HBQ's "Messi Barca Tactic" (originally for FM11), working great on FM13

filefactory doesn't work for me so could anyone upload it someplace else??

I've made a couple of tweaks which seems to have improved my defence. Conceeded only 1 in 4 games with this.

Defensive Line: Dropped to the last notch of normal (before it changes to Push Up)
Keeper: Sweeper Keeper Defend
Match Prep: Defend Set pieces
Corner Set Pieces (Defend):
vsf3ub.png

I noticed that I was getting absolutely destroyed when defending corners and set pieces in general. This seems to be working.

Last edited:
i use this tactic to my Racing in la liga...win over Barcelona 5-2 and draw with Real Madrid 2-2 but defend still a problem...still tweak for defend...

Just finished my 3rd season in the prem. I have an average side now and i've managed to buy players that fit the tactic (with the defensive tweaks).

Prem Table: (about 20 of the conceeded goals came in 4 games where I got ripped to shreds by man u, man c and newcastle)
2utkm5d.png

Best result of the season:
a0kj92.png

Thoughts on defensive tweaks:
Whilst I still conceede about 1 goal a match i have found the tweaks so far greatly reduced the amount of chance the opposition have against you and as a happy bonus because they are pushing up higher with your deeper defence it was creating more space up front for my front trio to cause all sorts of havoc. If my strikers were more clinical i would not be surpised to see me score 3-4 every game.
Match prep to defensive set pieces also drastically reduced the number of goals i was conceeding to corners in particular.

Tactic with defensive tweak:
Barca_ def_tweak.tac

i use this tactic to my Racing in la liga...win over Barcelona 5-2 and draw with Real Madrid 2-2 but defend still a problem...still tweak for defend...

What i have done with my man utd, I have moved my wb in line with my cb. Leaving the settings as is. 3 games in i closed the back down, against tottenham, west brom and fenerbahce. So it is worth a try.

Just finished my 3rd season in the prem. I have an average side now and i've managed to buy players that fit the tactic (with the defensive tweaks).

Prem Table: (about 20 of the conceeded goals came in 4 games where I got ripped to shreds by man u, man c and newcastle)
2utkm5d.png

Best result of the season:
a0kj92.png

Thoughts on defensive tweaks:
Whilst I still conceede about 1 goal a match i have found the tweaks so far greatly reduced the amount of chance the opposition have against you and as a happy bonus because they are pushing up higher with your deeper defence it was creating more space up front for my front trio to cause all sorts of havoc. If my strikers were more clinical i would not be surpised to see me score 3-4 every game.
Match prep to defensive set pieces also drastically reduced the number of goals i was conceeding to corners in particular.

Tactic with defensive tweak:
Barca_ def_tweak.tac

OI? Match preparation? Shouts? Thanks...first match City-Chelsea 4-1 with you tactic...Fantastic :)

OI? Match preparation? Shouts? Thanks...first match City-Chelsea 4-1 with you tactic...Fantastic :)

I hope with City you are playing aguero in the STC role?

OI's: Leave to assisstant
Match Prep: Def set pieces
Shouts: None

In my debut CL season now (4th in Prem) and results early season are just fantastic.

Fixtures so far:
e9f1x0.png

The wins speak for themselves, however I feel really aggrieved at my loss to barca:
14cffab.png

Last edited:
After a 3-1 defeat to Barca at Camp Nou in a match I dominated....

Revenge truly is a dish best served cold:
34s2rdx.png

my first few games with this have been very good, beating liverpool 2-0 and man u 5-1. im chelsea first season

I dont get it. You said "Midfield destroyer", but the CMs in the tactic are DLP and AP. Which type of player should I put in those positions?

my first few games with this have been very good, beating liverpool 2-0 and man u 5-1. im chelsea first season

How do you fit Chelsea in here? Torres on the left, Mata center, Hazard right?

I dont get it. You said "Midfield destroyer", but the CMs in the tactic are DLP and AP. Which type of player should I put in those positions?

I also recommend a poacher in the STCL position yet it says Deep Lying Forward.

If you look at player instructions a lot of it has been customised via slide bars. By all means try a DLP and AP in those positions. Ive just found it gives better defensive cover using midfield destroyers here instead.

Just won CL, FA Cup and Prem in 4th PL season with Bournemouth using this tactic :D

My City team are loving this, Aguero in messi role is firing them in, same for my Treze (Brazil 3rd) and Rangers as well.. some lovely football. mixed with Dortmund BVB Control and a little twist on Raikens 4231 as well its ace..

De Rossi, Vidal and Toure in midfield are having a field day.. :)

This tactic has been working wonders for me on a Newcastle save. I highly recommend Stevan Jovetic for use in the Messi role!

Interesting tactic. Would you say the defensive tweaked version is overall better than the original in the op? I don't mind conceding so long as I'm scoring bucket loads!

i will try this, as having problems with my team i got world class team just not playing well

Interesting tactic. Would you say the defensive tweaked version is overall better than the original in the op? I don't mind conceding so long as I'm scoring bucket loads!

Personally yes i prefer the defensive version but this may be because my players were more suited to this. the original may perform better with the right players.

I have just started a new game unemployed, took a job at bleid-molenbeek in the Belgium third division, had 3 games against teams in the Belgium pro league and had 2 draws and 1 2-1 loss using this tactic.

My team have taken to it really well and are demolishing everybody else in the league currently.

I have just started a new game unemployed, took a job at bleid-molenbeek in the Belgium third division, had 3 games against teams in the Belgium pro league and had 2 draws and 1 2-1 loss using this tactic.

My team have taken to it really well and are demolishing everybody else in the league currently.

What version?