Hibernian F.C. - Breaking the Old Firm

Dave1875

Reaction score
After having to abandone my "Glory, Glory To The Hibees" story due to my computer being wiped due to a virus, I've decided to restart it.
I'll be using LFC Marshall's winter update but with a few updates such as John McGlyn being sacked & Kevin Thomson is a Hibs player.

Let's begin.

Obviously the title of this story won't truly come into effect until Rangers are back in the SPL, but the basic aim is to establish Hibs as Scotland's dominant club, or at least one on par with the Old Firm.

HIBERNIAN F.C.

150px-Hibernian_FC_logo.svg.png

Founded: 1875

Also known as: Hibs, The Hibees & The Cabbage

The Chairman

Petrie.jpg

Rod "The Tache" Petrie

Rod has been at Hibernian for over a decade, before becoming chairman in 2004 Rod was a managing director and a chief executive. As chairman he has recieved the praise and wrath of the Hibs fans. His highest praise was the appointment of current Middlesbrough manager Tony Mowbray in 2004, Mowbray guided Hibs to two consecutive top four finished and is still held in high esteem by the Hibs fans to this day. However since Mowbray, Petrie has been criticised for his appointment in managers, since Mowbray left for West Brom in 2006, Hibs have gone through no less than 4 managers. John Collins, Mixu Paatelainen & John Hughes each left by mutual consent within 18 months of appointment. He was highly criticised for his appointment of Colin Calderwood, who has been regarded as one of Hibs worst ever managers.

Stadium

Easter Road Stadium

DP134937

Capacity: 20,421
Built: 1893
Record Attendance: 65,860

Legends: Gordon Smith, Bobby Johnstone, Willie Ormund, Lawrie Reilly, Eddie Turnbull, Franck Sauzee & Keith Wright

Major Honours:
League Title: 1903, 1948, 1951 & 1952
Scottish Cup: 1887 & 1902
Scottish League Cup: 1972, 1991 & 2007

Current Captain: James McPake

0,,10290~11224583,00.png

I now treat you to probably one of the most amazing scenes in recent Scottish Football

[video=youtube;sPXCNwBu_t8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8[/video]

PRE-SEASON

hibs%20jul%209h.jpg

Mixed results in Pre-Season, lost to stronger clubs & won against weaker clubs, the usual shi-bang. Disapponted that we got beat by Rangers and Rochdale though.

Aside from results I asked the board for a parent club and they accepted. Got the choice between Liverpool and Spurs (AGAIN!) Decided on Liverpool since they'd hopefully (and they did) send me Peter Gulasci on loan. I also managed to secure another Liverpool player on loan.

TRANSFERS

IN

Given Hibernian's finances I decided to only make offers for Players I wanted, put in bids for Marc MacAusland & Scott Boyd. Sadly Mr Rod "Steal a Coin Off a Dead Man's Eye" Petrie put the maximum wage offers at £290p/w, so had to walk away from both transfers.

As mentioned before I got Peter Gulasci on loan from Liverpool with them being my Parent Club, sadly Peter got injured soon after joining and misses the start of the season.

View attachment 318538

Also got Samed Yesil on loan from Liverpool, wasn't because they're my parent club but there's no wages and no fee

View attachment 318539

Finally I got Jose Semedo on loan from Sheffield Wednesday, a strong versitile player who can play in midfield and defence.

View attachment 318537

OUT

Trying to get rid of Kujabi again. Apart from that just three loans out with Bradley Donaldson, Paul Grant and Robert
Wilson heading to Stockport, Brechin and Dunfermline respectivly.

View attachment 318540

Only big managerial news is that Alan Curbishley is the new manager of Hearts

View attachment 318542

YOUTH

Given that Hibs have been one of the stand-out developers of youth players in Scotland, Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher and Steven Whittaker being fine examples,
I've decided to promote Ross Caldwell, Danny Handling, Sam Stanton and Andrew Black to the first team

View attachment 318541

Been looking forward to this! Good luck Dave.

