Hodgson issues Cup rallying call

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Beleaguered Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson calls on his team to show their true quality by knocking Manchester United out of the FA Cup on Sunday.

More...

You can't even beat Blackburn/Wolves how do you plan on beating the best team in the country at the minute?

Hopefully we can capitalise on their 3-1 loss to Blackburn, which I was surprised at, and get closer to the final.

I wouldn't count on a win though, Liverpool thrive on these occassions, and we were lucky to have Berbatov rolling on all cylinders the last time.

United will destroy them.

In every single way.

I hope we beat them, but without Wayne Berba will play in that second striker role, where we aren't as good, might need some Nani magic to take us over the line.

I couldn't give to ***** about the cup.. I'd rather we got 3 points against Wolves than beat United in this lame *** trophy.

A loss has to be the final nail in Woy's coffin?
and if it is, i'd probably be happy

I couldn't give to ***** about the cup.. I'd rather we got 3 points against Wolves than beat United in this lame *** trophy.

And whoever said the Magic of the Fa Cup was dead.... ;)

It's hardly a lame *** trophy.

I have a terrible feeling we're going to lose.

A loss has to be the final nail in Woy's coffin?
and if it is, i'd probably be happy
I doubt a loss in a game your expected to lose in would make Liverpool sack Woy. Unless you lose by 5or6... :p

This game is irrelevant to whether or not Mr.Hodgson remains as Liverpool manager.

There will be 9000 of us in Castle Greyskull on Sunday. We'll be looking forward to the pre-match entertainment as you turn up the volume of your famous song in an attempt to drown out YNWA.

It could actually be a decent game - Taggart surely won't dare to try playing us on the counter as he'd taken to doing against Rafa's teams will he?

I don't know, Liverpool have a wierd habit of actually turning up when they play us.

You can't even beat Blackburn/Wolves how do you plan on beating the best team in the country at the minute?

Because Liverpool United is a one off game? Form is thrown out the window.

This game is irrelevant to whether or not Mr.Hodgson remains as Liverpool manager.

There will be 9000 of us in Castle Greyskull on Sunday. We'll be looking forward to the pre-match entertainment as you turn up the volume of your famous song in an attempt to drown out YNWA.

It could actually be a decent game - Taggart surely won't dare to try playing us on the counter as he'd taken to doing against Rafa's teams will he?

i think we will play a changed line up tbh, Obertan, Herdanez, maybe even Owen to start...

Beleaguered Liverpool team call on their manager to show some some degree of tactical knowledge ahead of their FA cup tie against Manchester United.

Fix'd the article.

Love the FA cup, and this should be a cracker either way.

Either that, or United roll over 'Pool to the tune of four goals.

You're going to the game?

I do hope your fans don't spit their dummy out if you take another beating.
They really let themselves down last time with the munich chants. It was a tad pathetic to see.

Hopefully be an entertaining game. Roy should really just go for it, not expected to win, probs going after this match. But higher chances of pigs flying than Hosgson actually playing attacking football, especially away from home :S

On current form it should by an easy win for us but games against Liverpool only happen 2/3 times a season so form is usually irrelevant which was shown last season when Liverpool won 2-0 at anfield. I'm going for a 3-1 win which should be Hodgson's last chance.