How To Play as German and Japan National Teams.

The path for steam version given in the OP is wrong StuW this is the right path for steam

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2011\data\db\1100\lnc\all

is it in program files cause there is no steam folder or is it in program files (x86)?????

I use windows 7 not sure...

I use windows 7 not sure...

i use it aswell, cant find them folders on steam

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\db\1100\lnc\all

this is where i deleted the files. but its still the same, i still cantt manage germany. can anyone help

Right what patch do you use?

well i had it for crimbo, so i use 11.2.0 partch.

i have done this but i cannot play as the german team

the german team has real players but i cannot play as them

YOU DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES.........

Just delete fake.Inc and nleague.Inc files from folders 1110 and 1120 ONLY.....

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

can someone help me i dont have a 'data' file?!

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120

delete fake.Inc and nleague.Inc folders ONLY from both updates

as tharros said clearly just go where he said and delete the files in all your update file folders too.

YOU DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES.........

Just delete fake.Inc and nleague.Inc files from folders 1110 and 1120 ONLY.....
I'm sorry but you should delete all of them in all folders just to be sure. The lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc is a fake file as well, as I stated on the first page.
These .lnc files are in no way vital files, so it is not possible to muck up your game in any way.

as tharros said clearly just go where he said and delete the files in all your update file folders too.
Thank you :)

after downloading the new 11.3 update my germany national team has disappeared again.. ive deleted the fake files but does this mean i have to start a new game to get the national team back.. i am using the same save ive been using for about a month now so the team has disappeared in the middle of my save

It is empty inside my Sports Interactive Folder and all my football manager documents. Am using 11.3 non steam on Windows 7

I seem to have the same problem. I started a couple of new careers after installing the newest patch 11.3. First I played with Lille and everything works perfectly. Germany team is as it should be.
Then I started another one with Dortmund and at first everthing works fine, but somehow the Germany first team disappears and the only real players left are the ones who play outside Germany (Özil, Khedira). The U21 and U19 teams are ok too. This is weard.

I had to verify the game with steam re an issue with the game crashing once pressing play(graphic /sound issue) this is resolved;)

However having removed all the required files before starting my save and obviously the real german team was there.......now its back to greyed out players(and I did remove all the files again after game had verified itself befor restarting my save)..............this is a total pain as it seems if you have to verify game/or get it a steam update it will add back the files you took out and effect your save

I have even set steam not to automatically update...but every time I shut down m pc steam restarts setting itself to update auto!!!!!!

NOT ON:S

Last edited:
I had to verify the game with steam re an issue with the game crashing once pressing play(graphic /sound issue) this is resolved;)

However having removed all the required files before starting my save and obviously the real german team was there.......now its back to greyed out players(and I did remove all the files again after game had verified itself befor restarting my save)..............this is a total pain as it seems if you have to verify game/or get it a steam update it will add back the files you took out and effect your save

I have even set steam not to automatically update...but every time I shut down m pc steam restarts setting itself to update auto!!!!!!

NOT ON:S
Well, if you have deleted the fake files again for 11.3 then the German national team should get its real players back once the next call up occurs.

but why have they reverted to grey???? I removed files pre re starting the save surely there shouldnt be any change

just checked I'm in November and germany have no games until February so will have to wait and see

Last edited: