also hate when I'm trying to sell players, I offer player ON TRANSFER to clubs, yet they come with some stupid loan offers and no team comes with a transfer offer so I end up selling the player or just letting him rot in the reserves.

What I find one of the most frustrating things as well is that some players stay in the same club for the rest of their career, instead of climbing up the ladder. An example could be Neymar; Because he is so freaking expensive and his value raises every year, no club are interested in signing him. The club manages to keep him for the rest of his career. I think it's stupid.

What annoys me is that i had Suso on loan with me for a year, paying no wages..... Next season he is put up for loan asking for 100% wages of like 15000 which i cant afford so I offer 60% which is immediately rejected on the basis of offered wages being too low, then the next day Sheffield Wednesday swoop in offering 20% and it's accepted. This is completely stupid and ive been robbed of my player of the season for last season. Also not being able to offer some players any contracts at all annoys me, you could offer them unbeatable wages, yet you dont get the chance because they just don't enter contract discussions.

Going on what a few others have said also. When the system makes you pay more, than what another team would have to pay. Even if you are not a rich team. I started one with Swansea, I tried to make a couple of cheap signings. They got rejected. A couple of week later another teams bid gets accepted and was lower than mine.

Same goes with contracts. On my Arsenal one I tried to sign a free agent (On custom DB) he was demanding something like 120k a week. But then he signs for a mid table team at 60k a week. How does that make any sense? Surely he would want more if he was going to sign for a weaker team?

I can understand clubs making big clubs pay more than smaller clubs. They want to get as much money as they can. Like Man City did with Shaun Wright-Phillips and Chelsea £26M! But when its a club that doesn't have much money, asking for that kind of money doesn't happen IRL. So there needs to be a good medium where clubs ask for more and where they accept a deal thats worth it.

i think the reputation vs salary should be fixed too... a player should go to any team besides the club reputation if he receive double salary he receive at his current team no matter he need to quit Spain for Russia for example.

i think the reputation vs salary should be fixed too... a player should go to any team besides the club reputation if he receive double salary he receive at his current team no matter he need to quit Spain for Russia for example.

I agree with this, Ive played with Swansea won the PL and played in CL final but no top players want to join me, even though I can offer them higher salaries, the only way to sign them is if they are transfer listed

I agree with this, Ive played with Swansea won the PL and played in CL final but no top players want to join me, even though I can offer them higher salaries, the only way to sign them is if they are transfer listed

You just need to get your rep higher and that the bug, at least for me.

The game as the rep of the club and the league in consideration for a player to sign a contract, witch is ok for me.

BUT, according to this, Man City, couldn't sign any player in the game of the value they have, since they don't have any rep, or didn't. They just messed this in the game

No ... Eto`o never ever tried to sign with Anzhi if wasnt about money... Anzi was a no-name team even in Russia.. this is a bug and should be fixed... if you have enough money you should sign whatever player you want.. ofcourse are some brand players who will never join you like : Messi ,C.Ronaldo, Xavi , Iniesta ... but the others will go for money definitely (i mean in real life) ...

No ... Eto`o never ever tried to sign with Anzhi if wasnt about money... Anzi was a no-name team even in Russia.. this is a bug and should be fixed... if you have enough money you should sign whatever player you want.. ofcourse are some brand players who will never join you like : Messi ,C.Ronaldo, Xavi , Iniesta ... but the others will go for money definitely (i mean in real life) ...
I think that is close to how it should be but It needs to be part money, part rep.

on mine sneijder wanted 120k a week a week later he signs for psv on 6k a week

it needs to be more realistic as players who arent needed would take pay cuts to play for a lower team

Real life = Hulk to Zenit for 50.000.000€
Football manager= Hulk to Zenit? my client isn't currently interested in entering into contract negotiations with your club oO)

Every time the same and the same...