High CCCs - Devastating Liverpool-esque Counter 4-5-1

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 144K
The BBM tweak has now been added to the zip download file

Last edited:
Neither of them are doing any good for me. Both of them are fuild yet I'm still not getting results. I'm Man City.
View attachment 492308

I went through a bad run on my current save. I am currently working on a fix. With the new BBM instructions it seems to work better, however I need to play a few more games to confirm the results.

So far so good 40 scored in 9 games, 15 in 3 in the league, with Melbourne Heart, CF with 5 in 3 league games.

averaging about 4 ccc a game. last game -

View attachment 492524

So far so good 40 scored in 9 games, 15 in 3 in the league, with Melbourne Heart, CF with 5 in 3 league games.

averaging about 4 ccc a game. last game -

View attachment 492524

Excellent result there mate! Glad to see it is working very well for you. Are you using the original tactic or the BBM tweak one?

I'm trying this on a NUFC save and I'm struggling to score and seem to always concede a goal. Seems like it might be better served to have a TM/S or F9/S instead of the AF. Just seem to draw a ton even against weaker sides.

I also have Cabaye, Honda, Sissoko, Zucillini and Anita in the midfield and no matter the combination they play like ****.

I've tried playing with a RGA in the past and it seems to really, really compromise your back line. I'm giving it a try with switching one of my CBs to cover and with an F9/S and see how it goes.

I'm trying this on a NUFC save and I'm struggling to score and seem to always concede a goal. Seems like it might be better served to have a TM/S or F9/S instead of the AF. Just seem to draw a ton even against weaker sides.

I've tried playing with a RGA in the past and it seems to really, really compromise your back line. I'm giving it a try with switching one of my CBs to cover and with an F9/S and see how it goes.

Thats weird. Sturridge was my top scorer with 22 in my first season at Liverpool and was also top scorer in the league. Will be interesting to see how it works with an F9 though. Let me know how you get on.

Excellent result there mate! Glad to see it is working very well for you. Are you using the original tactic or the BBM tweak one?

errr dunno, i think the newer one but cant remember, its very very minorly tweaked anyway... gonna try it with England.

Works quite well on overload as well.

Last edited:
errr dunno, i think the newer one but cant remember, its very very minorly tweaked anyway... gonna try it with England.

Works quite well on overload as well.

how well is it working on overload? Are you scoring more goals? How is it effecting your defense and how many goal you let in?

And how is your Regista performing?

I am also currently in the process of playing around with set pieces. If anyone knows of any that work perticularly well please let me know

Hello iamauser, nice tactic, I use a very similar one to your away tactic when I need to change things up during a game. In my tactic I have a HB(D) instead of the BWM(D) and both FB are on Attack. When defending the Half Back drops back into the centre of defence to effectively make a central back 3, leaving the full backs free to move forward and get the counter going, it works well.

I love the goals scored by this style of play, it's great to see a team ripped apart by the fast direct passes. It can be nervous times though letting the opponent have more possession and shots.

Jassars set pieces work well.

Hi mate, this might not be the correct way to play it. Suarez is extremely wasted on the wide areas, really. A proper way to play it is to put sturridge on the right as an IF, and sterling on the left as a Winger attack|(this will force him to use his pace to produce scary runs like he does in game). Suarez as an T or DLF. It's one possibility
However, one of the reasons for our success is due to the interchange between Sturridge and Suarez which forces mistakes for the opposition.

Hi mate, this might not be the correct way to play it. Suarez is extremely wasted on the wide areas, really. A proper way to play it is to put sturridge on the right as an IF, and sterling on the left as a Winger attack|(this will force him to use his pace to produce scary runs like he does in game). Suarez as an T or DLF. It's one possibility
However, one of the reasons for our success is due to the interchange between Sturridge and Suarez which forces mistakes for the opposition.

The problem with Suarez is the huge success Sturridge is having so I don't really want to change it around. Sterling is also performing superbly, so I'm not too worried by his role

I am also currently in the process of playing around with set pieces. If anyone knows of any that work perticularly well please let me know

I'd advise looking on jassar's tactical page, corners to the near post are scoring a few. In my ajax save Fabian Schar got 20 in one season using it

I tested with my favorite team in Brazil (Vasco da Gama) and after 10 games:

Winners: 9
Defeats: 1

More than 20 goals and only 2 conceded goals. I'm working now, but after i'll post screen :)

I tested with my favorite team in Brazil (Vasco da Gama) and after 10 games:

Winners: 9
Defeats: 1

More than 20 goals and only 2 conceded goals. I'm working now, but after i'll post screen :)

Nice mate. What type of score lines have you been getting?

I have now added set piece instructions to the tactic. Will be testing it first before release.

The only person who might be a bit of trouble there is Shaqiri. His shoots from range PPM might cause him to ignore some instructions, but im keen to see how he gets on now.

You can untrain it. i've done it successfully in my Bayern save.

Nice mate. What type of score lines have you been getting?

Is the counter-attack tactic. For me is the best tactic for this patch, because every tactic that I tested, my team conceder many goals, but this tactic I conceded only 2 goals in one game (x Flamengo).

The problem with Suarez is the huge success Sturridge is having so I don't really want to change it around. Sterling is also performing superbly, so I'm not too worried by his role
I'd still look at sterling as an W, because he is not really a striker, so he might be even better as an winger, even though he produces results as an IF. experiment is key.
How about moving Suarez even further up the pitch? put him as either IF or WTM in the striker zone.

I'd still look at sterling as an W, because he is not really a striker, so he might be even better as an winger, even though he produces results as an IF. experiment is key.
How about moving Suarez even further up the pitch? put him as either IF or WTM in the striker zone.

Annoyingly Suarez has picked up a 5 month injury for me so it is going to be hard to experiment with him for a while. Moving him into the left wing/striker role is an interesting idea though. However im not sure how it will effect the "Wide players swap positions" shout. I shall take a look when Suarez is back from injury.

Back