Huntly rising through the NEW Scottish leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K

Mr_Grieves

Reaction score
DatabaseNew Scottish Football System - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

Following a meeting of IKing98 and the SFL the entire Scottish football system has FINALLY been restructured to a proper league.

The biggest benefactors are the set to be the Highland League and West of Scotland league teams who may now finally recognized as teams in the Scottish league and can progress through there football structure to the top. Cove, and Buckie Thistle join division 2 with Devernonvale, Fraserborgh, Nairn and HUNTLY the luck ones getting into division 3.

History
Season 1 -
2nd in division 3, promoted through play-offs
Season 2 - Division 2 Winner, Challenge Cup Winner
Season 3 - 5th in division 1, promoted through play-offs
Season 4 - 9th in SPL. 49 points
Season 5 - 7th in SPL. 55 points
Season 6 - 4th in SPL. 70 points, Scottish Cup Winners
Season 7 - 1st in SPL. 87 points, Scottish Cup Winners
Season 8 - 1st in SPL. 81 points
Season 9 -

Trophy count

2 - SPL Winner - 2017/18, 2018/19
1 - Division 2 Winner - 2012/13
1 - Challenge Cup Winner - 2012/13
2 - Scottish Cup Winners - 2016/17, 2017/18

4 - Manager of the year - 2011/12, 2012/13, 2013/14, 2018/19

Last edited:
Season 1 2011/12

No sign of Jamil Adam but made a few signing.

Natuarally every position is very weak and with minimal funds everyone i buy will be on a free this season and perhaps well beyond.

Players over the whole squad was the target so got Dave McEwan in goals, Found Antons Kurkins of latvia who will be a gem of a signing, Likewise with Alejandro Caiaffa Formerly of Livingstone and ex Aberdeen youngster Anthony Bolger. Hoped to find more players but most joined other teams but even more just werent interested.

Have to get through the leagues asap to take the club on, Top flight challange by season 10 is my minimum target.

So with that i want a promotion which to be safe means a league victory.

August

60 season tickets sold to the hardy bunch at Christie park
League cup draws us in a possible TV match with Inverness CT
After a dominating start we stuttered against Nairn then fell badly against the mighty Crichton at there hospital park.
3rd division player of the month is Anthony Bolger
3rd division young player of the month is Kurakins

Huntly 4-1 Abbey Vale
Gauld, Bolger 2, Davidson

Huntly 3-1 Clydebank - Scottish League Challenge cup 1st round
Booth, Naismith, Davidson

Clydebank 2-4 Huntly
Bolger, Booth 2, Naismith

Huntly 0-0 Nairn County

Crichton 2-1 Huntly
Gauld

Happy enough with the start considering how close we are to the real Huntly squad and were in the playoffs.

Last edited:
September

Out of the Scottish cup in our first game. Played with mostly back up players and had two players sent off.
Also lost 3-0 to Inverness CT in the League cup but no shame in that, especially getting 50% possession
Dominated Arthurlie to end there 100% record leaving a shimmer of light that we might get towards automatic promotion
Bolger religated to young player of the month in September

Huntly 4-0 Preston Athletic
Bolger 2, Kurakins, Whelan

Tynecastle 0-4 Huntly
Whelan, Caiaffa, Davidson 2

Auchinleck 2-1 Huntly
Bolger

Huntly 0-3 Linlithgow - Scottish cup 2nd qualifying round

Inverness CT 3-0 Huntly - Scottish League cup 2nd round

Arthurlie 0-1 Huntly
Gauld

View attachment 246154

October

Bolger turned into a monster this month having what must be the greatest month in football manager history scoring 16 goals in 4 games he played this month getting a 10* rating twice then shocks the world by getting player of the month with a ave rating of 9.77.

Back up team sneaked past Berwick in the challenge cup then drew Irvine Meadows in the Semis
Gap at the top down to 2 points as we go on a unbeaten run
Meanwhile i pick up my 1st manager of the month award.