I think that Rory Fallon's goal in last years semi final was a more amazing scene however haha

Been looking forward to this! Good luck Dave.

I think that Rory Fallon's goal in last years semi final was a more amazing scene however haha

Don't kid yourself pal :p It would've been a truly amazing scene if he'd scored that when it was 1-1 instead of Griffiths scoring the winner.

AUGUST

18699464.JPG

Off to a good start, disappointed at the draw versus Hearts as I felt we dominated the game.
Sad news that Andrew Black's season is over after he was diagnosed with knee tendinitis.

Dundee United 1 - 2 Hibernian
Griffiths (2)

Very pleased with a win for my first competitive game in charge. Raced into a two goal lead mid-way through
the first half thanks to two goals from Sparky. Little worried after Daly put it to 2-1 but we held out.

Hibernian 1 - 1 Hearts
Craig

Thankful to have Craig as a player, guy scored cracking free-kicks in pre-season and did it again against Hearts,
Sadly Ngoo ruined it 5 minutes later by equalising

St. Mirren 1 - 3 Hibernian
Craig, Hanlon & Wotherpoon

What a win, usually have difficulty winning against St. Mirren but goals from Craig (free-kick again), Hanlon & Spoony
guarenteed the win.

Hibernian 2 - 0 St. Johnstone
Hanlon, Griffiths

I am struggling now to pick a player of the month, so many players doing really well. Lovely headed goal by Hanlon and a typical Sparky break-away ensured we beat the farmers from Perth

Scottish League Cup
Stenhousemuir 0 - 1 Hibernian
Caldwell

Although I played most my youth team with a few experienced players like McPake and Cairney, I was disappointed. The first half didn't have a single highlight after kick-off. 2nd half highlight was made up of Stenny corners and a long ball to Caldwell (who even I thought was offside at the time) which he then cooly tucked past the keeper. Disappointed but a win is a win. Got Inverness in the next round.

Getting a nosebleed just looking at the table, stand comefortably atop of the pile with 10 points and quite a decent goal difference. Hopefully
the next game against Celtic doesn't bring us back down to Earth with an almighty crash. Still very early in season but very happy with the first month.
Injuries are becoming a worry. Thomson, Gulasci, Done, Stanton & Black all injured.

View attachment 318560

TRANSFERS

IN

Once again since Rodders won't give any wage to offer (£120p/w at Key Player!) I can't sign anyone unless it's a loan with no wage needed.
Scratch that I can't sign anyone at all. Desperately need a CB, looks like I'll have to promote Ryan Baptie to the first team incase Hanlon or McPake get injured/suspended.

So in short, in the words of Tom Hardy in the film Bronson, WE AIN'T SIGNED NO ONE! I'm not joking. Not a soul, EVER! (This month anyway).

OUT

Few more youth players loaned out is all we've done. Still haven't released Kujabi, seems to be the only option since no one wants him.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Liam-Craig_2642919.jpg

Liam Craig

After getting a serious migrane trying to decide this, I decided to name Liam Craig as Hibs player of the month.
He's been superb, tucking away two cracking free-kicks and providing 3 assists

Oh and here's the tactics I'm using, someone was bound to ask eventually.

View attachment 318561View attachment 318563

Positions usually stay the same, depending on fitness I'll move the AMC into ST if we don't have one fit. Player roles a adjusted according to the player playing.

SEPTEMBER
44958.2.jpg

Winning streak goes on

Remain top of the table
Through to next round of League Cup

Celtic 0 - 0 Hibernian

Lucky to draw this one, we were absolutely dominated. Celtic had 26 shots with 9 on target whilst we only had 2 shots
with both of them being off target. Celtic also had 64% possession. Wasn't made any easier after James McPake got sent off.

