High Pressing Tactic. No lose in 58 games (win 46) A.C. Milan. Goal Difference 100

What tactic do I go for after two seasons with Danilo? AI seems to have figured it out, need to switch to something else.

so danilo 3-5-2 is better than danilo tight (original) ???

so danilo 3-5-2 is better than danilo tight (original) ???

Try both :)

Personally I've been using danilo tight, and just tweaking slightly each season so that the AI won't have me figured out.

YpyH3xI.jpg

So far been more bad than good, so inconsistent performance.

YpyH3xI.jpg

Strange. Tbh, I've tried quite a few tactics in this forum and the best ones are the ones that play through the middle, with attacking CMs and forwards/AMCs that drop deep (like this one or just search this forum for "4123 umbrella pinball". I think it's a match engine exploit-ish thing that the AI just struggle to pick up CMs bursting into the box.

YpyH3xI.jpg

if you using the original tactic or the tight with Man U try putting the D-line to higher because they possess attacking players and more likely to win the ball in the opponents half.

also with a team like Man U there strengths are on the wings and basically wingless tactic wouldn't be that good for them.

if you using the original tactic or the tight with Man U try putting the D-line to higher because they possess attacking players and more likely to win the ball in the opponents half.

also with a team like Man U there strengths are on the wings and basically wingless tactic wouldn't be that good for them.
It's the 3-4-3 version, which is most likely to LvG current tactic.

I think PPMs are more important in FM 2014... Do u have any suggestions for each positions especially in Danilo tactics???

For example;

f9 --> come back to get ball, moves into channels, play one twos

for midfielders --> switch the ball opposite flank ( i think its most necessary for dmc position)

Enganche or Advanced Playmaker --> Dictates tempo, play one twos, tries killer balls

man this tactic is fun with real madrid, seems to work with every team ive managed,swansea,southampton,arsenal,Marseille and now with madrid, with real madrid im scoring 3-4 goals a game and hardly conseding, love it

im using the one tweaked by Diavolo1992

Last edited:
I think PPMs are more important in FM 2014... Do u have any suggestions for each positions especially in Danilo tactics???

For example;

f9 --> come back to get ball, moves into channels, play one twos

for midfielders --> switch the ball opposite flank ( i think its most necessary for dmc position)

Enganche or Advanced Playmaker --> Dictates tempo, play one twos, tries killer balls

I am no expert - but the above sounds good to me.

This is a really good question. I'm happy with my false 9's placing their shots. I have had one or two who I use plays with back to goal (need strength to do so).

With the wingbacks: I have one with gets further forward - I'm not seeing much difference. I do use "knock ball past opponent" when they have great pace, but poor dribbling.

That said: sometimes I feel the PPM just waste player potential for something (get further forward, cut inside) which I can just do with a player instruction.

Hey, I just came here to say that Danilo's original is being the best tactic I've ever experienced in FM14, and trust me, I tried literally the best rated ones in here. I just don't believe how I didn't find this one earlier!!! Great work :)

View attachment 343866
Been having some great results so far using 'Danilo Tight' with a newly promoted team in a low level league. Great job mate! (H)

BTW the corner setting recommended does help to create alot more chances for me, having the AMC taking the corners. I have a DM with 13 in long shot and he seems to find himself isolated most of the time and hitting shots on target.

Last edited:
Hey friendos,

This tactic is really good, almost went a whole season undefeated with Villa then United had to crush me with just 4 games to go at Old Trafford.

I had a ridiculous regen winger come through my academy so to fit him in, I tweaked this tactic into a wide 4-2-3-1. It's working fairly well for me so I thought I'd share and hope it works well for others too. I'm not completely happy with the inside forwards so go ahead and tweak them, the main threat in the tactic is in the overlapping wingbacks after all.

Here's my tweak:
View attachment 341602

After trying many tactics, definitely I prefer Danilo Tight.

I just started with Ast. Tripoli in Greece and the results have not been better.

first season
Media prediction 5th

second season
Media prediction 3rd

I am with Wolves in 2022. My team is predicted to finish 9th. Overall I would say we are a mid-table team. Which tactic would be best for me to use?