Huntly 4-2 Wigtown & Bladnoch
Bolger 3, Davidson

Huntly 5-1 Edinburgh University
Bolger 5

St Cuthbert 0-4 Huntly
Davidson, Bolger 3

Huntly 1-0 Berwick - Challenge Cup 2nd round
O'G

Huntly 5-1 Deveronvale
Bolger 5

Only you Darran. lol. Why not the Loco's. Anywho good luck

im from huntly mate :) so ill be following good luck your gna need alot of it haha

Only you Darran. lol. Why not the Loco's. Anywho good luck

The Loco's still arent assigned to a league and i hate the Loco's.

I was originally from Huntly Kris, Didnt think there would be anyone else that had been drove past Huntly never mid lived there Iceman362 haha

I was originally from Huntly Kris, Didnt think there would be anyone else that had been drove past Huntly never mid lived there Iceman362 haha

I didnt realise you were from Huntly! There is no chance of me setting up a database with Pitcaple United lol. Oh and I have been in Huntly before ............. obviously.

yeah i dont think many ppl know much about huntly or pitcaple lol both are small places with nothing to do lol bt ive got this database aswell now mate so im gna try nd make the team the talk of the town nd be playin champions league in 15 years i hope lol

yeah i dont think many ppl know much about huntly or pitcaple lol both are small places with nothing to do lol bt ive got this database aswell now mate so im gna try nd make the team the talk of the town nd be playin champions league in 15 years i hope lol

The race is on!

November

Wow you wanted a boring month then here it is, Two 0-0 draws and a comfortable home win.

Beith 0-0 Huntly

Huntly 3-1 Edinburgh City
Bolger 2, Caiffa

Fraserburgh 0-0 Huntly

15 games means were halfway through the season and were right in the fight for the title. Arthurlie have lead all the way so far but since we beat them they have looked less dominating. Safely 7 points inside the playoff spots.

1st half capitulation against Nairn gives us our first defeat in a long time
Apparently unlucky in defeat but still defeat in the challenge cup Quarter final

Huntly 4-0 Clydebank
Bolger, Summers, Naismith, Guild

Abbey Vale 0-1 Huntly
Thoirs

Nairn County 3-1 Huntly
Gauld

Huntly 0-1 Irvine Meadow - Challenge cup Q/F

We got to the top of the table but have played a game more than Arthurlie so will hopefully find some players in January to help with my title challenge.

January

Looks like were in for a few quiet months as the season wares on with only 2 or 3 league games for each month of the season.
Second half horror show as we threw away a 1-0 lead against Tyncastle then never threatened a second.
Bolger injured for two weeks but was 100% fit by the time our match came round.

Huntly 5-0 Crichton
Davidson 2, Naismith 2, Caiaffa

Preston Athletic 1-3 Huntly
Bolger, Scanlon, Clark

Huntly 1-2 Tyncastle
Bolger

Two points clear at the end of the month. Every match is crucial now

View attachment 246358

Transfer Window
Big money transfers
Real Madrid bought Adil Rami £21.5m and Lewandowski £15m while his Dortmund team mate Hummels joined Barcelona £20m.
The new Rangers consortium splashed the cash buying a new strike force Vaclav Kadlec for £8m and Jordan Rhodes £6.5m

Huntly also strengthen during the window

In goals my assistant was determined i should drop Dave McEwan so i got Rangers reject Gary Ingles in for the rest of the season.
Another SPL youth reject Ryan Scanlon adds to my midfield
Joining from the Polish workforce is promising defensive player Kamil Wiktorski, My favorite of the bunch.

The final part of the SPL reject club is Lacine Cherif who i thought was better than he was but should still do the trick in this league.

