Huntly rising through the NEW Scottish leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K
Good job here mate thinking of editing my own Scottish leagues with the old firm what you think?

Season 2
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 2 - 2012/2013

Season 1 turned out to be just the start i needed by getting an immediate promotion and the effects of which being more money, better players interested and finally we became a professional outfit, Officially
In season 2 i would b happy with surviving in Division 2 and having a base to build on for next season but im going to target a playoff position, again the league is my main priority. The only other competition im going to try for is the Challenge cup since its only open for Division 2 and 3 teams.

Targets
SFL Division 2 - Play off position, Media predicted I'll get 13th. I'll take that
Scottish Cup - No Interest, Will play back up players
League cup - No Interest, Will play back up players
Challenge Cup - Winner

Transfers
I knew promotion by the skin of my teeth meant i had a huge rebuilding job on my hands, Felt that i needed 8-11 players of a much higher standard. However i only got in 5 new players despite looking at hundereds of players nobody wants to know about the third tier of Scottish football. Board have agreed to finally give me a parent club but still waiting to be assigned one who can hopefully loan me some good youngsters.

Big transfers
Luca Modric to Real Madrid for £37m and Eden Hazard to Man City £34m were the main transfers. Man UTd bought quantity, Aiden McGeady, Van Der Vaart, Fuchs and Kwadwo Asamoah for a total of £64m

Summer news
Biggest news of the summer was Pep Guardiola became Spain manager with Wenger taking over and Arsenal hired Andre Villa Boas.

European Championships
Portugul thrashed England 3-0 in the final, even with 10 men for the second half. Spain fell at the Q/F while Holland and Italy both fell at the group stage.

August

Season ticket sales more than double thanks to our promotion as we go up to 132
Manager and Player of the month double for myself and Cherif
Make a cracking start to the season. Squad gelled together brilliantly over the summer friendlys and Cherif following his single handed efforts getting us promoted made his role as our main striker his own with a stunning start to the season.

Huntly 5-0 Elgin
Caiaffa, Cherif 3, Bolger

East Stirlingshire 1-3 Huntly
Cherif 2, Caiaffa

Huntly 2-0 Peterhead - Challange cup 1st round
Cherif 2

Huntly 3-1 Arbroath
Gauld, Cherif 2

Last edited:

September

Success in cup competition as we reach the 3rd round of the league cup to face Falkirk
Destroyed Clyde 5-0 with 10 men to keep our 100% record for the season ongoing

Lothian Thistle 1-2 Huntly
Caiaffa, Cherif

Huntly 2-0 Spartans
Cherif, Marenghi

Queens Park 0-2 Huntly
Kane, O'G

Huntly 1-0 Arthurlie
Manenghi

Cumnock 1-3 Huntly - Scottish cup 2nd qualifying
Kane, Bolger, Davison

Huntly 4-0 Abbey Vale - League cup 2nd round
Caiaffa, Cherif 2, Scanlon

Clyde 0-5 Huntly
Cherif 2, Gauld 2, Clark

October

Huntly do a hattrick in the league awards. Manager of the month for me, Cherif was player of the month and right back Luquez with the young player of the month

New club record of 16 wins on the bounce and going 20 games unbeaten
In the top of the table clash with Annan we made a stunning comeback from 2-1 down to win it 3-2 and remain unbeaten
Challenge cup quarter finals draw Huntly away to Edinburgh University

Irvine Meadow 0-4 Huntly
Marenghi, Cherif, Scanlon, Caiaffa

Huntly 3-2 Annan
Marenghi, Cherif, Caiaffa

Cove Rangers 1-2 Huntly
Cherif 2

Huntly 4-1 Auchinleck - Challenge Cup 2nd round
Cherif, Kane 2, Marenghi

Huntly 3-1 Pollok
Kane, Caiaffa, Gauld

12 is our magic number in the league as we end October. 12 Games, 12 Wins and 12 points clear at the top. A lot of the thanks goes to two former Rangers kids Lacine Cherif and Anthony Marenghi

November

Finally loose as our back up team lost a 120th minute goal away to Cowdenbeath
Similar story in the league cup as falkirk beat us 2-0 in both matches we put up a good fight and now we can focus on the league and challenge cup
Still sporting a 100% league record with 14/14 and we have now moved 13 points clear at the top

Cowdenbeath 2-1 Huntly - Scottish cup 3rd qualifying round
Hutchison

Buckie Thistle 0-2 Huntly
Cherif, Bolger

Falkirk 2-0 Huntly - Scottish League cup 3rd round

Huntly 2-0 Peterhead
Cherif, Marenghi

December

Doing double month updates as the fixtures run low
Came within a whisper of loosing the streak against Berwick when Wiktoski cleared the ball of the line with the last kick of the ball.

