Hip Hop

I agree, Relapse was awful and Doggystyle is a good album. Another Album I like is Tha Bosses, which is a collaboration of Nate and Snoop Dogg songs with a few other artists featuring. Not sure if you have heard of Rakim (quality rapper) doesn't get the credit he deserves. An Old school style rapper and a lot of people reckon he changed the face of hip-hop with the way he raps. You should take a look at Rakim's wiki page and maybe download an album of his too :) Afroman's best album imo is The good times, so try and download that if you can. The Seventh Seal is an album by Rakim, released just last year and it is top-notch.

Also Rakims wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakim

Yeah i've heard of Rakim not listened to many of his songs though but i will download those albums and let you know what i think off them i'm listening to Eazy E's Eazy duz it at the moment great album

Yeah i've heard of Rakim not listened to many of his songs though but i will download those albums and let you know what i think off them i'm listening to Eazy E's Eazy duz it at the moment great album

Indeed, Eazy-E is an absolute legend and that is a great album. Real Muthaphuckin G's is a good song.

Indeed, Eazy-E is an absolute legend and that is a great album. Real Muthaphuckin G's is a good song.

I love Dr Dre but that song is in the top 5 hip hop songs off all time imo also love biggie but love hit em up by tupac

I love Dr Dre but that song is in the top 5 hip hop songs off all time imo also love biggie but love hit em up by tupac

I agree. I wasn't alive to witness most of the real beef between rappers and I thought the way they took it out on each-other in music was good, it just got out of hand, often due to the media and their mates who I reckon stirred it up a bit. Hit Em Up is a really good song yeah.

I agree. I wasn't alive to witness most of the real beef between rappers and I thought the way they took it out on each-other in music was good, it just got out of hand, often due to the media and their mates who I reckon stirred it up a bit. Hit Em Up is a really good song yeah.

I was alive just to young to realise about it all but i think Suge Knight is to balme for both Biggie and Tupac's death he is just good at concelling the fact that death row records murdered both off them and not the bloods and crips story

I was alive just to young to realise about it all but i think Suge Knight is to balme for both Biggie and Tupac's death he is just good at concelling the fact that death row records murdered both off them and not the bloods and crips story

Haha, I was trying to think of Suge Knight's name for a while. As this is basically what I was going to say. The bloods and crips story was a load of bullshit however there is a possibility it was the American government. I know it sounds a bit mad, bit I have watched multiple documentaries about it and the case of Pac's death was not looked into properly. The detective who was supposed to be looking into it was actually sent death threats from the American Government if he delved too deep into the case. It is a bit of a crazy conspiracy but the more you do look into it the more it makes sense.

Haha, I was trying to think of Suge Knight's name for a while. As this is basically what I was going to say. The bloods and crips story was a load of bullshit however there is a possibility it was the American government. I know it sounds a bit mad, bit I have watched multiple documentaries about it and the case of Pac's death was not looked into properly. The detective who was supposed to be looking into it was actually sent death threats from the American Government if he delved too deep into the case. It is a bit of a crazy conspiracy but the more you do look into it the more it makes sense.

I watched a documentary about big and pac's death and ex police officers that moonlighted as death row security gards said it was police that killed both for suge knight

I watched a documentary about big and pac's death and ex police officers that moonlighted as death row security gards said it was police that killed both for suge knight

I've never actually thought about that and it makes sense tbh. Suge and the American police would be getting some good out of it so it is something to think about.

I also buy the Suge Knight set up theory, but I also wish the very unlikely faking of his death is real too (so many coincidences and contradictions, and contestable evidence).

I'm far more into underground and independent rap, artists such as Immortal Technique (see sigs), MURS, Tech N9ne (exc. Mixed Plate), Jedi Mind Tricks, Prozak and Ill Bill. But I also love Pac, mostly before Death Row (when he became more commercial) and none of that **** Eminem touched.

i am gangsta :wub: im not going to lie, love my Rap music:

Eminem has reinvented himself with his latest album, love the way you lie with Rihanna is class ;)
Jay Z's blueprint 2 was pretty decent as well, dig Kanye, Snoop, 50, the Game (still waiting on a new one from him) TI King (best rapper of all time) Paper Trails was pure Genious :wub: half asleep here, cant think anymore, will edit and update when i can remember some more..

On a different Note, please do yourselves a favour and search for Locnville in youtube or whereever and listen to the beats and tunes these guys make, they are South African but have just signed internationally with Sony BMG ;)

Like Tupac, Bone Thugs N Harmony and Eazy E and alot of the older stuff but now rap is more R&B. Even some of the song on Eminems albuss hes just singing. All 50 Cent really talks about is how rich and better than you he is.

I love the old skool hip hop: Naughty By Nature, Wu-Tang, Big Pun, Run DMC and the french ones: IAM, supreme NTM and fonky family

nowadays isn't rap anymore. Do yourselves a favour and go look at Onyx, Wu-Tang, RA The Rugged Man (personal favourite), Jedi Mind Tricks, Sean Price and his Heltah Skeltah. I'm tired of wanting to hear a good record, and havo to go to the dusty old ones. Money talks

I knw its leaked but i support Ricky Rose and I only have to wait 5 more days.

+ all this officer **** is bull. All just haterade

I downloaded his album last week. Its quite good he followed on the good form from deeper than rap, its a bit darker though.

For me these are the best songs off Teflon Don:

Free mason ft Jay Z
Live Fast, Die young ft Kanye West(also produced by Kanye)
Super High ft Neyo
All the money in the world
Maybach Music 3 ft T.I. and Erykah Badu
Aston Martin Music

Looking forward to Kanyes new album, hope its got a lil something of his older work.

Also, Blu&Exile is just chill-out rap, to listen while smoking your jonko. good days, these

Like Tupac, Bone Thugs N Harmony and Eazy E and alot of the older stuff but now rap is more R&B. Even some of the song on Eminems albuss hes just singing. All 50 Cent really talks about is how rich and better than you he is.

And this is why mainstream rap is ****, it's predominantly bling culture and R&B. And most of that comes with a **** flow or a plain annoying voice, rap is a musical art and therefore sound matters, but the focus is also on lyricism, without neither (most mainstream) it's no good.

nowadays isn't rap anymore. Do yourselves a favour and go look at Onyx, Wu-Tang, RA The Rugged Man (personal favourite), Jedi Mind Tricks, Sean Price and his Heltah Skeltah. I'm tired of wanting to hear a good record, and havo to go to the dusty old ones. Money talks

If you like JMT/Vinnie Paz, try some Prozak, and best news is that he has two completed albums waiting to drop (issues with the label...). Also Project: Deadman, which is Prozak paired with producer Mike E. Clark (similar to Vinnie/Stoupe)

Last edited:
The Big Payback - B-Real & Psycho Realm

fav type of music,
biggie, jay-z, eminem, snoop, tupac, digital underground, Big L etc..

Last edited: