Smashed it!

Season one in the championship with Derby County. I would say we had a pretty decent season...... Won the league by a mile, won the FA Cup and Runners up in the Carabo Cup. Just to note, the FA Cup Final I was down to the bones in midfield. Had to play Johnson who had not featured all season, and a left winger who was 70% fit and recovering from injury, yet we still beat Man City 3-2 and also played the final 10 minutes with ten men. No throw in or corner goals in the FA Cup final either.

View attachment 21087
View attachment 21086
View attachment 21085

Only change I made was to corners. This is using the 4-4-2 v1

Conceeding

Anybody else conceeding shed loads of goals using the 442 formation. finished 6th with Cardiff season 1, conceeded 90 goals, luckily i scored 101 buy 90 is shocking. Is it just because my defenders are ****?

Anybody else conceeding shed loads of goals using the 442 formation. finished 6th with Cardiff season 1, conceeded 90 goals, luckily i scored 101 buy 90 is shocking. Is it just because my defenders are ****?

I had a lot of games were I went 2-0 up, then was 3-2 down, then ended something like 6-4. I also lost the league cup final 7-1 to Liverpool. Will report how I do in the premier league with an average squad.

Struggling

I'm totally struggling with 2nd season syndrome, 13th in the League in January (Yes I know that's good with Cardiff, but I was top 8 all last season.) not Scoring as many goals and still conceding far too many. Any suggestions troops?

I had a lot of games were I went 2-0 up, then was 3-2 down, then ended something like 6-4. I also lost the league cup final 7-1 to Liverpool. Will report how I do in the premier league with an average squad.

I'm totally struggling with 2nd season syndrome, 13th in the League in January (Yes I know that's good with Cardiff, but I was top 8 all last season.) not Scoring as many goals and still conceding far too many. Any suggestions troops?

Test my tweaked version to see if you manage more clean sheets

Yeah this happens a lot.

I think part of is because the two CMs aren't very disciplined. A lot of times you'll see them pressing like mad men. Other reason being that if you expose yourself in this way, you need a strong defence which a lot of team simply don't have.

Made slight modifications to v1. Added a DLP next to the MEZ and added a few player instructions.

Screenshot-5412877f8305d27e07c.png

Screenshot-5425f12db66de90eb8c.png

Screenshot-543f1a9dc44def121c7.png

Screenshot-54415a3bc023033d48c.png

Only lost once - lost to Tottenham 5-2 away from home.

Only conceded 11 goals in Ligue 1.

Will update when season's over.

Made slight modifications to v1. Added a DLP next to the MEZ and added a few player instructions.

Screenshot-5412877f8305d27e07c.png

Screenshot-5425f12db66de90eb8c.png

Screenshot-543f1a9dc44def121c7.png

Screenshot-54415a3bc023033d48c.png

Only lost once - lost to Tottenham 5-2 away from home.

Only conceded 11 goals in Ligue 1.

Will update when season's over.

I've done that plus changing the mezzala to to roaming playmaker. Less goals from deep, a lot more from wingers and strikers

No my CB's aren't the fastest. Tried your tweak for half a season and the results weren't great. Just need to get a better CB pairing i think

With a high defensive line and slow CBs... you know, right?

Forget about tackling, heading.

Concentrate on mental and physical

I've done that plus changing the mezzala to to roaming playmaker. Less goals from deep, a lot more from wingers and strikers
Nice.

This was my best result with my tweak. Will upload when I test with another team.

Screenshot-549a87f0cfa8f7a1241.png

Screenshot-55365b93e15bd7d7bd0.png

Won the treble (includes the CL final). Only two losses the whole season.

Nice.

This was my best result with my tweak. Will upload when I test with another team.

cant wait

Nice.

Feel free to upload it now. I'm struggling so much lol

Feel free to upload it now. I'm struggling so much lol
Mate it's impossible to not concede many goals with Cardiff with this tactic. Look at the previous pages for my MK Dons save. I'm conceding a lot, but I'm outscoring most teams - even beating Liverpool, United, Arsenal, etc.

I've linked the tactic. I definitely prefer this to v1 as I'm getting more goals from my wide players.

Hoping someone manages to tweak this into something that is a defensive rock!