Hugh Keevins says Celtic kids brought up to believe ref bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolped7

Reaction score
Hugh Keevins wrote in his column at the Daily Record yesterday:

"Every child born into a Celtic family is taught their club is unique because they have to beat the other side and the ref."

This has been met by outrage from many Celtic fans - men, women and children alike - and this has been shown on Clyde 1's football phone-in tonight. I just wanted to see what many of you thought about Keevins' comments, and whether the rage amongst Celtic fans is justified.

The original article: http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/hughkeevins/2010/11/stop-the-war-now.html

The rage is not justified because every time Celtic fail to win they blame the ref from the chairmen down to the fans it is a shame on the refs tbh they are only human and there job is one of the hardest about

The rage is not justified because every time Celtic fail to win they blame the ref from the chairmen down to the fans it is a shame on the refs tbh they are only human and there job is one of the hardest about

This thread is nothing to do with the refs, it's about Keevins' comments. I meant 'is the rage over his comments justified?'

i am a celtic fan and have never listened to anything hugh keevens ever says. He talks *****. He does it to stir up trouble thats all. Hes scotlands version of Andy gray talks a lot and knows **** all.

The only way he would know anything about what a Celtic fan is brought up to believe is if he was a Celtic fan. And he clearly isn't if he's making ignorant comments like that.

you really havent looked at the artilce have you? it said celtic fans all believe that the refs are against them in every game. I personally dont believe refs have it in for celtic.

No i don't think they are justified and Andy Gray is Scottish

Would you be angry if Hugh Keevins accused your parents of drumming notions of bias into your head?

Punctuation, s'il vous plait.

And of course we're angry, though I'm certainly not condoning the death threats. I remember watching a Norwegian documentary about the Old Firm and even the neutral Norwegian was aghast at the refeereing (this was last year). The differences will even out over a season, but we've been unlucky against Rangers with a lot of the decisions, and they are naturally a lot more important.

Not really i would take it with a pinch of salt if you think he is talking ***** just ignore it

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

lol lol really would never guessed, i meant in terms of football he works in england and he knows **** all about football.

Being a former pro i think he knows a bit more about the game than your good self (6)

A pinch of salt? Well, I suppose you can't really picture the situation unless it had happened, but it's ignorant comments like Keevins' ones that irritate. Fair enough, he might not rile you up, but he annoyed me with a needless comment on a subject he knows nothing about.

Not really i would take it with a pinch of salt if you think he is talking ***** just ignore it
allways have he just makes stupid comments. only commented on this as thought it was funny he wrote this story.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Being a former pro i think he knows a bit more about the game than your good self (6)
andy Gray knows *****. Last year he was commenting on the chelsea game and i quote " Eto would have been offside if is it wasnt for cole playing him onside" i mean serriouly you get paid to say that on telly wtf

andy Gray knows *****. Last year he was commenting on the chelsea game and i quote " Eto would have been offside if is it wasnt for cole playing him onside" i mean serriouly you get paid to say that on telly wtf

He was clearly stating who was playing him onside

He was clearly stating who was playing him onside
lol lol really, but i mean come on thats like saying that wouldnt have been a goal if the striker hadnt put the ball in the back of the net. He is stating something that really doesnt need to be stated. The guy is a joke. anyway back on topic. Keevens only ever says this to try and wind people up so they will call in and he makes more money casue he stirss up trouble.

1. Hugh Keevins has frequently repeated he was brought up a Celtic fan.
2. He knows form experience, he comes from a Celtic background in Glasgow's east-end.
3. Andy Gray is a fantastic pundit, and for you to say he knows nothing about football is preposterous. You didn't even know he was a Scotsman and he has also won several Scottish awards for punditry.

There's one this that justify's everything. they support celtic

1. Hugh Keevins has frequently repeated he was brought up a Celtic fan.
2. He knows form experience, he comes from a Celtic background in Glasgow's east-end.
3. Andy Gray is a fantastic pundit, and for you to say he knows nothing about football is preposterous. You didn't even know he was a Scotsman and he has also won several Scottish awards for punditry.

1 & 2: (Which are the same point really) i was brought up in a celitc family and didnt experience this oO)
3: He knew he was Scottish as he pointed out. Grey is not great tbh but has nothing to do with this topic

1 & 2: (Which are the same point really) i was brought up in a celitc family and didnt experience this oO)
3: He knew he was Scottish as he pointed out. Grey is not great tbh but has nothing to do with this topic

He's not mentioned your experience at all, only his.
And, he also said he would never would have guessed Gray was Scottish.
So, that what was there if you had read the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.