TractorBoy7

Reaction score
Over the years in Central Europe, capital cities have dominated much of modern football. London has Arsenal and Chelsea both successful clubs. Madrid has Atletico and Real Madrid. Portugal has Sporting Lisbon. Italy has Roma and France has Paris Saint-Germain. But in Germany and Berlin club is yet to establish itself as a contender and a force on the European and World front. With Bayern Munich dominating German football many people might assume that Munich is the Capital of Germany. Enter Hertha Berlin SC.

View attachment 360848

A club with fantastic facilities and a reasonably strong history but yet to really become a force.
With a 74000 all-seater stadium and great training facilities, Hertha Berlin have the potential for something special.

View attachment 360847
View attachment 360846
View attachment 360845

The squad is of a reasonable strength considering they were in the 2. Bundesliga last season. With several International players and a few young players coming through you have to wonder how they haven't established themselves.

Heading the attack is Ramos. A rapid south american who in real life tore up the league. Very much a key player.

View attachment 360843

In midfield with have a solid DM in Hosogai. A Japanese international with plenty of experience, our players will be looking to him as key player

View attachment 360842

In defense with have recent USA hero John Brooks. An absolute unit with huge potential. He will be the key figure for us at the back.

View attachment 360841

Here's the rest of the squad. A really good building block with plenty of good players in there.

View attachment 360838

Here's the tactic I'll be looking to use this season. Might drop one of those CM's into a DM so that Hosogai can play in his most comfortable position.

View attachment 360836

Heading into the season I have one transfer target in Julian Schieber. A reliable player who won't have too much responsibility on his shoulders. He's on the transfer market for just above £1million.

View attachment 360835

---

Hope you all enjoy and follow!​

Last edited:
Ben Hatira is very good too, I did a Berlin save a while back, finished mid table

Interesting prospect, I went to watch a Dortmund v Hertha Berlin match a few years back so I'll keep my eye out.

View attachment 360690

PRE-SEASON 13/14

View attachment 360689

A very long and tiring pre-season! Atleast all my players will be fit. Mixed feelings about these games if I'm honest. Beating Zenit 4-0 had me over the moon but then we lost 0-1 at home to Lens... Weird. Also Schieber didn't score for the whole pre-season which is worrying since he was there the whole time after the Zenit game... (and yes that's a spoiler that I bought Schieber!)

---

TRANSFERS

View attachment 360684

Ramos could have been our key player but that money was too good to refuse! £17.75mil for a guy with 10 finishing is a good deal in my books!

In coming with have 3 players which is pretty good bargain hunting on my part (I wanted to save some money for when regens come into the game).

View attachment 360679

Schieber comes in from Dortmund for £1.1million. He'll play up top in my lone striker system, hopefully he can produce in the league more than he did the pre-season...

View attachment 360675

Next we have Alex Bruce for £875k from Hull. He's coming in as a rotation centre back. He's an ex-Ipswich player so you can't blame me for buying him. (For all those that don't know, I support Ipswich Town).

View attachment 360671

Finally we have Pepe on loan from Juventus. A top class player who's in his prime year now so he should be very productive. His work rate and team work should bode well for this season as we're going to need a lot of team work to avoid the drop

---

In other news, If you didn't already notice by my previous stories, I love regens. I love producing them, I love developing them and I love searching for them so it's no surprise that as soon as I loaded up the game I had some requests for the board...

View attachment 360668
View attachment 360665

The future is looking bright for Berlin!​

Nice start pal, that offer for Ramos was good as i'm guessing your budget wasn't massive. Been getting offers on my game for Volland for around half that amount! Looking forward to seeing how you do this season, do you just need to avoid relegation?

Nice start pal, that offer for Ramos was good as i'm guessing your budget wasn't massive. Been getting offers on my game for Volland for around half that amount! Looking forward to seeing how you do this season, do you just need to avoid relegation?

We had £0 in the budget before the sale! And yep were predicted 16th so avoiding relegation is the expectation

View attachment 360432

AUGUST 2013

View attachment 360431

Weirdly, this month every single game was won or lost by two goals... very odd. We progress into the 2nd Round of the cup to play Bayern of all people. The league went pretty bad to be honest. We really should have more than 3 points at this point. However there are teams doing worse than us for now and we beat fellow relegation threatened team Hannover.