Berwick 1-2 Huntly
Marenghi, Cherif

Elgin 1-2 Huntly
Cherif 2

Comfortable win against The Edinburgh Uni boys to reach the semi finals of the challenge cup. Semi final draws us with Cove Rangers, long wait for the game in march though.
Our 17 game winning league run ends with a 2-1 defeat with at Arbroath
Cherif misses most of January after a early knock in the challenge cup quarter final

Huntly 3-0 East Stirling
Cherif 2, O'G

Edinburgh University 1-3 Huntly - Challenge cup quarter finals
Kane 2, Wiktorski

Arbroath 2-1 Huntly
Bolger

Huntly 1-0 Lothian Thistle
McAusland

Spartans 0-2 Huntly
Caiaffa, Gauld

Gap at the top down to 10 points with 10 games to go. Hope we don't loose Cherif too much as we were a different team without him. Just noted Arthurlie are down the bottom of the table after being Div 3 champions last season and spending a lot of cash

Lots of offers in and out but no changes in January​

February

Top two face off at the start of the month with Huntly prevailing just! After almost throwing away a 3 goal lead
Quickly followed by drawing with bottom side Arthurlie 1-1 where we got a late equalizer

Huntly 3-2 Queens Park
Caiaffa 2, Cherif

Arthurlie 1-1 Huntly
Kane

Hamilton 1-1 Clyde
Kane

Terrible month. Really home were not going to have a slump in the second half of the season again

March

2-0 win against Cove Rangers gets us to the challenge cup final where we will play Pollok
Got back to winning ways this month while keeping consecutive clean sheets
Win my first manager of the month of the year after winning the first 5

Huntly 1-0 Irvine Meadow
Cherif

Annan 0-2 Huntly
Kane, Caiaffa

Huntly 2-0 Cove Rangers - Challenge cup semi final
Cherif 2

Huntly P-P Cove Rangers

Chance to win the league goes amiss as our match with Cove was postponed. Didn't matter anyway as Queens park won to keep the fight alive for another week

Last edited:
End of season run in

2nd Chance to win the league goes down the pan as we loose to challenge cup opponents Pollok.
Finally we clinch the title against Buckie with a close fought 1-0 win enough to confirm our promotion as champions. Can't believe how well we've done this season

Pollok 1-0 Huntly

Huntly 3-0 Cove Rangers
Marenghi, Luquez, Cherif
- Gap up to 9 points and +19 in goal difference with 3 games to go titles surely on its way next time out

Huntly 1-0 Buckie Thistle
Cherif
Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peterhead 1-1 Huntly
Marenghi

Huntly 1-0 Berwick
Cherif

Season ends as it was mostly spent with a 1-0 win and Cherif being the scorer. Finished up 9 points clear Queens Park and an amazing 30 points clear of 3rd place Annan.

Team news
Huntly miss young midfielder Greg Fotheringham and rotation right winger Ryan Kane is still hurt from the end of the season and doesn't make it

Huntly 4-0 Pollok
Marenghi 2, Cherif 2

Total domination at Hampden where we romped into a 3-0 lead within the half hour and was comfortable through to the end where we nicked another goal when Pollok went down to ten men and Cherif ended the season as he spent it by adding a 2nd.

Scottish Finals day also saw St Mirren win the Scottish cup on penalty's against Greenock Morton and Anna win the 2nd division play-off against Peterhead.

Season review

Totally unbelievable season. Can't stop looking at the table and smiling. After sneaking into the league through a extra time play-off winner im sure I'd have been happy to just stay in division 2 this season and build on that but jumping up to division 1 may need some big changes with much tougher teams to come up against including Hibs who were relegated from the SPL.

View attachment 248427

Players of the season

3rd - Andrew Marenghi
After never getting a game in his time at Celtic and Rangers he played all but two league games making a key contribution but his cup form was what got him into the top 3

2nd - Matias Luquez
When on a player search and you find a Argentinean interested in joining your team you have to find a look and i found a gem. Weak mental stats which means he will never make it to the very top but what a boy he is, especially at free kicks and corners where he made almost a goal a game.