International Break Friendly

Hibernian 1 - 2 Burnley
Deegan

A sort of habit I've come into when we have a gap between league games of 14 days or longer. I set up a friendly on the
7 day mark. Thought we could beat Burnley as they were struggling at the bottom of the Championship.
However with key players like Griffiths, Hanlon and McPake being on international duty we were only just defeated.

Hibernian 2 - 1 Kilmarnock
Deegan & Yesil

The run goes on. Dominated Killie and should've won by more. Was looking to be a 1-1 draw before on-loan Samed Yesil
powered a shot into the net in the 86th minute.

Hibernian 2 - 1 Inverness CT
Griffiths & Hanlon

Starting to question if it's Hibs I've taken over, usually at the other end of the table struggling for draws.
Happy with a result against a difficult Caley side, especially since they took the lead in the 2nd minute.

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round

Hibernian 2 - 1 Inverness CT

Repeat performance and result from 3 days prior. Would like to win the League Cup as it does add a slight bit of money
into the transfer kitty. Even though for some reason you don't qualify for Europe by winning the League Cup like you do in
England.

Happy with our performances in September. However despite the results the Board Confidence update came back with the board
apparently not happy at the team not playing attacking football..... I think Rodders if having difficulty seeing past the
£ signs in his eyes.

View attachment 318718

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm having 2nd thoughts about Kujabi, he put in two class performances against Caley and set
up Griffiths in the LC game with a beautiful free-kick from inside our own half.

Hopefully a certain Mr. Darran Donald isn't lurking in the top section of the RD stand during our next game against Aberdeen at Pittodrie....

Still top of the pile but Celtic are making up ground after their poor start. I don't expect this to last and eventually Celtic WILL break away. For now I'll enjoy everything about being top of the table... except the altitude sickness.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

d88c656b3be21ce93c758ee6c02fb18d.jpg

Leigh Griffiths

Decided to name Sparky as the Hibs Player of the Month, was a close decision between him and Hanlon. Sparky's been on fire with goals in both games against Caley as well as numerous assists.

OCTOBER

0,,10290~11687828,00.png

STILL top of the League, STILL undefeated

Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian
Taiwo & Griffiths

Lee Bowyer gave Aberdeen a 2 - 0 lead in 10 minutes. laid into the team during half-time and they wen't out and dominated Aberdeen
restricting them to long shots. Taiwo with a header and Griffiths stole the ball off COnsidine before round Langfield and tapping it home

Hibernian 3 - 0 Dundee
Handling, Griffiths & McGivern

Lovely performance by the boys. Absolutely dominiated Dundee and should've won by more.

Hamilton 1 - 3 Hibernian
Yesil, Handling & Bateson (O.G.)

Good result with key players away on duty

Ross County 1 - 3 Hibernian
Wotherspoon, Handling & Craig

Another strong spirited performance from the boys today. Mistake by Williams made it 2-1 but Craig tucked the ball
past the keeper on the end of a delightful cross from young midfielder Jamie Beaton to make it 3-1

Motherwell 1 - 2 Hibernian
Wotherspoon, Cairney

Can count myself lucky here. Last minute winner from the returning Paul Cairney, and the fact that Motherwell
had key players like McFadden, Hidgon, Hateley & Hutchinson injured.

Scottish League Cup Qtr Final

Dundee United 2 - 3 Hibernian (AET)
Cairney (2) & Hanlon

Superb fightback from the boys after going 2-0 down in 20 minutes. Cairney grabbed his first
before half-time then his second 5 minutes from full-time. A well placed Hanlon header from a corner
(which we are beast at) send us through to the semi's where we will play..... Dundee. Good news aswell
is that Partick Thistle and St. Johnstone are the other fixture. Let's just say, barring injuries, suspensions
& ****-ups... I'm feeling pretty confident the League Cup will be coming back to Easter Road... hopefully
the Scottish Cup will follow.

