How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

Having the same problem, on my second season worked fine until this morning, first time I played with the new patch, I know the update reapplies the files, but didn't think it would actually reinsert the grey players, now the question is, anyway to fix this ? It really sucks that you can fix it for a new game but if they're going to mess up every save game after every patch, that just ain't fun

No way, it does not even fix it in a new game! :mad:

Okay, I thought I was done with this but seems not...

Anyone have any idea why, afer I deleted all the necessary files and eventually got this working, loaded up a game (with the new patch) and was nice and happy, I then loaded up another game on the patch again and I'm back to the same problem - i.e. no Germany, Japan etc.

I didn't change anything from when I originally got it working, its bizarre to me so can't wait for an answer please......

you need to delete all the files in the all folder of inc and then go into the edt file and delete the file that says fake and team holland

you need to delete all the files in the all folder of inc and then go into the edt file and delete the file that says fake and team holland

CT, like I already said, its been done. I've deleted them from all necessary files, in total I've actually deleted 9 files!!! I said its already worked for me in one game on v.11.1 but when I try another game on 11.1 its not working so its not the standard problem that I'm having

Its really strange because I've never known such a problem in previous years. I just tried loading up a defauly database game and its working but everytime I try a 11.1 version its not working even though the current game that I have running on 11.1 did work. If you or anyone else does find a similar problem please do let me know

Thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

GOT IT!!!! Well hopefully I have it this time, seems there was a 4th place for me to delete those 3 ****** files from

For people using steam on windows Vista 64bit, this is the folder path for the file location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\db\1100\lnc\all

Like others have mentioned, I am also seeing the German national team full of fake players after the first international friendly selection (8 August). This is despite deleting all of the appropriate files in both locations, starting a new game, and seeing the team full of real players at the beginning (and indeed, up until 8 August). Been playing around with a few things to see if I can get to the bottom of this. Loaded up a new game as manager of Germany, and when 8 August rolls around, *** Man recommends a two-man squad of Khedira and Ozil. I can still pick as normal. Not sure what this means, but thought I'd pass it along.

Do I have to start a new game for this to take effect or can it do it halfway through a game.

Yep same problem for me.

I deleted all the usual files and started a new game (before the hotfix). Checked it and it worked but just checked again and now all the Germany players are fake. Must of been something to do with the hotfix. The files are still deleted.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have Mac and Wilsonrtf is correct.

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/football manager 2011 (or whatever year you're playing)
what I'm suppose to do? Plz explain in detail plz mate

So I started another game, playing in Belgium while waiting for someone to figure out this Germany issue so i can return to my Germany save. And I hit the 1st Euro qualifier in September. And of course, Germany and Belgium are playing, so I decide to check on the German squad in this save. Real team. Odd. So I check the friendly against Denmark from August -- all fake except players playing outside of Germany (Ozil, Khedira, and Hildebrand). So I started a new game with only the Bundesliga loaded and went on holiday for a year. The first friendly was still almost all fake players. Every other game, including friendlies, were the proper team. Can anyone else confirm my findings?

Do I have to start a new game for this to take effect or can it do it halfway through a game.
You need to start a new game to take the effect

@robsfc- you need to delete the file inside where it says 1100 because it's the new patch.

Had deleted the files prior to the patch, but since the hotfix the german team has gone back to being greyed out, as the patch was save game compatable does that mean there is no way to get the german team back now?

i deleted all three files and it still doesnt have a real clickable german squad, only the greyed out generated ones, no lahm, schweinsteiger muller etc etc...

any help?

Did you delete the .lnc files in the patch folder as well?
When you update the game you will have to delete the files again from the updates' folder. For the 11.1 patch they should be located here:

Steam:
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\all

Non Steam:
Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc\all

What each file does:
fake.lnc - Disables the German national team and player pictures for the Dutch and French national teams
lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc - Changes some competition names from Denmark, Sweden, France due to licensing
nleague.lnc - Disables Chinese, Japanese and South Korean national teams and changes club names, stadium names ect. due to licensing

I faced the exact same problem too, deleted all the fake files before starting a new game and everything was fine. After downloading the hotfix, i realized the japan and german national team had no real players in it. Went to the steam/update folder to delete the fake files and loaded my game and it still does not work. Has anyone been in the same situation as me and actually resolved this problem?

NON-STEAM
Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 > data > db > 1100 > Inc > all

I did all of this but I'm playing the demo because I can't get the full game until Christmas but there is no data file for the vanilla pc demo . There is a db but there also isn't 1100 file =|