How far away do you live from your teams home?

How far away do you live from your teams home?

• 0-3 miles

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • 3-10 miles

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • 10-30 miles

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • 30-60 miles

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 60-100 miles

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 100-500 miles

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • more than 500 miles

Votes: 15 20.3%

• Total voters
About 30 miles to southampton from bournemouth although i sometimes go to watch bournemouth if the saints are playing away and i cant get there i will watch bournemouth so not even a mile to dean court

2 miles to Dean Court for me.

And how exactly do you know that?
2 have commented one from bosnia and one other, about 6 have commented saying they are 500+ miles so using proportional representation it would be 4/12 so my maths was slightly wrong

2 have commented one from bosnia and one other, about 6 have commented saying they are 500+ miles so using proportional representation it would be 4/12 so my maths was slightly wrong

What about those who haven't commented in the thread, can't they be United fans? It might aswell be 10 as 3.

What about those who haven't commented in the thread, can't they be United fans? It might aswell be 10 as 3.
'using proportional representation' as stated above. its not accurate but its the most accurate an estimate can be.

'using proportional representation' as stated above. its not accurate but its the most accurate an estimate can be.

Btw, only 4 or 5 (counting someone who gave two different estimates) have commented saying 500+, not 6, so your 'proportional representation' can't be very accurate.

Btw, only 4 or 5 (counting someone who gave two different estimates) have commented saying 500+, not 6, so your 'proportional representation' can't be very accurate.
well i'll have to work it out for september, anyway this is a useless debate as i like having worldwide support as long as these fans in asia, africa etc are loyal and wouldn't jump ship in hard times!

well i'll have to work it out for september, anyway this is a useless debate as i like having worldwide support as long as these fans in asia, africa etc are loyal and wouldn't jump ship in hard times!

can i just ask why you like having world wide support?

and are you from manchester?

Money?

And the samples are far too small to assume 3 are United fans. :p I'm fairly sure there's a few Liverpool/Chelsea fans on the board that are out of the country, IIRC.

yeah i'm manc, well born in manchester now live in greater manc in trafford as do man united and i like having support as it:
gets us money (much needed)
gets us reputation
attracts better players

the only negatives are that nearly every fans we face are on the we support out local team hype. its been proven that 80% of our away support have and 'M' postcode (manchester and some parts of greater manchester).

some people believe that manchester contains more city fans than reds due to foreign fans. though things have disproven this argument such as:
http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/12506/1/seasonticketreport - brown1.pdf
and
‪mythbusters !!!! is manchester red or blue ???‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:
Money?

And the samples are far too small to assume 3 are United fans. :p I'm fairly sure there's a few Liverpool/Chelsea fans on the board that are out of the country, IIRC.

Well, we know at least 2 are United fans. There is also one Newcastle and one Arsenal from what I've seen. So from the 8 rest there are bound to be a couple ;)

yeah i'm manc, well born in manchester now live in greater manc in trafford as do man united and i like having support as it:
gets us money (much needed)
gets us reputation
attracts better players

the only negatives are that nearly every fans we face are on the we support out local team hype. its been proven that 80% of our away support have and 'M' postcode (manchester and some parts of greater manchester).

some people believe that manchester contains more city fans than reds due to foreign fans. though things have disproven this argument such as:
http://www.e-space.mmu.ac.uk/e-space/bitstream/2173/12506/1/seasonticketreport - brown1.pdf
and
‪mythbusters !!!! is manchester red or blue ???‬‏ - YouTube

well thats a fair point. I'd just prefer it if my club was good enough and big enough to compete at the highest level without the need for foreign/long distance supporters and the reputation it brings.

Its not just a Manchester United thing, most top level clubs do it, its just more previlent at Manchester United hense the reputation.

For me, and its just a personal opinion, there would be nothing worse for me to do than turn my back on my local team, who need my support and the support of a lot of others to survive, to support a club a distance away from me, probably from an early age.

This is why teams that have survived for years in the lower leagues are crumbling under financial pressure because the 'big' teams (and i cant really find a better word for this) 'poach' the supporters. Its also the fans fault as most just wanna support the best team they can, who are sold the idea of supporting a 'big' team by them having such a high reputation