View attachment 319664

This just keeps getting more interesting. Each game I fear the streak will end (beginning to sound like The Undertaker) but we come away with a good performance and a result to boot. Only downside to this month was my falling out with Shefki Kuqi.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

david-wotherspoon-hibernian.jpg

David Wotherspoon

Spoony played his heart out this month. Always in amoungst the action, set most the goals up and grabbed a few himself.
Concerned since he refuses to sign a new contract.

NOVEMBER

James-McPake-Hibernian-240x300.jpg

Still top of the League and Undefeated.
Kujabi is gone

Hibernian 0 - 0 St Mirren

Slightly disappointed, felt we could win this game as St Mirren had the likes of McLean & Goodwin inured,
didn't help that Caley & Celtic are right behind us (everyone else is at least 10 points behind Celtic)

Hibernian 1 - 0 Dundee United
Semedo

Again disappointed, took a 89th minute tap-in by loanee Semedo after the keeper blocked Griffiths.

Dundee 1 - 1 Hibernian
Yesil

Was beginning to look like a shakey month. Doesn't help that ICT and Celtic both won

Hibernian 2 - 1 Aberdeen
McGivern & Griffiths

A satesfying win over the sheep. Lovely headed McGivern goal from a corner. Young Cammy Smith equalised
before Clangers showed his true skill and rolled the ball straight to Griffiths who lobbed him from outside the both.
How 'bout dem apples stonecold? (H)

St. Johnstone 2 - 2 Hibernian

3rd draw in what was a really nerve-racking game. Cairney and Griffiths put us 2 - 0 up beofre
the team switched off in the final 30 minutes and conceded two Rown Vine goals

Was worried that the team may start to crack but we're still top and still undefeated. To say I'm shocked is an understatement, I'm lucky if I go on unbeaten runs with the big clubs never mind Hibs

View attachment 319998

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

0,,10290~11224646,00.png

Ryan McGivern

Moved from left-back to centre-back with McPake being injured young Ryan has been a brick wall.
Also causes plenty of problems at corners aswell.

DECEMBER

Hibs+v+Celtic+2

The streak continues (Beginning to feel like The Undertaker)

Scottish Cup 4th Round

Hibernian 3 - 1 Elgin City
Griffiths, Caldwell & Baptie

The youth team (with a few first-team faces) put in a good performance. Off to a flyer by Sparky who cooly lobbed
the keeper. Caldwell with a bullet shot. Elgin got 1 back before Ryan Baptie headed in a corner on his professional
debut.

Inverness CT 0 - 2 Hibernian
Robertson & McPake

Seem to have Caley in my back pocket this season.

Hibernian 4 - 1 Motherwell
Cairney, Robertson, Griffith & Wotherspoon

What more can you say, amazing performance (Especially since the scoreline is usually the other way round when I play Motherwell.

Kilmarnock 2 - 2 Hibernian
Griffiths (2)

Slightly disappointed, took the lead twice and gave it away twice. Although I thought we did good despite Gary Deegan
getting sent off on 31 minutes

Hibernian 0 - 0 Ross County

Bore performance, bore draw. Unsurprising since I rested key players for the game versus Celtic in tree days

Hibernian 1 - 0 Celtic
Griffiths

Sparky finding his form, constant threat to the Celtic defence and should've had more than 1 goal but was caught
offside.

Sorry guys but I kind of forgot to take a screenshot of the League table at the end of the month, as I was doing College revision whilst playing. :S

We were on 47 points at the end of the month with Celtic behind us on 38.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

_65229451_8240552.jpg

Leigh Griffiths

Been absolutely phenominal (do do, do do do) this month. Scored in nearly every game and was a nightmare for defences.
Really hope in January we can work it out to get him and McGivern here full time.

Fell behind a bit so the catch up begins. Please note that in my game I am in the middle of March and completely forgot to take League Table screenshots for January and February. We're still first but Celtic have cut the gap to 4 points.

