Hodgson backs Zamora for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 147
  • Views Views 6K
Pompey play up,
getting closer to putting the dingles bottom :)

Do you want to compare strike rates or not, Crouch offers no more than Zamora does to England, Zamora gets first team football every week, Walcott is not a striker and never will be, Defoe and Rooney are different types of players, as is Owen.

Let's discuss strike rates then ... Crouch has 35 England caps and scrored 18 goals, Zamora has never played for a top 5 side, and when was the last time he banged in 15 a season, Never. Thats when. He is not good enough for England! Spain/Italy/Brazil/Holland/France/The Germans! would laugh at us if we had Zamora on that plane. Don't get me wrong fair play to the guy for his form at the minute but the day our World Cup hopes hang on the Zamora will be a dark one.

Last edited:
Let's discuss strike rates then ... Crouch has 35 England caps and scrored 18 goals, Zamora has never played for a top 5 side, and when was the last time he banged in 15 a season, Never. Thats when. He is not good enough for England! Spain/Italy/Brazil/Holland/France/The Germans! would laugh at us if we had Zamora on that plane. Don't get me wrong fair play to the guy for his form at the minute but the day our World Cup hopes hang on the Zamora will be a dark one.

Strike rates this season and you will find Zamora is better than most English striker, Crouch's goals have all come against weakened sides in the England set up, yes he may be a form player at the moment but have you seen Darren Bent, his form is usually all over the place. If you saw how Zamora destroyed Mexes earlier in the season, the French will most definitely not be laughing.

Zamora scores yet another two goals. One of those seasons. Well Done to him

The big man is just class. Stick zamora with a goalscorer and you'd have a devastating strike partnership. Zamora pulling them out of the air and laying them on and Torres/Van Persie/whoever finishing them.

The next time somebody watches Fulham, just watch Zamora's strength and link-up play then come back and tell me he shouldn't be in the England squad - even if it's just as a different option to what we have.

hes a ok player not brilliant but ok. proving people wrong at the moment with his steak of goals and is a decent target man. wouldnt take him to world cup i think kevin davies would better suited for england.

Taxi for Hodgson. My pick for World Cup Strikers Rooney, Crouch, Defoe, Cole, Owen. with Zamora he scores his goals in batches ie scores 5 in 5 games then wont hit taget for next 15games. With Heskey he has **** scoring records but plus is that he brings in Rooney and Gerrard

I tell you what this man is on a absolute roll. If he is still banging them in in a few weeks then surely he deserves a punt against egypt

I know i was against it but on this form why not, give him 60 minutes and see how he gets on.

3 of the 4 strikers are guaranteed now, but i think he could be a surprise hero if selected (like Hurst...)

Back