Henrik Larsson

He did at the end but only because he literally achieved everything he could. Loyalty is really hard to come by these days [apart from the Rangers team who've barely changed in 3 years I think?]

Yeah but it was at the end of his career just to prove he can do it at the big stage. He still remained loyal though when he scored against you's he didn't celebrate. I though he was gonna start crying lol. Rangers team has barely changed however some of the players aren't very loyal either just no one wants them XD

Eh ? Some amount of ***** being spluttered out here.

Yes Larsson was a fantastic player, with a tremendous work ethic, who played in a league which was far below his standard. However, he was nowehere near the best player ever to play, and he was arguably not the best to play in Scotland, when you consider Gazza, Laudrup, Johnstone, Dalglish, Baxter.

Great player an'all, but best ever ? Don't make me weep :S

I never said SPL ;)

what i was saying was the Larsson is NOT the best player to have played in SCOTLAND never mind the world.
sorry for the confusion who have you seen play in SCOTLAND who has been better than Larsson?

Based on what? His world cup performances?

And he was a goal scorer, he did neither greatly at Barcelona nor Man U.

Yes

He wasnt just a goal scorer plus 13 in 40 (mostly from the bench) isnt bad at barca

I/ most people on this forum havnt really seen Dalgish play. Watching vidios and hearing someone is a good player isnt enough imo

People are quoting Larsson as one of the greatest players ever though, So is opinion is fair and valid. As people haven't seen many players play they can't say "Best player ever" "Best player in my time" would be more appropriate for some people to say in their own opinions :)

larrson the best ever behave he aint even the best in the modern era. yeah decent striker in his day but world class i don't think so. better then messi do you people watch the same game?? so your telling me he is better than messi, cristiano ronaldo, fat ronaldo in his pomp in the late 90's (and before anyone says anything the guy won world cups and broke the record for most combined goals across world cups) raul? totti? del piero? even players like henry he wasn't better then seriously you people have green and hooped specs on

larrson the best ever behave he aint even the best in the modern era. yeah decent striker in his day but world class i don't think so. better then messi do you people watch the same game?? so your telling me he is better than messi, cristiano ronaldo, fat ronaldo in his pomp in the late 90's (and before anyone says anything the guy won world cups and broke the record for most combined goals across world cups) raul? totti? del piero? even players like henry he wasn't better then seriously you people have green and hooped specs on

Larsson is up there with the likes of Henry and Del P tbh, Not sure about better because he never played numerous seasons in the 'better leagues' because he stayed with Celtic for so long. But he is definately up there with the Henrys the Shearers etc his goal ratio alone proves that and he not only scored he worked aswell. People to say hes better than messi though are wrong yes because Messi is just out of this world But also a different type of player. Larsson is a true great and Legend of the game though without doubt.

sorry for the confusion who have you seen play in SCOTLAND who has been better than Larsson?

Wayne Biggins, Stuart Slater XD (joke)

But seriously without being biased I still think both Davie Cooper & Brian Laudrup were better players than Larsson(that i have seen play)
But in the past there was Jinky & Baxter amongst others who were better players than Larsson, so for all the green brigade to say he was best ever ....C'mon sober up!!

People are quoting Larsson as one of the greatest players ever though, So is opinion is fair and valid. As people haven't seen many players play they can't say "Best player ever" "Best player in my time" would be more appropriate for some people to say in their own opinions :)
i said he is the best player i have seen

Larsson was a very good player. Best ever is just ridiculous

OP asked for opinions of whether we thought Larsson could compete now. Of course we think he can, and most people (Celtic supporters mostly) think he's the best footballer to have lived. That's our subjective opinion.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

You seriously on drugs mate ? Gary Hoopers goal ratio has been great for Celtic and he's the player thats been winning you games with his goals.. The reason he hasn't scored many is because he's been out injured. You obviously don't know much if your saying he struggles for goals.. Regardless of 3 goals against Aberdeen - He still scored them 3 goals. If Celtic win the league by 3 points can I use the excuse "Youbeat Aberdeen 9-0 when they were terrible ?, so your league win isn't important." Seriously shut up!

Good to know you can't even spell one of your former managers names. It's "Strachan" not Strachen... Strachan was a great manager for Celtic just had the one bad season ;)

I think Gary Hooper (SuperHooper) is fantastic personally, him and Stokes are really working out well together. And Strachan didn't have a bad season really - losing the league on the last day and get trashed in the CL was what happened. Though, the CL stuff was what nightmares were made of.

OP asked for opinions of whether we thought Larsson could compete now. Of course we think he can, and most people (Celtic supporters mostly) think he's the best footballer to have lived. That's our subjective opinion.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I think Gary Hooper (SuperHooper) is fantastic personally, him and Stokes are really working out well together. And Strachan didn't have a bad season really - losing the league on the last day and get trashed in the CL was what happened. Though, the CL stuff was what nightmares were made of.

I think hooper is superb aswell, infact when he got injured (I know this sounds bad) but I was glad because I thought it took all hopes of Celtic getting anything against us which big sammy proved me wrong lol :( but Hooper has been great for you so far without a shadow of a doubt.

Always been up there as one of my favourite players ever. I was ecstatic when he came to United on loan and I only follow/followed Celtic really because of him. Absolute top professional also.

Henrik Larsson is not the greatest player to have ever lived. Yes, he is a footballing legend and was a great player but he is not up there with the best ever.