Henrik Larsson

In which case, yeah, I think I'll leave you to it rather than start pointing out players like Di Stefano and so on. ;)

Larsson's got a special spot in every Celtic supporter's heart - he's possibly out best player of all time and then went on to play with Barca and Man Utd, and winning a CL final for Barca pretty much single-handedly. I lived with a Spanish Barca supporter last year, and he was also of the opinion that Larsson was Ghod, and the other Spanish Barca supporters adored him too.

Larsson's got a special spot in every Celtic supporter's heart - he's possibly out best player of all time and then went on to play with Barca and Man Utd, and winning a CL final for Barca pretty much single-handedly. I lived with a Spanish Barca supporter last year, and he was also of the opinion that Larsson was Ghod, and the other Spanish Barca supporters adored him too.

Fine, fair enough. I'll admit he was a pretty **** special player, and one that I loved watching.

However, calling him the best player of all time is ridiculous.

Larsson was a great player, but the best in the world XD, he wasn't even the best that has played in Scotland.

He is the best player I have ever seen play and a model professional.

To say he is not a one of the best ever because he spent most of his career in average leagues is stupid. Pele never tested himself in europe but can still be considered one of the best in the world. Larsson tested himself in the best club compitition in the world and almost single handedly won it. Larson tested himself in the two best leagues in the world he helped his team win both.

Brilliant player brilliant man, never forgot his roots, excelled wherever he played, loved by fans and players of every team he represented and admired by most rival players and fans.

Larsson was a great player, but the best in the world XD, he wasn't even the best that has played in Scotland.

who have you seen do better in the SPL?

He is the best player I have ever seen play and a model professional.

To say he is not a one of the best ever because he spent most of his career in average leagues is stupid. Pele never tested himself in europe but can still be considered one of the best in the world. Larsson tested himself in the best club compitition in the world and almost single handedly won it. Larson tested himself in the two best leagues in the world he helped his team win both.

Brilliant player brilliant man, never forgot his roots, excelled wherever he played, loved by fans and players of every team he represented and admired by most rival players and fans.

who have you seen do better in the SPL?

But there was no need for Pele to venture out, he was already in one of the world's best leagues. Keep in mind though the players around Larsson, yes he was superb that day, but could not have done that without the surrounding players.

But I do agree, he was a very good players, not many like him in Scottish football history.

You cant argue with celtic fans about Larsson :D for you guys he was best ever, am I right ?
One **** of a footballer. I hate him on PES tho :D

But there was no need for Pele to venture out, he was already in one of the world's best leagues. Keep in mind though the players around Larsson, yes he was superb that day, but could not have done that without the surrounding players.

But I do agree, he was a very good players, not many like him in Scottish football history.
there was a need for pele to venture out, imo he would have struggled with European football.

But the point i was trying to make was when Larsson decided to test himself at the top level he succeeded. Yes on both occasions he played with good footballers but no better than what the likes of ronaldo and messi are playing with atm. So i find it annoying when people say he was only playing in the spl so wasnt that good.

nope didnt mention them but i mentioned the other 3, also Lee Miller didn't play for celtic LOL fan...

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

And where did i say lee miller played for celtic ?

Your just rambling on now, go away

After a few years of getting skys money i have no doubt celtic would be top 10 easily, your team on the other hand, have tried and failed for many years !

You didn't say someone else say, just read you will find, it may have been you but m lazy to read up.

My Team? the team that got to the UEFA cup final in 2006 and were top half team sorry top 6 team for a few years? I hope you werent talking about Middlesbrough when you said that.

And to everyone that said he was the best ever your deluded.

there was a need for pele to venture out, imo he would have struggled with European football.

But the point i was trying to make was when Larsson decided to test himself at the top level he succeeded. Yes on both occasions he played with good footballers but no better than what the likes of ronaldo and messi are playing with atm. So i find it annoying when people say he was only playing in the spl so wasnt that good.

Based on what? His world cup performances?

And he was a goal scorer, he did neither greatly at Barcelona nor Man U.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of Larsson. do you think he could play at the same level as some of the worlds best strikers if he was in his prime

He played at the top level and succeded ? And that was when he wasn't in his prime so pretty stupid question....

the time he scored 53 goals in a season and won golden boot ! :p
Hes a different player than messi to be fair

When was the last time messi scored a free kick or header ??

1. He may have scored that in a season but it's in a weak league, Every single Celtic fan takes away Kris Boyds achievements on goalscoring by saying " Its in SPL" So for your fact there is a little bit hypocritical. Granted Larsson is miles better than Boyd as a footballer but not as a goalscorer :) Messi is a greater player than Larsson easily, but they are 2 very different players. Im not taking away from Larsson as he is an amazing player and professional and is a Role model to many, I respect him.

