How good is Drogba really?

• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Might
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 11K
Man United and Arsenal bought all those players you mentioned so they must be trying to buy the title as well

Tbf you support Chelsea, so your not going to agree, but Arsene Wenger is right unfortunatly for Chelsea.

Cech - 27
Ivanovic - 26
Carvalho - 31
Terry - 29
Cole - 29
Essien - 27
Malouda - 29
Ballack - 33
Lampard - 31
Anelka - 31
Drogba - 32

I know there are some execptions like Kalou and Mikel (who have stepped in for the injured Essien and to relieve the pressure on ageing Malouda and Ballack), but who in the above list is below the age of 27?
arsene wenger ******* about everything, "my players were tackled too hard, the pitch as too hard. the sun was too bright, i wasnt loved as a child"

Tbf you support Chelsea, so your not going to agree, but Arsene Wenger is right unfortunatly for Chelsea.

Cech - 27
Ivanovic - 26
Carvalho - 31
Terry - 29
Cole - 29
Essien - 27
Malouda - 29
Ballack - 33
Lampard - 31
Anelka - 31
Drogba - 32

I know there are some execptions like Kalou and Mikel (who have stepped in for the injured Essien and to relieve the pressure on ageing Malouda and Ballack), but who in the above list is below the age of 27?

and like i some of these are leaving to make way for younger talent next season. you can almost guarrentee carvalho,deco,ballack,belletti and ferriera could all be out. and replacing are kakuta,hutchinson,cork,mancienne,van aanholt,bruma and one im looking forward to stoch.

Thought this was a thread on Drogba.

and like i some of these are leaving to make way for younger talent next season. you can almost guarrentee carvalho,deco,ballack,belletti and ferriera could all be out. and replacing are kakuta,hutchinson,cork,mancienne,van aanholt,bruma and one im looking forward to stoch.
HIGHLY doubt all those will break through. And get any real first team football. I can see Van Aanholt and Cork breaking through, at least a bit.

Thought this was a thread on Drogba.
Your post wasn't exactly helpful either to the thread.

But yeah, stay on topic please, nobody really cares how old Chelsea's team is tbh.

My point is I don't see any investment in the future for Chelsea because they have an ageing squad and tbh. Wenger is right, they will just spend a rediculous amount of money on another player when one retires or starts going down hill regardless of their age.

HIGHLY doubt all those will break through. And get any real first team football. I can see Van Aanholt and Cork breaking through, at least a bit.

ancelotti has already said he will give these players more first team football next season.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

My point is I don't see any investment in the future for Chelsea because they have an ageing squad and tbh. Wenger is right, they will just spend a rediculous amount of money on another player when one retires or starts going down hill regardless of their age.

did you not see my post??? your just going over and over saying the same thing when im producing evidence.

On his day, didier is one of, if not the best striker in the world. simple as. His past clubs have been le mans, guingamp (never heard of them), and marseille. not exactly teams of quality, and just think of the impact he has on the chelsea team, hes a pretty faultless player, other than his diving sometimes.

And Yeah, rooneys been in the prem from the start of his career, so has plenty of experience at this level.
Torres was in spain, a natural attacking, goalscoring league, and again, he was getting first team footy at a very young age so adjusted to major european leagues.
For Drogba, the french league never was, and isnt exactly a huge major league. hes been in england since 2004 and hes been epic each season so fair play to him ^^)

So In My Opinion Hes Immense (H)
Sorry for the little rant hah

ancelotti has already said he will give these players more first team football next season.
Saying and doing are two very different things. Also, he's Italian. To him youth is 28 Yr old (H)
Ah yes, on topic. Drogba..

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

did you not see my post??? your just going over and over saying the same thing when im producing evidence.
Can you not read?

Stay on topic please, for the 2nd time of asking.

are you here to talk about drogba or just pick a bone about chelsea? youve already said you dont rate drogba now you move on to have a go at the rest of the squad. chelsea are trying to invest in youth, ancellotti as already said how important it is, at the same time they will buy experience, some that united also do, and something that wenger doesnt, which is why he has won a trophy in 6 years

at the end of the day drogab does it for chelsea. when comes to the big games he shines, just ask arsenal hes scored 10 times against them

They aren't really good enough to play for Chelsea though are they? Ancelotti will say that to remove the criticisim of him having such an old squad, but in reality he will probably just buy a load of new players because Abramovich wants the Champions League.

Can you not read?

Stay on topic please, for the 2nd time of asking.

im sorry but im not the only one going off topic, its just stupid when someone keeps going on about something when i have proved other wise.

Nah, he's joint top scorer in the Prem by being *****. :)

Grow up, Torres may be a better goal scorer than Drogba, but when it comes down to it, I would always want a striker that can play 90% of a season compared to 20%.

red_might, i think most people have said their piece on just how good he is, but i think you are just here to knock him and chelsea as a whole.

im just glad that he only has two seasons left in him at best. hes record against united isnt as devastating as his one against arsenal, but he still massively unnverves me every time he's on the ball against us. World class striker, pure and simple

Back