How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

i installed with steam using a disc

in my (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011) folder i only have uninstall fm 11and a fm11 text doc :(

in my (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps) i only have a common folder (with only fm10 in it), source mods folder (which is empty) and winui.gfc file

help please i dont want to play untill i sort this out :'(

should i delete everything in the 1100 or just everything in the inc folder

i installed with steam using a disc

in my (C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011) folder i only have uninstall fm 11and a fm11 text doc :(

in my (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps) i only have a common folder (with only fm10 in it), source mods folder (which is empty) and winui.gfc file

help please i dont want to play untill i sort this out :'(
anyone?

When you update the game you will have to delete the files again from the updates' folder. For the 11.1 patch they should be located here:

Steam:
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\ all

Non Steam:
Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc\all

What each file does:
fake.lnc - Disables the German national team and player pictures for the Dutch and French national teams
lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc - Changes some competition names from Denmark, Sweden, France due to licensing
nleague.lnc - Disables Chinese, Japanese and South Korean national teams and changes club names, stadium names ect. due to licensing

I've done this on the non-steam (i.e. deleted the 3 files and re-started a game) and there is no change - the usual stuff is still blocked - what am I missing?

I use windows 7 and i can't find Steam:
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\ all
any idea's

Done this with previous FM's and it worked right away. However less succesful this time around. Previously upon deleting the files and starting a new game the Germany team was sorted instantly, however despite deleting these files I've still got the team full of generated fake ones. Does it take the announcement of a squad now to fix this or is there something else that could possibly need doing? (i.e maybe the extra files fake.edt?)

Cheers

On Windows 7 I found the files using this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011

You can then click on FM2011 and subsequentky DB ad Updates to delete the fake files.

I use the disk.

Hope this helps...

I have deleted the 3 neccessary files in the 'all folder' but my Germnay team is still not the real team. I have tried restarting my pc after deleting the files but still the same. Any ideas what I could try to get this working?

Will deleting them change the name of the euro cup to europa league etc?

I have the same problem Jak, I'm thinking it's because I can only find one db folder and it's 1100 and theres not one for the updated database.

I have the same problem Jak, I'm thinking it's because I can only find one db folder and it's 1100 and theres not one for the updated database.

I'm agreeing with this and glad I'm not the only one but surely someone knows what the problem is that we're having as further up this forum people seem to have it sorted??????

I have deleted the 3 neccessary files in the 'all folder' but my Germnay team is still not the real team. I have tried restarting my pc after deleting the files but still the same. Any ideas what I could try to get this working?

Found it!!!

Check here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc\all

Maybe StuW is kind enough to add this to the OP.

Last edited:
Found it!!!

Check here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc\all

Maybe StuW is kind enough to add this to the OP.

CorvetteC3 - I think a few of us have found this but the point is its not changing anything for us!! Has it actaully worked for you when you did it??

Yes it has. I've deleted the files in both locations and started another game just to check it. Michael Ballack captain and all.

Just need to go here

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110

Yes it has. I've deleted the files in both locations and started another game just to check it. Michael Ballack captain and all.
Still not happening for me. Before I started any game I downloaded the latest patch - is it maybe something to do with me needing to delete it from the default as well as the patch? If so, I can't find where those files would be on the default as 'updates\update-1110' seem to have replaced any default.....

This is the first time in all the years I've played FM that I haven't been able to fix this

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Still not happening for me. Before I started any game I downloaded the latest patch - is it maybe something to do with me needing to delete it from the default as well as the patch? If so, I can't find where those files would be on the default as 'updates\update-1110' seem to have replaced any default.....

This is the first time in all the years I've played FM that I haven't been able to fix this

Ah yes cheers guys :D Can't believe didn't cross my mind there would be an updates data section and it would be in there, awkward on my behalf. Thanks again Corvette!

Muzzi if you're on steam it's here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc

Ah yes cheers guys :D Can't believe didn't cross my mind there would be an updates data section and it would be in there, awkward on my behalf. Thanks again Corvette!

Muzzi if you're on steam it's here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc

that worked!! It's so obvious now! Thanks for posting the path to get there. Thanks Corvette for telling us about it :D

Thanks a million!! Thought I'd never get there but after deleting it from 3 different places its finally working and I can finally enjoy the game

I can't find the folders, I'm using Windows 7 and Steam . Can someone help please :)