Have/Do you live in the city of the team you support?

Have you ever lived in the city of the team you support?

• Aye

Votes: 75 68.2%
  • Naw

Votes: 35 31.8%

• Total voters
Ayep supported rangers all my life. A bus journey and the famous subway trip gets me to ibrox in half an hour. Was born in Glasgow. Love the gers :wub:

I admire what you say, but it's gotta be easier to say that when your local team is Man City :p

Are you crazy in the coco nut? Surely you're no serious?

Do you think it's been "Easy" being a City fan for the past 30 years? We have put up with hardship like not many other clubs could understand. I started Supporting City properly when we were hitting the worse two decades in the clubs history. We went up and down the leagues so many times it was hard to keep track all culminating in Being relegated to the third tier of English football in 1998 just before my 18th birthday.

And what makes it worse is we have the worlds most famous club just outside of Manchester claimimg to be a Manchester club looking down it's ugly bent nose at us. As the true Manchester peoles club sank further into despair the pretenders from Trafford were winning the treble and their horrlible glory hunter fans from London, Ireland and Denmark were more than happy to give us stick.

If you think the last 2 years of madness overshadow 30 years of pain, suffering, Extecy and unconditional love then you don't know much about Man City and it's legendary support... Easy is one thing it's never been.

So me supporting my local Havant side in the conference south and Portsmouth in the Championship doesn't make me a "proper football fan"?

No mate you're not. You should be Havant and proud and **** the rest.

Last edited:
So me supporting my local Havant side in the conference south and Portsmouth in the Championship doesn't make me a "proper football fan"?

I think he's talking more like, living in somewhere like Plymouth and supporting Chelsea, even if you have no connection to them.

Do you think it's been "Easy" being a City fan for the past 30 years? We have put up with hardship like not many other clubs could understand. I started Supporting City properly when we were hitting the worse two decades in the clubs history. We went up and down the leagues so many times it was hard to keep track all culminating in Being relegated to the third tier of English football in 1998 just before my 18th birthday.

And what makes it worse is we have the worlds most famous club just outside of Manchester claimimg to be a Manchester club looking down it's ugly bent nose at us. As the true Manchester peoles club sank further into despair the pretenders from Trafford were winning the treble and their horrlible glory hunter fans from London, Ireland and Denmark were more than happy to give us stick.

If you think the last 2 years of madness overshadow 30 years of pain, suffering, Extecy and unconditional love then you don't know much about Man City and it's legendary support... Easy is one thing it's never been.

Woah, calm the **** down! It was a light-hearted comment! **** me, some people on his forum are far too easily wound-up.

And btw, I don't see what gives you the right to say other people aren't real fans.

I admire non-polygamist fans like you and yes City hasn't been an easy club to support Mansour's a new lad before him there was a City history. And it's true some polygamist fans are a bit annoying but hey I don't consider meself polygamist I just merely love watching English football and tend to follow lower tier ones

Woah, calm the **** down! It was a light-hearted comment! **** me, some people on his forum are far too easily wound-up.

And btw, I don't see what gives you the right to say other people aren't real fans.

Well i don't know Mr: Celtic,Valencia, Dortmund, Lyon, Derby, Ajax, Norwich... Why the **** wouldn't i consider you a proper fan oO)

Well i don't know Mr: Celtic,Valencia, Dortmund, Lyon, Derby, Ajax, Norwich... Why the **** wouldn't i consider you a proper fan oO)

Learn to read, you fud.
I'm a Celtic fan who follows (in other words, looks out for their scores, has a soft spot for, etc) those teams, and for good reasons. I am a proper fan. A season ticket holder at Celtic for 15 years. I've been through some pretty bad periods with Celtic too, so don't come along kidding on you're fantastic because you've supported Man City all your life. Don't come along talking down to other people because they support two clubs. And learn to have a ******* banter.

funnily enough i now live in leeds and support bradford, but i was born there an watch them reguarly so its all coool :)

No mate you're not. You should be Havant and proud and **** the rest.
So what about me then? Celtic AND Partick Thistle are relatively close to me. Would I have to choose either one or the other to be seen as, in your words "A proper football fan"?

So what about me then? Celtic AND Partick Thistle are relatively close to me. Would I have to choose either one or the other to be seen as, in your words "A proper football fan"?

Exactly this.

Learn to read, you fud.
I'm a Celtic fan who follows (in other words, looks out for their scores, has a soft spot for, etc) those teams, and for good reasons. I am a proper fan. A season ticket holder at Celtic for 15 years. I've been through some pretty bad periods with Celtic too, so don't come along kidding on you're fantastic because you've supported Man City all your life. Don't come along talking down to other people because they support two clubs. And learn to have a ******* banter.

