Have/Do you live in the city of the team you support?

Have you ever lived in the city of the team you support?

• Aye

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Naw

Votes: 35 31.8%

• Total voters
3. Pistolped7, If it was a one off thing i would bite my tongue but it's every ******* time. The sacrifices of Millions of brave men and woman are being spat on by that section of twats every year. Watch the videos... Certainly looks like a large proprtion to me. Why are they not picked up on CCTV and banned from going to matches for life? Celtic are a club hijacked by religion and politics. Two things that have no place in football.

It's not 'every ******* time', it's very rarely. If it was 'every ******* time', then why were all our fans very respectful, fully observing the minute's silence at Ibrox for the Ibrox Disaster anniversary? I don't need to watch videos on YouTube to know what my team's fans are like. Our fans won the FIFA and UEFA fair play awards in 2003, as Chaz pointed out. La Mundo Deportivo, a highly respected Spanish newspaper, stated our fans were 'the best on the continent'.

A large proportion? 2 or 3 thousand out of 60,000 is a minority, pal.

We are not a club 'hijacked' by religion and politics, we simply are proud of our religious roots. Our club was founded as a charity club, founded in a church to give money to needy people in the east end of Glasgow.

So, unless you know exactly what you're talking about, I suggest you take your own advice and bite your tongue. ;)

1. Support your home town team and stick by em no matter who they are or how **** they might be. I could easily have followed United but i wanted to follow my home town team so i chose City. People who decide to support a team hundreds of miles away are just a bit off imo.

End of the day mate you summed your whole arguement up in 3 simple lettes at the end of this post which are... IMO

Exactly that is your opinion. Other people have different Opinions. People can support arsenal because of theyre tremendous football playing ability and passing. which was superb at one point and I could understand why so many people support them for that without living in london.

I support my local team Rangers & then Clydebank who are a smaller team. Im not a proper fan now because I support 2 other teams ? I have followed manchester united since i've been a boy and this reason being was my uncle is a supporter of man utd because someone close to him supported united. There are many reasons to why someone supports a team nothing to do with glory. Yes Man Utd are one of the greatest teams in the world. Thats why the fanbase they have is so huge. But players such as Cantona, Best etc and including managers such as Sir Matt busby who showed tremendous courage as did the club after the munich disaster. So maybe some people support united because of what happened in the past and what they have become now ? its your opinion but you can't judge anyone else on who you support. You have your own views and you are entitled to them same as everyone else on here.

the one thing you don't have is the right to tell other people what to do. Basically what your saying is everyone should do exactly what you want them to do and beleive what you want that is pretty much what your saying to sum all this up. FACT.

As for the arguement to do with politics and religion with celtic, Pistol was correct it is a minority and yes when it happens I get annoyed but anyway... That has nothing to do with this topic so if you want to have an arguement about that do it in PM's because no one else wants to hear you speak about it as its not what the thread is about ;)

Sorry guys rant over XD

End of the day mate you summed your whole arguement up in 3 simple lettes at the end of this post which are... IMO

Exactly that is your opinion. Other people have different Opinions. People can support arsenal because of theyre tremendous football playing ability and passing. which was superb at one point and I could understand why so many people support them for that without living in london.

I support my local team Rangers & then Clydebank who are a smaller team. Im not a proper fan now because I support 2 other teams ? I have followed manchester united since i've been a boy and this reason being was my uncle is a supporter of man utd because someone close to him supported united. There are many reasons to why someone supports a team nothing to do with glory. Yes Man Utd are one of the greatest teams in the world. Thats why the fanbase they have is so huge. But players such as Cantona, Best etc and including managers such as Sir Matt busby who showed tremendous courage as did the club after the munich disaster. So maybe some people support united because of what happened in the past and what they have become now ? its your opinion but you can't judge anyone else on who you support. You have your own views and you are entitled to them same as everyone else on here.

the one thing you don't have is the right to tell other people what to do. Basically what your saying is everyone should do exactly what you want them to do and beleive what you want that is pretty much what your saying to sum all this up. FACT.

As for the arguement to do with politics and religion with celtic, Pistol was correct it is a minority and yes when it happens I get annoyed but anyway... That has nothing to do with this topic so if you want to have an arguement about that do it in PM's because no one else wants to hear you speak about it as its not what the thread is about ;)

Sorry guys rant over XD

I simply could not agree more.

Grew up in New Jersey most of my life and lived in NYC 3 years. NY Red Bull / Metrostars play in New Jersey. They've been my team for a long time.

FC Seoul : I've lived in Seoul, South Korea for 2 years now. Soon after moving here some friends and I decided to go to a local match. I kept going back, they thought it was ****. I'll be leaving Korea soon, but will still follow FC Seoul as best I can.

Chelsea - never lived in London, never been to England, but when I do go, I will be seeing them play either home or away.

Born and raised in the blue side of Glasgow :wub: I'm in China now, but I'm going back soon. Season ticket here we gooooooooooooo.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

3. Pistolped7, If it was a one off thing i would bite my tongue but it's every ******* time. The sacrifices of Millions of brave men and woman are being spat on by that section of twats every year. Watch the videos... Certainly looks like a large proprtion to me. Why are they not picked up on CCTV and banned from going to matches for life? Celtic are a club hijacked by religion and politics. Two things that have no place in football.

