How Come You Support The Team(s)

Been a Gashead since birth, my dad took me to my first game in 91 when the team were playing at Twerton Park in Bath (vs Stockport I think?!), never looked back since. Despite living on the wrong side of the river I've never even considered supporting the red half.

Watched them win & lose at Wembley, lost 2-1 to Huddersfield in 95 in the 2nd division playoff final, and won 3-1 vs Shrewsbury in 07 in the league 2 playoff final ( one being a happier day than the other of course!!) Can be very frustrating being a Gashead at times but I'll never stop loving them!!!:D

Up The Gas!

Also support Man Utd because my dad has always supported them.

whats is so wrong with him supporting Liverpool? Its not a rule to support your local team you can support anyone you want :S

He can.. There's no law. I just dont think true football fans follow teams that are miles and miles away - Let alone a different country!

I wouldnt call somebody that watches and sings praises of a team a 'supporter' - they follow them. Being a 'Supporter' is somebody that pays to see their team play, hence supporting the club by spending money to go see them play, not watch MOTD and then laugh at friends etc the next day becuase the top four club you follow has beaten the local teams that people you know suppourt.

Because my Dad does, and my Grandad did. I adored my Grandad, he was a great man, he had a season ticket from the 50's up until his death a few years ago. Once my Grandad died, I took on his season ticket and went with my Dad.

born and bred in macclesfield and have always supported macclesfield town fc

Wolverhampton Wanderers because they're my local team.

Wolves - born in the suburb of Graiseley :)

He can.. There's no law. I just dont think true football fans follow teams that are miles and miles away - Let alone a different country!

I wouldnt call somebody that watches and sings praises of a team a 'supporter' - they follow them. Being a 'Supporter' is somebody that pays to see their team play, hence supporting the club by spending money to go see them play, not watch MOTD and then laugh at friends etc the next day becuase the top four club you follow has beaten the local teams that people you know suppourt.
Your opinion is yours to keep but anyone can support any team they wish. If by support you mean FINANCIALLY, then viewership revenue, jerseys & merchandise all take part.

...Could say the same about you and DV (Assuming your signature shows any following towards Barcelona)

Last edited:
Meh; I support Rangers cuz my whole family does on my Dads side, and as a club, no point in denying it, they do cover my political views. Support Airdrie cuz they were at one point my local team, and I did go to games whenever I could :)

Northampton because I live ten minutes from the ground, Man City because as a kid I loved the colours and I never really stopped loving them and Nottingham Forest because my Dad knew Brian Clough, so we went to a lot of the games.

Local team

As for the Nationalmannschaft, you could call that glory hunting.

Manchester united born and bred though all my family support liverpool and i try and tell them but they wont listen

Portsmouth born and bred. Not a fantastic city, but atmospheric none the less. Played for the ATC before now. Havant because they are just down the road and I can go and see the games for free. Loved going to watch them at Anfield. Best experience behind both Portsmouth FA cup Finals.

I follow Arsenal simply because I love/enjoy the football they play.

Just support Chelsea *shrugs shoulders*
Well... they were the second English team I saw back in Nepal, plus everyone either supported Man U or Arsenal and I wanted to be different.. so I started supporting Chelsea

Asides from what I said before, I like the Russian Nation Team.

Just 'cause.

Your opinion is yours to keep but anyone can support any team they wish. If by support you mean FINANCIALLY, then viewership revenue, jerseys & merchandise all take part.

...Could say the same about you and DV (Assuming your signature shows any following towards Barcelona)

Im an Aston Villa fan....... Me having David Villa in my sig doesnt mean I consider myself a Barca fan :S It's a pic of DV.. Not the Barca emblem, being an admirer of a player is a whole different kettle of fish.

Thanks for the comments it's really interstong hearing the srtories haha

Born and bred in the blue side of Glasgow :wub:

Uncle took me to my first match when I was 7 in 2001 against Livingston.

I was born here in Zaragoza and lived here forever.
That's mainly why.

big Leeds fan, from Essex. When i was 6 Leeds were on their way to winning the old divison 1 and i loved the character the club had. i was leeds mad and had everything leeds, wallpaper, clothes, posters, stationary everything leeds! never missed a game on tele and as soon as i passed my driving test i drove that weekend to watch them play at ER. to finally watch the team i love in the flesh was truly amazing... recent years have been tough and ive taken a lot of stick on the banter front but i've been making the trek northwards regularly (and its gettin expensive on fuel) but it's all worth it that little bit more as we're on the rise once again SUPER LEEDS

Born and raised in South London where Arsenal originated and my next door neighbour who actually introduced me to football supported Arsenal.