Have chelsea signed anyone yet or planning to?

is the Gary Cahill rumour dead? I'm guessing Chelsea won't get desperate enough to fork out £20 million for him.

Well it depends really, we either sign David Luiz who will cost us more than 20million and isen't proven in the PL and wouldnt be able to play in the Champions League. Or we sign Cahill who is proven in the PL and could play in the CL and is English. Another factor is whether Carlo will get Ivanovic to play as a right back, if he does then i can see us signing another centre back as Alex is out for another month or so.

I think we should just pay the 20million for Gary Cahill mate, imagine a back 4 of Cole, Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic.

Gary Cahill is not worth 20M and i've seen much better back four's than that.

is neymar still being linked with the chels?

Gary Cahill is not worth 20M and i've seen much better back four's than that.

I put a case forward for this the other day. English players are over-priced, he is also what 23?? Also he is a proven PL player and could go straight into our CL squad so i think their is an argument for the price. And it is an excellent back four, i never said it was the best did i??

is neymar still being linked with the chels?

He has been yer but i don't see anything happening until maybe the summer.

Cahill's only getting priced at £20M because he's a number of things..

1. English.
2. Still got potential.
3. Overrated.

After the 7-0 win i hope carlo does not see Chelsea are back and he does not have to change anything,
hopefully he does not see it that way

I put a case forward for this the other day. English players are over-priced, he is also what 23?? Also he is a proven PL player and could go straight into our CL squad so i think their is an argument for the price. And it is an excellent back four, i never said it was the best did i??

He has been yer but i don't see anything happening until maybe the summer.

Since when have Chelsea been so bothered to buy english players. Gary Cahill is overrated anyway and is not champions league quality.

After the 7-0 win i hope carlo does not see Chelsea are back and he does not have to change anything,
hopefully he does not see it that way

He most definatly dosen't and every fan shouldnt think it either. He said after the game on ChelseaTV we have along way to go before we can say we have turned a corner. Its definatly somthing to build on and last year we got our first 7goal haul in January (funnily enough that was without Drogba too) and went on the finish the season exceptionly.

They dont need new players. They need José Mourinho.

There is nothing wrong with Carlo Ancelotti, he is a great manager, that shows Chelsea's main fault, they need to back a manager who's not had a great spell of results in the transfer market or by moral support.. not chuck him out. Carlo should stay for a good while because he's very good and Roman should open his chequebook.

Since when have Chelsea been so bothered to buy english players. Gary Cahill is overrated anyway and is not champions league quality.

Whats the past got to do with it??? And thats your opinion not a fact. I belive Cahill is a brilliant centre back and i know majority will agree and he still has his best years infront of him.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

There is nothing wrong with Carlo Ancelotti, he is a great manager, that shows Chelsea's main fault, they need to back a manager who's not had a great spell of results in the transfer market or by moral support.. not chuck him out. Carlo should stay for a good while because he's very good and Roman should open his chequebook.

Couldnt agree more, the only people it would benefit if Chelsea sacked Carlo is our rivals.

Whats the past got to do with it??? And thats your opinion not a fact.
May be an opinion but it's quite a highly shared one from what people have said about him in the past. He's more of a technical centre back and possibly could fill the void left by Carvalho, but he makes a lot of mistakes and still isn't good enough for Champions League in my opinion. He's been average in the past few seasons, with a few nice goals scored along the way, and somehow his value has crept up to £20M.. ridiculous to be honest mate.

I agree he's not a terrible centre back, but you could probably get Dawson for about £15M who's alot better.

Im a Bolton fan and even I know Gary Cahill isnt worth 20million. If any team wants him they'll get him for 15 easily, and id snap there hands off!

PS Zat Knight is better.

I still think Chelsea desperately need to blend youth with old, they need to either buy/****** some hot talents and develop them.. it's a risk, but otherwise this old team isnt getting any younger and they can't rely on players like Lampard, Terry and Drogba forever...

May be an opinion but it's quite a highly shared one from what people have said about him in the past. He's more of a technical centre back and possibly could fill the void left by Carvalho, but he makes a lot of mistakes and still isn't good enough for Champions League in my opinion. He's been average in the past few seasons, with a few nice goals scored along the way, and somehow his value has crept up to £20M.. ridiculous to be honest mate.

I agree he's not a terrible centre back, but you could probably get Dawson for about £15M who's alot better.

Cahill's value shot up after his England cap it seems :/

Dont be silly, Dawson would never leave us, and I dont think we'd accept anything less than 20m +

I still think Chelsea desperately need to blend youth with old, they need to either buy/****** some hot talents and develop them.. it's a risk, but otherwise this old team isnt getting any younger and they can't rely on players like Lampard, Terry and Drogba forever...
Were talking RL not FM.

Yer i know he makes mistakes but every player makes mistakes. And there is only one way he is going to get used to playing in the CL. Plus Cahill is 2 years younger than Dawson, Dawson also has a pretty rough injury record and no way would Spurs sell to Chelsea, not even 30 million.

Im a Bolton fan and even I know Gary Cahill isnt worth 20million. If any team wants him they'll get him for 15 easily, and id snap there hands off!

PS Zat Knight is better.

English talent isen't cheep.