1st - Lacine Cherif
So what can be better than making almost a goal a game from right back? Oh averaging a goal EVERY Game. Yep after winning us promotion and taking my new assistant Alan Preston's advice he got the role as lead striker and he did an amazing job, Made a fair share of goals too, Thanks again Murray park youth development.

Season 3
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 3 - 2013/2014

Season 2 Was beyond a dream. Was happy to have got the 1st promotion up to division 2 and thought I'd manage to stay in the division. Just However my team totally outdone my expectations with the promotion.

Targets
Division 1 - Avoid relegation
Cup - No interest Backup players all the way
League cup - No interest Backup players all the way
Media prediction is 16th and last but i think we have a shot at staying up.

My transfers

In the transfer window we added steel to the spine of our side with Norwegian defender Kim Skogsrud, Veteran Striker Colin Nish, Loaned Hearts youngster Denis PryChynenko . My best newbie is Young Nigerian Bolaji Olaleye. He's going to be a superstar for me in Division 1, While astonishing signing of the season was Peter Pawllet for £14k! Even more astounding is he turned down Raith for me.

Out
Anthony Bolger to stanraer as he fell down to 5th in the pecking order, Steve Gaulds time at the club is also up with Pawlett's arrival but I've not found him a new club yet

Other Major Transfers
Quietest summer I've ever seen with only Man Utd spend more than £15m by buying auricio Isla for £21m

Summer news
We have a international!. Our left back Antons Kurkins gets capped for Latvia, They must be ****!
Two big manager changes were Jens Musterman becoming Bayern Manager and Arsene Wenger retired and was replaced with Carlo Ancelotti

August

Make a disapointing start to the league with 2-0 defeats to Alloa and Hibs. Have we come across a challange to far?

Alloa 2-0 Huntly

Huntly 0-2 Hibs

Annan 0-1 Huntly
Pawlett

September

Injury to my Nigerian forward Bolaji Olaleye, out for 2 months. Not quite done the magic i expected yet witout a goal from his 5 starts. Oops
Three wins on the bounce, Two for the back up players in the cups

Brechin 3-1 Huntly
Pawlett

Huntly 2-0 Cowdebeath
Kurkans, Skogsrud

Huntly 5-1 Musselburgh - Scottish cup 2nd qualifying round
Cherif 3, Skogsrud, O'G

Huntly 1-0 Dumbarton - League cup 2nd round
Scanlon

Ayr 2-2 Huntly
Pawlett, Cherif

October

Beat league leaders Montrose with a stunning 2nd half display
Olaleye scores on his comeback from injury
After the Montrose success i tryed a more attacking formation but we were very uncompetitive in the games so reverting back to 4-1-2-3

Huntly 2-2 Hamilton
Cherif, Marenghi

Huntly 1-0 Montrose
O'G

Huntly 1-1 Queen of the South
Olaleye

East Fife 1-0 Huntly

Forfar 2-1 Huntly
Cherif

No real change in the table. Still floating in no mans land

View attachment 248596

November

Back up players couldn't come close to Motherwell in the Scottish cup
Through to the latter stages of the league cup having beat Peterhead
Olaleye comes back from a month away with Nigeria to scored four and end out 5 match winless streak

Motherwell 4-1 Huntly - Scottish Cup 3rd qualifying
Cherif

Huntly 0-1 Stenhousemuir

Peterhead 0-4 Huntly - League cup 3rd round
Nish 3, Crisp

Ross County 0-0 Huntly

Huntly 4-2 Dumbarton
Olaleye 4

December

Only two matches due to postponements both were victory's against fellow relegation candidates

Huntly 3-0 Stirling Albion
Olaleye, Cherif, Skogsrund

Huntly 1-0 Alloa
Nastevski

View attachment 248719

Onto a busy January as we try to strengthen the squad​

Great story so far mate! Looking forward to see who you bring in......How are dundee utd doing in this league set up?

Great story so far mate! Looking forward to see who you bring in......How are dundee utd doing in this league set up?

Funny you mentioned Dundee Utd

Scottish League cup 4th round

Dundee Utd 1-0 Huntly

Even with playing our back up team we ran United very close only loosing to a goal 10 minutes from time

In the league
They are 12th, 10 points above relegation after having two 3rd places in the first two seasons just 11 points off the title in season 1 but a more realistic 25 points behind the old firm in season 2.

Back