JANUARY

Hearts-v-Hibs-008.jpg

The unbeaten run goes on & on
Into the final of the League Cup

Hearts 0 - 1 Hibernian
Grfffiths

A win over your local rival is very pleasing (even if they are a bunch of tramps). Were lucky to win, early lead and then battered
for 85 minutes. Still, a win is a win is a win.

Hibernian 2 - 0 Broughty Athletic
Handling, Kuqi

A friendly game to keep the youngster and players not called up on their toes

Hibernian 4 - 0 Stirling Uni
Handling (2), Stanton & Cairney

Same as above

Hibernian 1 - 1 Dundee
Griffiths

Nice to see Sparky's form continue but we seem to be slipping.

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Hibernian

Dominated the game but were terrible in the final third. Even the board complain about the
lack of attacking football.

League Cup Semi Final
Hibernian 2 - 0 Dundee
Deegan & Griffiths

Happy to be into the final. With automatic experience on having the chance to win a cup without
using a team that dominates easily is quite a feat, just have to get past partick Thistle

As mentioned there will be no League Table screenies

Form seems to have dipped a bit but we're still top. Next month looks like ****, major fixture congestion.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

leigh_1646414a.jpg

Leigh Griffiths

Only player to make an impact even though we only played 3 proper fixtures.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, College exams are creeping up and the coursework is piling up so I've not had much time to play. Will try and get a few updates up soon

FEBRUARY

14461781_24-02-13%20CLYDESDALE%20BANK%20PREMIER%20LEAGUE%20DUNDEE%20UTD%20v%20HIBERNIAN%20TANNADICE%20-%20DUNDEE%20Hibernian-1729357.jpg

STILL unbeaten despite dropping points

Through to Quarter-Final of the Scottish Cup

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Hibernian 1 - 1 Falkirk
Taiwo

Disappointed, felt we could've beaten Falkirk and were nearly knocked out but Taiwo equalised 5 minutes from time to set up a replay

Hibernian 4 - 2 St. Johnstone
Griffiths, McPake, Cairney & Robertson

A really good result and happy to see different goalscorers for all goals, bit concerend about the leaky defence though

Scottish Cup 5th Round Replay

Falkirk 2 - 2 Hibernian (Hibs win 4-3 on penalties)
Robertson and Craig

Not a good sign struggling against lesser league opposition. Went into extra-time at 1-1 and they score immediately in extra-time,
thankfully the ever helpful Liam Craig sinks a free-kick to take it to penalties which we won 4-3 on. Got St. Mirren in the next round

St. Mirren 0 - 0 Hibernian

Not good, starting to get more draws than wins and Celtic are quickly gaining on us

Ross County 0 - 0 Hibernian

Goals seem to have dried up. Very angry though at this result as we got a 90th minute goal chalked off

Dundee United 0 - 1 Hibernian

Hussah! A win, a very lucky win but a win non the less. They battered us for 90 minutes. We get a breakaway and Sparky is hacked down
in the box, Sparky comfortabley converts the penalty.

Hibernian 0 - 0 Kilmarnock

Guess I got ahead of myself eh? Still unbeaten but Celtic have really cut the gap.

No screenie of the table this month as I forgot, DEAL WITH IT!

Player of the Month

0,,10290~11226889,00.png

Paul Hanlon

Was close between Hanlon and McPake, they saved our bacon so many times this month and had a lot more contribution than anyone else. Hanlon has especially improved after I changed his focus in training to marking, which was a lowly 10 before, now a 12 and he's still got plenty time for improvement.

Oh yeah, completely forgot to mention, we singed Dutchman Dominique van Dijk during the Janurary window and sent Robert Wilson out on loan.

Looking forward to March as I'm eager to see if we get any youth candidates with good potential.