Honestly, I'd be delighted if Celtic lost every title to Rangers for the next 100 years. However, you can't take away the fact that they are a fantastic club, with fantastic fans. The people spitting are Celtic fans, but that's got nothing to do with who they support, there are just some real ***** in Scotland. Celtic being the biggest club in Scotland (along with Rangers of course ;)) will have more fans than other clubs, and therefore more ***** will be amongst those fans. It's the same for Rangers. So you can choose to disregard whoever you feel isn't a 'real fan' act as self righteous as you like, but don't generalise a minority with a great club. It's only credit to your ignorance. I may adopt another team to support, just to **** you off.

Last edited:
I live in Burton, which is just round the corner from Derby. But grew up going to the Derby games due to my dad being a season ticket holder, I don't think I ever made the Baseball ground era, but was there for the first game at Pride Park I believe, when the Queen herself lapped the pitch :)

Manchester born and Bread. I grew up on Hulme Hall Lane which is the lane Eastlands is on. I now live 15 mins walk from there.

I guess it's because United aren't a true Manchester club and there fans are all from **** knows where but it's always ****** me off when some **** from Hereford or Dublin or Bumblefucksville go and support Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, United etc because their local team is *****.

If you are from Oxford then support your local team ffs. Have a bit of pride rather than being a ******* glory hunter. If i was born in Bury i wouldn't dream of supporting any one else because my own team is gash.

And what the **** is all this "I support 10 different teams" bollocks that most of you guys do? You can't support more than 1 team it's just not on. Proper football fans know this surely.

You´re the **** here, mate.. that´s because Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, are clubs with history, and are the biggest clubs of the country so people from over the world would support them because they are well knowed in the hole word because they are clubs with history as like i said and they had won many local and international titles that are well knowed and viewed from over the world, we can´t include Machester City because you´re not a big club, you´re just one with money because some crazy arab had buy you.. and just are starting to had some fans outside Manchester because of the money, not for another reason.

Last edited:
I grew up in Kent, moved to Brighton when i was 21. I support Everton because of family ties to Liverpool, and there was never a team nearby when i was growing up. I don't think you have to live near the team you support, if you truly support the team through thick and thin, and you have some shred of a reason to support them that's all that matters.

You´re the **** here, mate.. that´s because Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United, are clubs with history, and are the biggest clubs of the country so people from over the world would support them because they are well knowed in the hole word because they are clubs with history as like i said and they had won many local and international titles that are well knowed and viewed from over the world, we can´t include Machester City because you´re not a big club, you´re just one with money because some crazy arab had buy you.. and just are starting to had some fans outside Manchester because of the money, not for another reason.

another valid point.

people support united/arsenal all over the world probably because theyre the most known, and are probably the teams that get played on tv over there. im sure most foreign people who support united will support their local team (if there is a league/team local to them)

on the subject of city, we're getting bigger so we're gonna start getting more fans globally. i personally support city because of the people who got me interested in football, and i also support huddersfield town because i live there in term time at uni and i cant afford or get the time to go and see man city very often, but i still watch every single game they play online, and at the same time i go to see huddersfield matches every now and then because theyre local, easy to get to and the tickets are cheap - extremely affordable to a student who lives off money i earn when i work when i come home for christmas/summer.

No ...........
I live in India..... Used to support a local team "Mahindra United" though(until they disbanded)

Are you crazy in the coco nut? Surely you're no serious?

Do you think it's been "Easy" being a City fan for the past 30 years? We have put up with hardship like not many other clubs could understand. I started Supporting City properly when we were hitting the worse two decades in the clubs history. We went up and down the leagues so many times it was hard to keep track all culminating in Being relegated to the third tier of English football in 1998 just before my 18th birthday.

And what makes it worse is we have the worlds most famous club just outside of Manchester claimimg to be a Manchester club looking down it's ugly bent nose at us. As the true Manchester peoles club sank further into despair the pretenders from Trafford were winning the treble and their horrlible glory hunter fans from London, Ireland and Denmark were more than happy to give us stick.

If you think the last 2 years of madness overshadow 30 years of pain, suffering, Extecy and unconditional love then you don't know much about Man City and it's legendary support... Easy is one thing it's never been.

No mate you're not. You should be Havant and proud and **** the rest.

Your argument is floored, I have supported Portsmouth all my life, however recently moving so close to the Havant ground has led me to support them too. You're an idiot.

to be fair us lot in warrington dont exactly have the best local team - 8th division lol. would be hard to follow them properly.

we have a nice amount of teams nearby though... from what ive seen most people from west warrington (bewsey, sankey etc) are mostly liverpool fans and east warrington (padgate, woolston, and orford/longford to a stretch) are mostly united fans - im personally from woolston and im extremely close to old trafford and eastlands - most of my mates that like football are city fans though so ive just grown liking football with city fans. my family are mostly united fans (with the exception of my dad whos a leeds fan) but they dont really follow football, mainly rugby - so that didnt influence me at all really.

saying that ive only been following football for 2 years or so, i used to hate the sport and only really got into it when i went to college and hung out with a few city fans and united fans, who got me following football.
True, I didn't even realise we had a local team till i saw a picture of them in town a couple of years ago. No one in Warrington supports them, i've never actually met a Warrington town fan in my life.