How good is Drogba really?

• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Might
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 11K

Red_Might

Reaction score
Well, I don't particularly rate him that highly, I think the players around him do most of the work and I haven't seen him score any "wonder" goals.

I was looking at some statistics too :p

Rooney
1. About 7 years younger than Drogba
2. Scored 106 goals (only 26 goals off Drogba)

Torres
1. About 6 years younger than Drogba
2. Scored 138 goals (scored 2 more goals than drogba)

From the above, I can't really see evidence of him being amazing, like most people say he is, what do you think?

Last edited:
this is a non story. simply put didier drogba is one of themost fearsome strikers out there. on his day the man is unstoppable. there isnt a manager in the world who wouldnt want him

I think he has more of a physical impact tbh, if out of who id' want in front of goal, Drogba or Torres then I wouldn't even have to think about it, Torres is twice the player Drogba is.

drogba peaked at a older age proberly about 26-27. but on his day he is definatly unplayable. and as for dont score any wonder goals, his goals against arsenal this season all 4 off them were world class and just take a look on youtube you will see for yourself. plus hes much more of a team player and lays on more assists than rooney and torres.

based on what? they are just as good as each other. drogba is a clinical finished, technically very good. lethal at free kicks. he is the complete forward

i think it would be to do with his previous clubs before chelsea as Rooney started playing for Evertons first team at an early age 16/17 and scoring around 10-15 goals in his first season so he had an advantage of getting a few goals and drogba might not of had the chance to play at that early age or he din't make the sort of impact he might of wanted to but as much as i hate him as a player but yeah he aint bad for an old man :L

spot on. on dont like him, but you have to give the man his dues he is awesome.

Based on Torres being 6 years younger and scoring more goals. For me Torres is the best striker in the world. He has been hit by injury and still scored, is it 18 goals this season?

Drogba for me comes across as a bit of a bully. I prefer Anelka, I think Anelka holds the ball up and creates chances much better than Drogba.

Drogba was a late developer. He has some important goals against big teams like the one against Utd which is basically the title winning goal (even if he was offside (6)) and he has something like 5 goals in 6 Wembley appearances

Based on Torres being 6 years younger and scoring more goals. For me Torres is the best striker in the world. He has been hit by injury and still scored, is it 18 goals this season?

Drogba for me comes across as a bit of a bully. I prefer Anelka, I think Anelka holds the ball up and creates chances much better than Drogba.
to be honest you're probably in the minority in not rating drogba, but i get the feeling that you've already decided hes not that good, no matter what evidence is shown to the contrary

Yeah lol, I was asking what you thought, not that I hadn't made up my mind and needed help in doing so.

I know this maybe slightly harsh in some ways, but I think Chelsea's squad generally is too old (including Drogba) and I think that Arsene Wenger is totally valid in saying that Chelsea bought there way to victory. I mean at least Manchester United use the likes of Fabio, Rafael, Gibson, Macheda, Foster, Nani, Evans, etc... and Arsenal use Ramsey, Walcott, Fabregas, etc...

Yeah lol, I was asking what you thought, not that I hadn't made up my mind and needed help in doing so.

I know this maybe slightly harsh in some ways, but I think Chelsea's squad generally is too old (including Drogba) and I think that Arsene Wenger is totally valid in saying that Chelsea bought there way to victory. I mean at least Manchester United use the likes of Fabio, Rafael, Gibson, Macheda, Foster, Nani, Evans, etc... and Arsenal use Ramsey, Walcott, Fabregas, etc...

you really dont know what your talking about mate. chelsea have youth players they are just doing their trade out on loan and you WILL see them next season. and you cant buy a title its just an easy way for people to use an argument against chelsea.

you really dont know what your talking about mate. chelsea have youth players they are just doing their trade out on loan and you WILL see them next season. and you cant buy a title its just an easy way for people to use an argument against chelsea.

Tbf you support Chelsea, so your not going to agree, but Arsene Wenger is right unfortunatly for Chelsea.

Cech - 27
Ivanovic - 26
Carvalho - 31
Terry - 29
Cole - 29
Essien - 27
Malouda - 29
Ballack - 33
Lampard - 31
Anelka - 31
Drogba - 32

I know there are some execptions like Kalou and Mikel (who have stepped in for the injured Essien and to relieve the pressure on ageing Malouda and Ballack), but who in the above list is below the age of 27?

Drogba has all the aspects to be world class , speed , power , technical ability , athletic , does he perform at world class over a season to me no , there is to much of making a scene out of anything , to much play acting , diving , cheating , arguing with the refs , if he cut out all that **** he'd be one of the best strikers in the world.

Tbf you support Chelsea, so your not going to agree, but Arsene Wenger is right unfortunatly for Chelsea.

Cech - 27
Ivanovic - 26
Carvalho - 31
Terry - 29
Cole - 29
Essien - 27
Malouda - 29
Ballack - 33
Lampard - 31
Anelka - 31
Drogba - 32

I know there are some execptions like Kalou and Mikel (who have stepped in for the injured Essien and to relieve the pressure on ageing Malouda and Ballack), but who in the above list is below the age of 27?
Ivanovic...

He has a personality.

Rooney doesn't.

True lol, you got me. But serioulsy added to the list are Deco, Ferrira, Joe Cole, Belletti, Bosingwa and Alex.

Back