Proof in Gary hooper in that case ?
scored 25 goals for scurthrope
now hes struggles to score that amount in scottish football

You seriously on drugs mate ? Gary Hoopers goal ratio has been great for Celtic and he's the player thats been winning you games with his goals.. The reason he hasn't scored many is because he's been out injured. You obviously don't know much if your saying he struggles for goals.. Regardless of 3 goals against Aberdeen - He still scored them 3 goals. If Celtic win the league by 3 points can I use the excuse "Youbeat Aberdeen 9-0 when they were terrible ?, so your league win isn't important." Seriously shut up!

we got rid of the likes of mcmanus and robson because they werent wanted any longer

strachen didnt resign he wasnt offered a new contract

and Mowbary is a ****** manager
boro would never destroy the likes of hibs or hearts or killie or (forgive me for saying) rangers

Good to know you can't even spell one of your former managers names. It's "Strachan" not Strachen... Strachan was a great manager for Celtic just had the one bad season ;)

Another spelling mistake.. "Mowbray" Isn't a ****** manager considering some of the things he done with previous clubs.. Yes he was **** at Celtic however that doesn't make him a ****** manager, You don't say the players are ****** because at the end of the day they are the one's who are playing the game..

However all of that is off topic.. larsson is one of the greatest strikers and professionals ever. He's not better than pele and maradonna etc but he is near the top of the best. 1 thing he has got that many people in football don't is sheer loyalty.

Good to know you can't even spell one of your former managers names. It's "Strachan" not Strachen... Strachan was a great manager for Celtic just had the one bad season ;)
I don't think Strachan had a bad season [apart from the Bratislava result] because he done amazing for us. He just needed time to get his team here then Mowbray came in and tried to fix what wasn't broken. :/ You can't deny that is what he did. Unfortunately. If Mowbray didn't try to "fix" the team, we might have done better in the league that season.

Same thing kind of happened when Strachan went to Middlesborough, the team was fine but he wanted to bring in his team and it didn't work. Mowbray might be able to bring the team back to life, who knows?

Also you're a rare type of Rangers fan; you speak sense :O(K)

I don't think Strachan had a bad season [apart from the Bratislava result] because he done amazing for us. He just needed time to get his team here then Mowbray came in and tried to fix what wasn't broken. :/ You can't deny that is what he did. Unfortunately. If Mowbray didn't try to "fix" the team, we might have done better in the league that season.

Same thing kind of happened when Strachan went to Middlesborough, the team was fine but he wanted to bring in his team and it didn't work. Mowbray might be able to bring the team back to life, who knows?

Also you're a rare type of Rangers fan; you speak sense :O(K)

XD I speak the truth lol Just some certain comments are so stupid. I mean the question itself is pretty foolish because He played at the top level for barca and Man Utd. Utd wanted to sign him also XD So thats obvious. Mowbray tried to play football in Scotland and football doesn't get played in football you can't play that simple great passing game Its a physical game up here and in the SPL we are understimated because we shape a lot of the greats because of how physical the game is. Alot of players couldn't hack it because of the pace and physical side not the skill :p

XD I speak the truth lol Just some certain comments are so stupid. I mean the question itself is pretty foolish because He played at the top level for barca and Man Utd. Utd wanted to sign him also XD So thats obvious. Mowbray tried to play football in Scotland and football doesn't get played in football you can't play that simple great passing game Its a physical game up here and in the SPL we are understimated because we shape a lot of the greats because of how physical the game is. Alot of players couldn't hack it because of the pace and physical side not the skill :p
Pretty much, we don't play football, we play Foot-Rugby :p

I love Henrik Larsson. Best ever to play for Celtic or in Scotland imo. McCoist, Jinky, Greig and Dalglish were all fantastic but Larsson is just in another league. And you can say all you like about 'he only played in the SPL' and all that, but that doesn't make him any less of a good player. He was incredible in Europe for Celtic, scoring against the likes of Juventus, Porto, Liverpool, Boavista, Lyon, Valencia and Barcelona at Parkhead, as well as scoring for Barca at Parkhead. He won a UCL and two La Liga's with Barca, and also helped Man Utd to a Premier League title. Legend.

no
he was very good player but never tested himself against the best consistantly

That a bit of bitterness ? How did he not test himself against the best ? He played at the top with Barcelona, Featured in a UCL winning side, Runner up in Uefa Cup. La Liga and Premiership winner medals. The only reason he never played more was because he was LOYAL to his club. A thing that doesn't happen in football. He would have played at the massive stage for years if he chose to move away from his beloved club but he never ;)

That a bit of bitterness ? How did he not test himself against the best ? He played at the top with Barcelona, Featured in a UCL winning side, Runner up in Uefa Cup. La Liga and Premiership winner medals. The only reason he never played more was because he was LOYAL to his club. A thing that doesn't happen in football. He would have played at the massive stage for years if he chose to move away from his beloved club but he never ;)
He did at the end but only because he literally achieved everything he could. Loyalty is really hard to come by these days [apart from the Rangers team who've barely changed in 3 years I think?]