Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
nah no offence taken mate, it's just the way you put it.

I can see what you're saying I just don't get how you said you "hoped he gained his chance and failed miserably", you then said "you would like to see him given the chance to prove you wrong"

so you see what I am saying? in any case its a silly thing to debate over I suppose

Yeah, reading that back i can see what you mean.

Anyway, im off to bed, back to college tomorrow :'(
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bobby for england!!!! We have so many strikers that dont do the job for england i.e agbonlahour, bent, johnson, heskey. So who says that zamora dosent deserve a chance. Who knows he might be really good and plus not many defences will know much about him and his style of play around the globe. Hope his in for the egypt game

He is winning me round slowly
I would give him a chance against Egypt

He's won me over with the goals vs Shakhtar & Birmingham.

Give him a go Capello for ***** sake.

England squad announced – no Zamora! :(

England squad for the friendly with Egypt at Wembley on Wednesday 3 March:
Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Birmingham)

Defenders: Wes Brown (Man Utd), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Ryan Shawcross (Stoke), Leighton Baines (Everton), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

Midfielders: James Milner (Aston Villa), David Beckham (AC Milan), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Gareth Barry (Man City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City), Stewart Downing (Aston Villa)

Strikers: Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Carlton Cole (West Ham)

Last edited:
I would have given him a chance, but I think he is only really on good form at the moment and will back to his usual self by June.

I would give him a chance against Egypt; not sure about the world cup

Sure, why not, it's a **** friendly. Leave Heskey on the bench for once, PLEASE. And start James Milner.

Back