How good is Drogba really?

• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Might
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 186
  • Views Views 11K
Anyone that says Drogba isn't world class is on crack.

Simples.

Can this just be closed, I can't believe anyone can question Drogba's quality :S

The only criticism I have about his game is that he's a bit of a donkey with the ball at his feet - Never under complete control. Other than that, he's world class and one of the best in the world.

Yeah I was about to say this is an absoutely ridiculous thread.

To the OP, as for "wondergoals" go have a look at his goals against Liverpool and Everton. Both are simply amazing, the Liverpool one is one of my favourite goals.

He's had one amazing season and all of a sudden he's world class lol?

2008/2009 season - he scored 5 goals
2007/2008 season - he scored 8 goals

For Torres

2008/2009 season - 14 goals
2007/2008 season - 24 goals

For Rooney

2008/2009 season - 12 goals
2007/2008 season - 12 goals

This pretty much cancels out the arguement that he hasn't been in the right league/at the right club.

i love him his been my favourite player since he arrived at the bridge and he does everything right apart from dive and go to the ground easily other then that he is a monster of a forward who allways has jamie carragher in his back pocket

For Torres

For Rooney

This pretty much cancels out the arguement that he hasn't been in the right league/at the right club.

one amazing season ???

2006/2007: 33 goals you missed that season on purpose most likely aye ??

True, but it's lacking consistency. Rooney and Torres are constantly getting a lot of goals. Plus, Drogba got 20 goals not 33 according to the stats on the premier league website.

True, but it's lacking consistency. Rooney and Torres are constantly getting a lot of goals.

really well when else has rooney scored more then 30 goals a season other then this one ?? yes rooneys a world class striker but then so is drogba i love em both rooney is the only man utd player i like and i think best striker in the world but it dont mean drogba is **** does it ??

When did I say that Didier Drogba is ****? I have said I don't rate him highly and I don't think he's world class. It's not about getting 30 goals a season, Drogba got 20 not 33. Rooney and Torres have shown consistency in geting a descent amount per season not 20, then 8, then 5 and then 25 or however many it is.

For Torres

For Rooney

were are you gettin these stats from?oO)

When did I say that Didier Drogba is ****? I have said I don't rate him highly and I don't think he's world class. It's not about getting 30 goals a season, Drogba got 20 not 33. Rooney and Torres have shown consistency in geting a descent amount per season not 20, then 8, then 5 and then 25 or however many it is.

drogba got 20 in the prem 33 in all competitions and any player who isnt world class i doubt could score over 30s goal for a big club like chelsea and also then few seasons after he had a great season he was injured for most of the two so how could he keep up the scoring ??

He's scored 127 goals in 258 games mate. Can't even argue about the ratio.

But then he scored 8 goals and then 5 goals, where's the consistency and he didn't lack appearences or anyting?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

He's scored 127 goals in 258 games mate. Can't even argue about the ratio.

Where did you get that statistic from?

But then he scored 8 goals and then 5 goals, where's the consistency and he didn't lack appearences or anyting?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Where did you get that statistic from?

well after mourinho left drogba went through that dodgy patch aswell where he didnt wanna play for chelsea and didnt look bothered on the pitch and scolari arriving didnt help the matter which made him not want to perform even more and neither did most of the squad but when hiddink came along he gradually started scoring again and it looks like he gets on with ancelotti and now is back to his best

Injury and a fall out with Scolari? He didn't play too often under him but when Hiddink took over he was on fire.

Back