Look mate i dislike Celtic as it is because of the disgusting chants a large proportion of fans do against the British armed Forces every rememberance day. Not all of you but the ones who do are ******* Scum.

YouTube - Celtic fans abuse British Armed Forces at Emirates Tournament(July 2010)

YouTube - Racist Celtic fans chant IRA

******* dirty Animals.

Look mate i dislike Celtic as it is because of the disgusting chants a large proportion of fans do against the British armed Forces every rememberance day. Not all of you but the ones who do are ******* Scum.

YouTube - Celtic fans abuse British Armed Forces at Emirates Tournament(July 2010)

******* dirty Animals.
Honestly, that is a minority, not a majority. The videos you quoted are examples of how low some fans will sink. Then again, some Rangers fans are the same. Don't let the minority of fans make you dislike Celtic. 40,000 in Parkhead screaming against the Armed Forces isn't anything to the millions globally that pay respects. :)

******* dirty Animals.

And yet Celtic fans were 2003 awarded the FIFA and UEFA Fair Play Awards for, and I quote, "for their extraordinarily loyal and sporting behaviour."

Why does it matter if 'you' think someone else is a proper fan? Who are you, to say what the conditions are to being a 'proper' fan? Surely graphical ramifications shouldn't completely rule what team someone supports. I understand, as a Plymouth fan living in Plymouth, the connection you feel with your club when you live in the town they are based, but if I didn't live in Plymouth, I would still support them, mainly due to living there prior to moving to where ever I would be living at the time. The same can be said for Newcastle, due to reasons uncontrollable to me, I am unable to live/be in Newcastle every other weekend, this doesn't make me think 'oh ****, I can't be a real fan', because, I know if it was viable for me to attend the game, I would make the effort to do so, similar to being in Plymouth, I have a season ticket as I can actually get to the games.

The realisation is, if you had to move away from Manchester, say to work, if you even do work, would you suddenly completely stop supporting City and start supporting the new place you live completely faithfully and never attend any other games apart from theirs? No, thought not. Get off your high horse and let people do what they want, what ever you do or say, is not going to change the fact that people that don't live in a particular place are allowed to support who ever they want, it's a free choice and I for one have no problem with anyone that has no connection to Plymouth or Newcastle supporting either of them.

******* dirty Animals.

A large proportion? **** off, just who do you think you are? You think you can tar us all with the same brush because of a few narrow minded people? I dislike Man City as it is because of twats like you, loud-mouths who force their opinions on you, and if they disagree, attack them. You are obviously very angry about something, just because your team didn't manage to beat Leicester today doesn't mean you can try to bully people on here. I'd quite like it if you just stopped being a ****, because I don't want to agrue, but when you come out with ridiculous things like that...

I agree massively with what Dunc has said.

Who are you to judge who a proper fan is? Am I not a proper fan because I live in Manchester for the majority of the football season which prevents me from going to see my team play?

Let people support who they want to support, if people want to support United/Chelsea because of their success then that's fine.

I agree massively with what Dunc has said.

Who are you to judge who a proper fan is? Am I not a proper fan because I live in Manchester for the majority of the football season which prevents me from going to see my team play?

Let people support who they want to support, if people want to support United/Chelsea because of their success then that's fine.

I wold like this, but don't have any left.

1. Support your home town team and stick by em no matter who they are or how **** they might be. I could easily have followed United but i wanted to follow my home town team so i chose City. People who decide to support a team hundreds of miles away are just a bit off imo.

2. Dunc, When did i ever say i would change allegiance if i moved to another part of the country. My whole point is you should support your local team weather you are from Barcelona on Basingstoke.

3. Pistolped7, If it was a one off thing i would bite my tongue but it's every ******* time. The sacrifices of Millions of brave men and woman are being spat on by that section of twats every year. Watch the videos... Certainly looks like a large proprtion to me. Why are they not picked up on CCTV and banned from going to matches for life? Celtic are a club hijacked by religion and politics. Two things that have no place in football.

2. Dunc, When did i ever say i would change allegiance if i moved to another part of the country. My whole point is you should support your local team weather you are from Barcelona on Basingstoke.

Ok, well, you said, your only allowed to support one team, and that has to be your local team? So if you were made to move to another part of the country, for what ever reason it may be, and it's out of your hands and you have to move, what do you do then? only support the place you move to? or only support Man City still, thus making your point about you supporting your local team void, as you can only support one team?