How to score 30+ Goals a season from Set-Pieces

dhurley

Reaction score
Corners :

Obviously with tall players with great Heading, Jumping and Strength stats will help you alot

This is how you will need to set up

Cross aim : near post
Stay Back : 2 players
Lurk outside area : 3 players
Stand on far post: 2 player
Offer short option: 1 player (this will bring a defender out of position)
Attack near post : 1 player ( This will be your goal scorer, Make sure he is tall and has good Heading, Jumping and Strength)
Challenge Keeper : 1 player (again make sure this player is tall and has good finishing)

How to get 3 players Lurking Outside Area

Basically don't use the set piece wizard, when you use it to set up your players it will only allow 1 player to lurk outside the box. so what you need to do to have 3 is go to Tactics, then Player, then click on the position you want to set a role to.

View attachment 317783

Throw In

Now throws are more difficult to score from, but they do give you about 15 goals a season, which could be vital goals

Left side: Long
Right side: Long

Forward: 4 players
Stay back: 2 players
Lurk outside area: 2 players
Come short: 1 player ( if you are playing with wingers, for throws on the left, make your left sided winger come short, same for the right side, make your right winger come short)
Near post: 1 player (This will be your goal scorer, Make sure he is tall and has good Heading, Jumping and Strength. Sometimes he flicks on to other players to score)

And again, to get more thank 1 player lurking outside the area, use the above method.

Make sure your throw in taker has Long throw stat of atleast 18

Freekick

i have not yet found a good way to score from freekicks, i will update if i find a way or if someone has any tips please let me know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_1uEgE_wxo - Preview of how well this works

It would be great to get some feedback to see how this help you. Also this is my first real post so feedback on that would also be great

GOODLUCK

Last edited:
is it 15 goals from corner and 15 goals from throw ins?
Or is it 30 goals from corner and 15 goals from throw in?
is it with the new patch?

is it 15 goals from corner and 15 goals from throw ins?
Or is it 30 goals from corner and 15 goals from throw in?
is it with the new patch?

i would say about 20-25 from corners, throw ins are a bonus. thats why i put 30+

not being mean but this has been done before someone else's idea's i think.

Not only that you also posting this in every single subforums. In a couple you post this multiple times. Stop spamming.

Not only that you also posting this in every single subforums. In a couple you post this multiple times. Stop spamming.

i posted it in 2... not "every single" one, only reaon i did that was because i don't know how to delete threads of change the location of it

So basically same as last year...

not really to be honest, they actually fixed the near post thing this year, the difference with his is that the person who comes short and the 3 lurking outside the area move defenders away making more space for the near post

not really to be honest, they actually fixed the near post thing this year, the difference with his is that the person who comes short and the 3 lurking outside the area move defenders away making more space for the near post

That was the one in most versions last year, some variations had all player bar the stand on back post, keeper challenge, outside the box.

but nice work on the thrown versions, people never really try to work those out i'll give em a go.

That was the one in most versions last year, some variations had all player bar the stand on back post, keeper challenge, outside the box.

but nice work on the thrown versions, people never really try to work those out i'll give em a go.

Yeah, they did make it harder to score but there wasnt much to change. and good luck with the throws, i had really good success with it

can you upload the tactic with your instructions please. thank you