MARCH

0,,10290~11793851,00.png

Through to Scottish Cup Semi Finals
Good intake of youth players

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Hibernian 1 - 0 St. Mirren
Van Zanten (og)

David Van Zanten seemed to forget which team he played for as he headed the ball into his own net from a corner. Celtic in the semi's..... eep

Hibernian 0 - 0 Hearts

I don't like these draws that a piling up, Celtic are now 1 point behind us

Motherwell 0 - 1 Hibernian
Griffiths

Can't complain, League Cup Final up next so I rested key players with a few being on the bench if needed.
Kuqi picked up an injury just after half time so Sparky came on and put Motherwell to the sword.

GOING TO DO THE LEAGUE CUP FINAL IN A SEPERATE POST

Hibernian 3 - 0 Inverness CT
Hanlon, Robertson, Griffiths (pen)

A good response to the 13 day break after the final (won't spoil it)

And so we end the month still on top, Celtic are 5 points behind us after slipping up in their last games.
I also remembered to take a screenie this time so here it is.

View attachment 326970

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

354868_1.jpg

Leigh Griffiths

I will admit that Griffiths only won this due to me flipping a coin, it was either him or Hanlon to win it since both were absolutely outstanding.

YOUTH INTAKE

As we all know an exciting time in the season is when you get the Youth Candidates in. The Candidates team were beaten 3-2 by the Hibs youth team. Thankfully I did get three promising players from it who look to have bags of potential

Luke Rowan

View attachment 326972

Christian Cargill

View attachment 326971

Richard Davidson

View attachment 326973

LEAGUE CUP FINAL

THE TEAMS

View attachment 326975View attachment 326974

THE PATH TO GET HERE

Partick Thistle went through Annan Athletic, Greenock Morton, Motherwell, Ross County & St. Johnstone

Hibernian went through Stenhousemuir, Inverness CT, Dundee United & Dundee

THE PRIZE

009__034__trophies__cup7__1314611982_standard.jpg

VENUE

Hampden-Park-001.jpg

Hampden Park

Capacity: 52,063

Match Attendance: 33, 027 (Glasgow's second biggest team couldn't draw a bigger support?)

THE MATCH

1st HALF

GOAL - LEIGH GRIFFITHS

Griffiths latches onto a long ball that Muirhead fails to intercept and curls it past Fox with 37 minutes gone

2nd HALF

GOAL - PAUL HANLON

Craig swings a corner in Hanlon outjumps O'Donnell to head the ball over the helpless Fox and into the far corner with 64 minutes gone

GOAL - LIAM CRAIG

Craig with a trademark free-kick on the 64th minute to wrap the win up for Hibs

View attachment 326977

Absolutely delighted to win the League Cup in my first season as Hibs manager (was even sad enough to boot up iTunes and pop Sunshine on Leith on :p).
Hampden-CIS-2007.jpg

Now all focus on the League and Scottish Cup, if I'm perfectly honest I think we've got a more realistic chance of winning the Scottish Cup

APRIL

cairney_2327010b.jpg

The streak is over *sniff sniff*
Through to the final of the Scottish Cup

Celtic 1 - 0 Hibernian

Well, the streak is over, what more can I say, took them till the 83rd minute to slot home a rebound off the post. But they won, we didn't
.....goddammit

Scottish Cup Semi-Final

Celtic 2 - 2 Hibernian (Hibs win 5-4 on penalties)
Clancy & Griffiths

Vengence is sweet, even if it's on penalties. Went 2 - 0 down with goals on either side of half-time. Clancy netted a header 10 minutes from time & Sparky popped up in the 88th minute to steal the ball of Mulgrew and chip Forster. Thankfully we then won on pens.

Hibernian 1 - 2 Celtic
Cairney

....****. 2 losses in a row now, hopefully this doesn't become habit. Celtic now ahead of us in the table, double ****.

dcryrc1rh6.gif

Inverness CT 0 - 1 Hibernian
Cairney

Mr. Cairney proving to be more reliable than Griffiths this month, man of the match and a goal to go with it.

So after leading the SPL for the majority of the season we've finally been beaten and replaced at top-spot. Hurts but we'll continue fighting.

Also we have Greenock Morton in the final of the Scottish Cup.

Here's a League screenie

View attachment 327332

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
0,,10290~11009416,00.jpg

Paul Cairney

Really the only player to do anything this month. Put in two man of the match performances (despite the loss he was named man of the match vs Celtic)

MAY

Hibs+v+Hearts

Celtic retain SPL
We finish 2nd

Hibernian 3 - 0 Hearts
Cairney, Done & Griffiths

I love games like these, media touted us as getting beat but thats to 3 first half goals, Edinburgh is green & white.

Motherwell 1 - 3 Hibernian
Hanlon & Griffiths (2)

Our two top rated players put in a performance to be proud of, went 1 nil down then came roaring back and gave Randolph backache

Sadly, even though we won, Celtic were four points ahead of us by this point, so they retained the SPL title

Hibernian 2 - 1 St. Mirren
Griffiths & Wotherspoon

Proud end to the season, finish 2nd only 4 points behind Celtic. Only negative to today was Griffiths only scored 1 goal, if he scored another
he would've won the SPL Golden Boot. He finished with 22 goals, level with Scott Vernon (no that is not a typo) who won the award due to playing fewer matches.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

0,,10290~11227045,00.png

Leigh Griffiths

Was starting to think he was dwindling, but this month he proved me wrong and pratically stole the show (no Tesco jokes please)

MY HIBS PLAYER OF THE SEASON

0,,10290~11226929,00.png

Paul Cairney

Has Been the most consistent Hibs player all season. Never gave up, scored plenty of goals and put in plenty of assists. Was always in contention for this award along with Hanlon & Griffiths

Decided to put the player of the month ahead of the league screenie because I'm going to upload multiple screenies showing the final standings of the leagues people actually care about.

SPL

View attachment 327356

Celtic won (JUST) and Ross County are relegated. Livingston are back in the SPL are winning Division 1

Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 327354

Man City retain the title (Also won the FA Cup and something else.) Aston Villa, Southampton & Sunderland drop to the Championship whilst Forest, Wolves & Hull take their places

LIGA BBVA

View attachment 327357

Barcelona reclaim their crown as Spanish champions from Real Madrid

Bundesliga

View attachment 327355

Bayern Munich end Dortmunds reign of dominance by running away with the League

Ligue 1

View attachment 327358

As expected, PSG are crowned French champions

Serie A

View attachment 327359

Juventus retain their title, are they back as the dominant force in Italy?

UEFA Champions league

View attachment 327360

Pains me to say this but Manchester City beat Real Madrid to become the champions of Europe

UEFA Europa League

View attachment 327361

Borussia Monchengladbach fend of Ajax in Ajax's own backyard the Amsterdam ArenA

SPL Managers at end of the Season

Managers came and went, here's who ended the 2012/2013 campaign as SPL Managers

Aberdeen - Gareth Southgate
Celtic - Neil Lennon
Dundee - Vacant
Dundee United - Lee Clark
Hearts - Alan Curbishley
Hibernian - Me
Inverness CT - Terry Butcher
Kilmarnock - Pat Bonner
Motherwell - Danny Lennon
Ross County - Archie Knox
St. Johnstone - Steve Lomas
St. Mirren - Derek McInnes

GOING TO DO THE SCOTTISH CUP FINAL AS A SEPERATE POST

Last edited:
SCOTTISH CUP FINAL

THE TEAMS

View attachment 327447 View attachment 327446

THE PATH TO GET HERE

Sadly I played to far ahead so the system has been reset and I can't go back and check

THE PRIZE

scottish_cup_sns.jpg

THE VENUE

Hampden-Park-001.jpg

Hampden Park

Capacity: 52,063

Attendance: 41,970

THE MATCH

1st HALF

GOAL - PAUL CAIRNEY

Hibs take an early lead as Paul Cairney heads a Tim Clancy cross past Derek Gaston

