History of Tactics- Links to tactics included

• Thread starter Thread starter maxy67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 67
  • Views Views 58K
I play as Libero in an amateur team in the 4th Division in my country (Bulgaria) since a month after 9 years of not playing football; I played some amateur football in Spain for few months 2 years ago. I used to be a forward back in the days when I was a teenager and practicing regularly. I have to say that the Role is extremely difficult and requires an amazing combination of physical, technical and mental skills.

Maxi67, I am close to recreating Roma, but I still can not fully develop a possession football in counter-attacking strategy in FM12. Any tips you can give would be appreciated.

I play as Libero in an amateur team in the 4th Division in my country (Bulgaria) since a month after 9 years of not playing football; I played some amateur football in Spain for few months 2 years ago. I used to be a forward back in the days when I was a teenager and practicing regularly. I have to say that the Role is extremely difficult and requires an amazing combination of physical, technical and mental skills.

Maxi67, I am close to recreating Roma, but I still can not fully develop a possession football in counter-attacking strategy in FM12. Any tips you can give would be appreciated.

Thats very interesting, I wasn't sure coaches still used that role due to its complexity.

About your question

Roma this season?

Well Enrique has tried to bring the Barcelona philosophy to Roma so you'll want to play with a:

Defensive High Line to keep the opposition penned back in their own half, play offside trap to try and avoid a quick striker getting in behind your defence.

Have your team press more, and tackling on easier.

Tempo: Normal, not to quick but not to slow, so there is a possibility of keeping both possession or counter attacking.

Play your passes short and to the players feet.

It would be interesting if you could make a recration for the Bayern team that won the European Cup in 1973,1974,1975 or the one that reached the final

It would be interesting if you could make a recration for the Bayern team that won the European Cup in 1973,1974,1975 or the one that reached the final

I have tried... Not sure how you can play a sweeper and a normal central defender together. Maybe on the next football manager it might be compatible.

Fantastic work! Well done mate just read through the whole lot and found it really interesting. Learnt a thing or two concerning formations before the 80's there.

I'm starting to get bored with my long term save and considering I have some pretty classy regens who are inside forwards and a great AMC/Deep lying striker, I might even have a crack at your prediction of a future formation with no out and out strikers.

Fantastic work! Well done mate just read through the whole lot and found it really interesting. Learnt a thing or two concerning formations before the 80's there.

I'm starting to get bored with my long term save and considering I have some pretty classy regens who are inside forwards and a great AMC/Deep lying striker, I might even have a crack at your prediction of a future formation with no out and out strikers.

Good luck with that man.

Might add a bit more to this thread soon.

Added a lot more to the Catenaccio part, including the AC Milan side of the 60's. Including comparisons to catenaccio from the italian press about Chelsea 2012, and Inter 2010 (both against Barcelona)

If anyone would like to me to start adding videos showing matches or highlights of these tactical innovations I might be able to.

Back