Leaving after these players joined were Goalkeeper Scott Goodbrand, Mark Gray and Paul McCarthy all on a free

February

Huntly 1-1 Auchinleck
Gauld

Wigtown & Blandoch 0-2 Huntly
O'G. Bolger

All level at the top of the table. Our form has to improve as we've slowly been getting worse as the games have dried up. Tried keeping the boys fresh by playing a few reserve games.

Title battle between Huntly and Arthurlie postponed due to there challenge cup semi finals
When the match is finally played we were again beaten having took the lead then offered nothing in the second half.
After a goal drought Bolger is dropped to give Cherif a chance up front
90th Minute winner from Caiaffa against Deveronvale just about keeps our title challenge alive.

Edinburgh University 1-3 Huntly
Gauld, Davidson, Naismith

Huntly 1-2 Arthurlie
Caiaffa

Huntly 2-1 St Cuthberts
Cherif, Gauld

Deveronvale 0-1 Huntly
Caiaffa

1 Point behind with 3 games to go. We just have to win every game and hope!!!!!

April

Extremely lucky to escape from Edinburgh City with a point after another woeful display leaves us needing a big big favor from our highland league buddy's Devronvale in the last game and we must beat Fraserburgh

Huntly 4-1 Beith
Scanlon, Davidson, Clark, Bolger

Edinburgh City 1-1 Huntly
O'G

View attachment 246651

Final game of the season

Still all up for grabs but i thinks we've let automatic promotion slip away. MUST win and Arthurlie must loose.
Team news injury fest strikes. 3 of my first choice defenders out for our big game

Huntly 0-1 Fraserburgh

1st half
0-0 in Arthurlie however a Fraserburgh goal after 13 minutes put our challenge in major jeopardy.

2nd half
76th minute was the final decisive moment in the title battle
Huntly score but the goal is disallowed meanwhile Arthurlie take the lead against Deveronvale to end the league on a major low with a awful performance.

View attachment 246652

Onto the Playoffs and i have NO optimism of getting through here.​

Division 3 Play Offs

All the teams that made the play offs were highland league based teams

Draw
Fraserburgh V Nairn
Huntly V Deveronvale​

Playoff semi final 1st leg
Huntly 2-0 Deveronvale
Davidson, O'G

A very close and even match up where our quality of finishing gave us the advantage going into the second leg

Playoff semi final 2nd leg
Deveronvale 0-1 Huntly
Bolger
AGG Huntly 3-0 Deveronvale

A Solid performance see's us make it to the final

Other semi final result
Fraserburgh 1-0 Nairn County AET

The Third division playoff final 1st leg
Fraserburgh 1-2 Huntly
Davidson, Bolger

Bolger starts to find his shooting boots gave us the advantage as we were well in control.
We Continued to press home the advantage as Davidson scored the second to put us in total command. till three strikes against us, 78th Minute Bolger goes off injured season over!, Caiaffa booked and banned for the second leg. Then My first does of rage in the Huntly game as we concead as fraserburgh defender Dickson lives up to his name by scoring a header at the back post.

The Third division playoff final 2nd leg
Huntly 3-3 Fraserburgh
Cherif 2, O'G
AGG Huntly 5-4 Fraserburgh

****** **** that was not good for the old ticker. Spent the whole match chasing Fraserburgh until Ryan Christie was the unlucky dude who scored an own goal and we held on from then to secure promotion first time out.

View attachment 246663

Promoted :), Made a mockery of our season prediction of 7th​

Well done on getting promoted! Looking forward to the next season.

Cheers Steven. Its going to be a long hard summer. Hopefully i can pick up a heep of new players as i dont think my current team will go too far in Division 2. Had a lot of close run games this season and really need more goals from players other than Bolger

Season 1 review

View attachment 246798

Player of the year - Anthony Bolger

My personal choice however was Kurakins

The squad i must admit is not very good and realistically I'd hope most of my best X1 are back up players next s
season but I'll need a lot of luck in the transfer window to find better players to keep me in division 2.

Board celebrate by upgrading youth facilities

Last edited:
Back