RED CARD - JAMES McPAKE

Hibs captain sent for a very early bath after he's sent off for a foul on Michael Tidser on the 14th minute, despite the commentator saying it looked like Tidser dived

GOAL - MICHAEL TIDSER

Free-kick as result of James McPake's challenge is cooly tucked away by Tidser for a 15th minute equalliser

GOAL - PAUL CAIRNEY

Paul Cairney tucks away his 2nd with a real poachers goal, Leigh Griffiths tried a shot from the side of the box, came back off the post straight to Cairney who made no mistake, 2 - 1 after 34 minutes

2nd HALF

GOAL - DANNY HANDLING

Not five minutes after being brought on for leigh Griffiths who suffered a knock, young Handling latches onto a long ball by Kevin Thomson which Kevin Rutkiewicz failed to head clear, then slotted the ball round the keeper to wrap the cup up for Hibs on 81 minutes

View attachment 327453

A true dream for every Hibs fan to win the Scottish Cup, sadly it seems we can only do it on video games, but we live in hope (dire hope by now). League Cup and Scottish Cup have turned Edinburgh green and white as Sunshine on Leith rings round Hampden (in my mind anyway)
KR-DONS-V-HIBS24.jpg

Perfect end to the season, both cup wins and a 2nd place finish added some more money to the kitty. Can only hope we get fairly easy ties in Europa League for a bit more cash, but I'm not holding my breath

PRE-SEASON & JULY
HibsTrainingCentreI.jpg

Experienced Midfielder and Former Striker join Hibs
Gulacsi returns on loan and two loanees sign full-time
Drawn against Romanian side Sporting Club Vaslui in Europa League 3rd Round Qualifiers

PRE-SEASON

Hibernian 1 - 2 Zenit St Petersburg
Griffiths

Despite the result I'm proud of the team, on another day Zenit could have destroyed us

Airdrie 1 - 2 Hibernian
Cairney & Caldwell

Pre-season so I'm not worried about thin margains over lower league sides

Queen of the South 0 - 2 Hibernian
Griffiths & Craig

Same as above

Hibernian 1 - 4 Ajax
Cairney

Expected really, unstoppable Dutch machine even though they didn't win the Eredivisie

Clyde 0 - 2 Hibernian
Hanlon & Maybury

Same as the Airdrie and Queen of the South reports, Maybury's last game for us

SPL

Hibernian 2 - 1 Dundee
Craig & Cairney

Typical free-kick from Craig and a last minute piledriver from Cairney give us a winning start

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

No one

Since we only played one game it doesn't feel right to designate the award this month

Also felt it was pointless to take a League screenie since we've only played one fixture

TRANSFERS

IN

Parent club Liverpool decided to send Peter Gulasci back to Hibs for the season to which I was delighted with

Rodders managed to negotiate the purchases of Ryan McGivern and Leigh Griffiths, again very pleasing

Here comes the juicy part, signed three players who were without a club, one is an experience midfielder who I couldn't resist offering a contract.
The second is a striker who spent one season with us and could've become a club legend if he didn't hop down the M8 at the first chance.
The third is a player I signed to replace Maybury, might at times become my number 1 left back if McGivern has to replace Hanlon or McPake due to injury.

View attachment 327602

Barry Ferguson

View attachment 327601

Anthony Stokes

View attachment 327603

Lloyd Doyley

OUT

Dominique van Dijk, Shekfi Kuqi, Sean Murdoch, Callum Antell & Harry Monaghan all left on free transfers

Jamie Beaton loaned to Ross County

Bradley Donaldson loaned to Dumbarton

Luke Rowan and Richard Davidson loaned to feeder club Clyde for 6 months

Eoin Doyle completes £6K move to Northampton whilst Alan Maybury seals £7K move to Luton Town

Hibs are *****. Falkirk are going to thump Hibs in the semi. COYB.