How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

its not going to change as I have tried to add a new manager and make them take over Germany.......they and Japan not appearing in the nations list so it seems once you verify game it repairs/adds missing files to your save forcing you to revert back to original settings

Last edited:
Playing on Steam in Windows, I deleted all of the files in all of the places, every update just to be sure.
It's now working fine when I start a new game, can manage Germany fine :)
Thanks mate!

yes it would appear you have to start a new game.....................which is a total pain as I am well into my current save I cant understand how verifying the game can effect the save in that I made sure the files required to be removed were done before I re started my save

How to get the German national team on Football Manager 2011 Mac and Steam

I have the solution for Mac Steam users which is to open up steam and fm11 (via steam) it will then appear in the dock. Then click 'keep on dock' and close both. Fm11 is now in the dock control/right click and choose 'show in finder' this reveals the 'steam app' folder that you can't find if you search for it in find. Then simply do what it says at the top of the page :MAC

Steam:
Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\all

then delete all the files there (as said at the top of the page)

Last edited:
I done this and it hasn't worked... on patch 11.3, suggestions?

it should have a 1200 folder after you got the second patch and a 1300 folder after you get the third patch

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\updates
Change to program files if not using windows 7, should be where you'll then find the folders again under update-1100/1200/1300

How about a Steam user on a Mac? Because the folder "SteamApps" doesn't exist at all. I've had this problem that I haven't been able to fix with FM2010 either. There is no folder that contains game data at all, just the folder that is created that you can use to edit or add faces/kits/etc.

I haven't seen this concern addressed at all, really.

found the path for mac steam users...in finder (your username)>library>app support>steam>steam apps... then continue with the walkthrough above! and it works 4 me come on!!!

I can choose Germany but i can not choose Japan.

I saw their players in National team (They are not grey) but i can't take control of the team, i deleted all lnc files in all update and 11.0 data folders.

Last edited:
please help

I download fm 11 from steam.. patch 11.3 ...please help me find the folder

I know everyone keeps posting it, but i seriously can not find the folders at all..

Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1100\db\1100\Inc\all

can someone from the beginning on a mac show me how to find these files??

please, thanks

I download fm 11 from steam.. patch 11.3 ...please help me find the folder

I know everyone keeps posting it, but i seriously can not find the folders at all..

can someone from the beginning on a mac show me how to find these files??

please, thanks

Hope this will help

Go to finder
User (the icon that is a house)
Library
Preferences
Sports Interactive
Football Manager 2011
Version 11001
db
default there should be two folders here with "fake" files in them

For the 11.3.0 Update follow this C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1130\db\1130\lnc\all

Last edited:
I deleted that folder and I see germany but not Japan..