Schieber has been pretty much non-existent at this point... Ronny and Lustenberger however are averaging about 7.10 ratings and are holding the midfield very well.

View attachment 360430

I'd be happy with where we are if we are here at the end of the season. Wins against Frankfurt, Braunschweig and HSV should prove to be vital later in the season.​

Good Luck, A Few German threads at the moment and this is one I wanted to see after my long save I did with them, Will be reading =]

Good Luck, A Few German threads at the moment and this is one I wanted to see after my long save I did with them, Will be reading =]

yeah I assume coolmcool's Wolfsburg thread inspired a few people to start German ones

Cheers for following mate

Hopefully you have a lot more luck against in the upcoming fixtures and can get a bit of a run going.

View attachment 360290

SEPTEMBER 2013

A spectacularly awful month.

View attachment 360289

No, I wasn't expecting to beat Schalke, Bayern or even Gladbach but Braunshweig should have been an easy and vital 3 points and we let ourselves down. On the bright side Schieber actually id something useful.

View attachment 360288

We desperately need to string a few wins together. Werder Bremen and Stuttgart have already got rid of their managers so maybe we'll have that advantage. We have a game against Stuttgart coming up early next month. I don't know a lot about the Bundesliga but I'm pretty sure Augsborg are overachieving.​

Good luck on gaining them points! Against Gladbach yeah you should of got them 3 points in the bag!

View attachment 360214

OCTOBER 2013

Consecutive wins!!!

View attachment 360213

Woo! We actually won some games! My team played pretty poor in both albeit but they scored goals for once. Allagui had me buzzing with those two late goals that gave us the win! Meanwhile Hosogai got injured in the Bayern game and is out for about another month.

Hard month next month against the likes of Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and Augsborg. Just when I thought things might be changing for the better haha!

View attachment 360211

Those two wins give us a great boost and we firmly place ourselves within the relegation battle.

---

Because of our very good attendances we're making healthy profits each month. As a result this happened...

View attachment 360209

Last edited:
The points will come lad, your consecutive wins are both away, That's a good start.

Tough start but it's always hard at the start of the season, players need to gel and tactics become fluid. I'm sure you can turn it around!

The points will come lad, your consecutive wins are both away, That's a good start.

Got a feeling every win will be vital this season! Luckily there's quite a few teams suffering the same as me.

Tough start but it's always hard at the start of the season, players need to gel and tactics become fluid. I'm sure you can turn it around!

Yeah, thinking that the sale of Ramos might have shaken things up a bit. Altough that sale was definitely bad for the short term, the long term financial advantages will show through. For example the £7million budget for the January transfer window!

View attachment 359764

NOVEMBER 2013

Promising, but no avail.

View attachment 359762

When we beat Leverkusen I thought we were going to get on a roll, but I was awfully wrong. Ignore the Wolfsburg result as both starting centre backs were too tired to play (small injuries). However Augsburg stole our point away from us with a goal in the 90th minute. Hoffenheim isn't really a bad result. They're a good team and we were away from home so I have no issues with it. Nice to see John Brooks get a goal.

View attachment 359761

We were looking in good stead after the Leverkusen result. However, after not picking up points for 3 games we've dropped down again. We need to start getting more wins again. Hopefully the news further down this update will help that...

---

A new signing! With that money I was on the hunt for a thirsty striker and who better than a 19 year old wanting to prove himself? Coming from Dortmund he's got a chip on his shoulder and no doubt wants to show that he should have played more.

View attachment 359760

A great finisher with huge potential who can come in as the starting striker and replace the lousy Schieber.
He was pricey though at £7.25mil. However, I have high hopes.​

Not a bad position to be in at the end of November mate, above the drop zone and only a point off 12th! Hopefully your new striker can bang some goals in!

Not a bad position to be in at the end of November mate, above the drop zone and only a point off 12th! Hopefully your new striker can bang some goals in!

Me too, he looks promising, but so did Schieber when I bought him... Probably will be selling Schieber in the window