How do I pronounce that????

• Thread starter Thread starter TheMjt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 18K
IMO the way you are saying it is right. I don't speak Italian, but I highly doubt a 'ch' makes a hard 'k' sound. I could be wrong though.

commentators say it like Gout but with a K... perhaps he's ill

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

what bout Nani?

Nanny
or
Nar-nee

commentators say it like Gout but with a K... perhaps he's ill

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

what bout Nani?

Nanny
or
Nar-nee
I say Nanny.

this thread made me laught and

Solskaer

Sols-skar or Solsk-jar

actually its Solskjaer, which is pronuonced with an Ä, im from sweden and this letter is pronounced like: ae or ea.. and you dont pronounce the kj, its: Sol-schaer.... ps, im from sweden so we have similar pronounciation ds.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

It is actually more like 'oo - zil' or 'uur - zil' with a long 'o' sort of sound. I did German for 2 years ;)

Özil is turkish, so you dont have much use of german there mate :P

It is actually more like 'oo - zil' or 'uur - zil' with a long 'o' sort of sound. I did German for 2 years ;)

Özil is Turkish ;)

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Özil is turkish, so you dont have much use of german there mate :P
That depends whether his father was German or not, of which I am not sure. Regardless, German people would pronounce it how I described. ;)

And for the record he is not Turkish, he is a third-generation Turkish-German. Meaning, he is just as much German as he is Turkish.

Last edited:
That depends whether his father was German or not, of which I am not sure. Regardless, German people would pronounce it how I described. ;)

It is a Turkish name of which I was taught the alphabet a couple of years ago, although I have totally forgot. I'll have to take your word for it ;)

Hello, this is the thread where you say all the names you don't know how to pronounce. For me it would be Edin Dzeko-is it Zay-ko or Zee-ko. I don't know.

If anyone else has anything like this someone may correct you.

Dzeko = JYE-KO

Back