History of Tactics- Links to tactics included

• Thread starter Thread starter maxy67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 58K
Modern Barcelona included now :)- If anyone could point me to a good barcelona tactic, that dosent just focus on Xavi's passing!

Thanks for the likes, going to add more to the thread soon.

Looking good. Definitely going to try out some of those tactics. Been thinking about starting a new game with Juve. Might use their old tactics and try and return the Old Lady to her throne. Keep up the good work!

Interesting, didn't realise pressing started in USSR. It would be great if some of the tactical gurus on the site could replicate these tactics for fm, and then maybe you could link them in the OP? I'd love to try but I'm pretty poor at tactic creation

Interesting, didn't realise pressing started in USSR. It would be great if some of the tactical gurus on the site could replicate these tactics for fm, and then maybe you could link them in the OP? I'd love to try but I'm pretty poor at tactic creation

I've given a go at creating some of them, and the ones that worked are in the OP. :) If you want to have a go I'd be very happy for you to! Yeah its kind of forgotten because the diplomatic relations were so bad with the USSR, that no one had much of an idea what they were doing in their football.

Looking good. Definitely going to try out some of those tactics. Been thinking about starting a new game with Juve. Might use their old tactics and try and return the Old Lady to her throne. Keep up the good work!

I've been trying to create that tactic for a while... Very difficult to get the 3 man central defence right, and get the winger to pull back on the right. But if you did it then, that'd be awsome so good luck.

Next to come Roma in the 2000's strikerless formation

Greeeat thread =), saved the link!
Can you make the inivincibles in a "near" future? :P

thank for the thread, love your work, cheers from chile =)!

Greeeat thread =), saved the link!
Can you make the inivincibles in a "near" future? :P

thank for the thread, love your work, cheers from chile =)!

Hey thanks for the support! I would do the invincibles (you mean the arsenal team in 2004 right?) But Wenger didn't use any tactic that was out of the ordinary.

On a seperate note, I'll add this team because of its greatness and try to replicate it in a tactic- the Real Madrid side that won the first 5 european cups!

Yeah!, the Arsenal 2003/2004!, what a team!
Your new Real Madrid 55'-60' looks very good!

Yeah!, the Arsenal 2003/2004!, what a team!
Your new Real Madrid 55'-60' looks very good!

They were absolutely brilliant, totally agree- just doesn't with this thread :) Thanks it seems to be playing quite well, would be great if you'd give it a try.

Updated- Roma in the 2000's Strikerless formation and a hint for the future.

Roma 2005-2007- A hint to the future of football: Strikerless Formations

After the millennium, football has evolved dramatically. Its gotten faster, with more pressing of possession than anyone could have imagined in the 1960's in the days of Catenaccio (see above). Also something that has developed over the early 2000's was the reduction of strikers from the traditional 2, to 1 striker. However AS Roma in the 2005-2007 seasons hinted at the future of football, 0 strikers. Strikerless formations. Instead of having a traditional target man, or poacher, football could be played entirely in the midfield in the future, with a Treq or Fantasia as the furthest forward man. Totti enjoyed this role during these seasons, as the main focal point of attacks. All we can do is speculate whether the dominant formations of the future will be 4-6-0's and 3-7-0's, but Barcelona below hint at this. As did Australia in the 2006 world cup, holding possession against better teams with their 3-6-1 formation.

Next to come Real Madrid in the 1950's (tactic included) and further details about Catenaccio and total football.

A very interesting reading, i'll try by myself to recreate one of these tactics, hoping to duplicate theyre successes even!

Back