• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K

January

Huntly 2-0 Annan
Skogsrud, Prychynenko

Hibernian 0-1 Huntly
Olaleye
- How many teams can say the went to the league leaders and easily the best team in the league with Lois Saha and they couldn't put a shot on target against us. Brilliant!

Hamilton 1-1 Huntly
Olaleye

Huntly 2-0 Brechan
Pawlett, Cherif

Dare i say it but i have a feeling our form is really starting to pick up during December and we've gone on leaps and bounds in January, Could a unbelievable 3rd promotion in a row be on the cards?

View attachment 249313

Transfer window

My first signing was a player i've been chasing since the summer Ex Aresnal midfielder Harry Cartledge.

View attachment 249315

Also arriving from the land of the sheep aka New Zealand comes Keeper Blair Duncan declaring Huntly will be home away from home.

View attachment 249314

Hopefully he can handle a ball as well as he does our local wildlife!​

Sadly leaving me however was one of my early signings Dave McEwan and a original squad player Martin Crisp

Last edited:
amazin result against hibs mate well done new signing looks good hope he does well for you keep up the great work good to see my hometown doin well shame it not real life ;)

amazin result against hibs mate well done new signing looks good hope he does well for you keep up the great work good to see my hometown doin well shame it not real life ;)

Hopefully someday they can, If the SFA reorganize there leagues and sanctions promotions from the highland league.

February

Cowdenbeath 1-3 Huntly
Pawlet, Nastevski, Skogsrund

Huntly 0-0 Ayr

Beat league leaders Montrose on there own patch as our amazing run goes on
However follow that up with 1 point from two winnable home matches leaves us in a fight with Cowdenbeath for the final play off place

Montrose 0-1 Huntly
Olaleye

Huntly 0-1 East Fife

Huntly 1-1 Forfar
Cherif

April - May
The end of season run in

Huntly shock the world by getting into the 1st division play-offs and go in search of a 3rd consecutive promotion
Hibs shock nobody by winning the league and returning to the premier league at the 1st attempt having the leagues top 4 rated players and are joined by Montrose, Both sides were almost always in the top 2 and deserve the promotion, Well done

Queen Of the South 0-2 Huntly
Pawlett 2
Results worked our way and moved 6 clear in the play-off spots with 4 to play

Stenhousemuir 0-1 Huntly
Olaleye
Pretty much safe in the play-offs and 5 points away from automatic promotion with 3 games to go.

Huntly 2-2 Ross County
Olaleye, O'G
Fought hard to get a result but the draw means a play-off spot will have to do us. Hibs won the league today

Dumbarton 0-2 Huntly
Pawlett, Skogsrud

Stirling 0-2 Huntly
Olaleye, Marenghi
Two 2-0 wins away from home against teams i thought we'd be fighting to stay in the league however we finished 34 points above the relegation spots and even better we join Ross County, Ayr and East Fife in the 1st division play-off

In the SPL Rangers and Celtic will need the last day to decide who will take the title, Probably Rangers unfortunately. While the bottom has a epic battle with Dundee already down and Partick Thistle, Airdrie, Raith and Livingston all fighting over the final two spots, Will Huntly be taking one of those spots?

Lets find out!!!!!!

1ST Division Play-offs 2014

Semi Finals 1st leg
Ayr 0-1 Huntly
Pawlett
A big away goal by Peter Pawlett and his last bit of work for the season as he's out with a pulled hamstring. Big result for our defense, the 3rd best in the league.

East Fife 2-1 Ross County

Semi Finals 2nd leg
Huntly 1-1 Ayr
Kane
AGG Huntly 2-0 Ayr
****** **** that was a uneasy second half, Got cocky at 2-0 up and took of some key players for the final and it came o so close to costing us. Much tougher tasks lie ahead however.

Ross County 1-5 East Fife
AGG Ross County 2-7 East Fife

1st Division Play-off Final
Huntly team news
Nigeria call up Bolaji Olaleye for friendlys but Darran Donald says NO WAY!!!! With Huntly biggest games in there history over the same period.
Long term injury's Pawlett, Luquez and Wiktoski miss out
Huntly have NEVER beat East Fife

Finals 1st leg
East Fife 0-1 Huntly
Quiet match with two main incidents with the same player
50 - Goal - Olaleye
94 - Injury - Olaleye

Finals 2nd leg
Olaleye's injury turned out to just be a knock so he is fit enough to start the final game
YOungster Petrie is dropped to avoid getting a pay increase

Huntly 3-0 East Fife
18 - Goal - Marenghi
76 - Goal - Cherif
86 - Sub - Grant Campbell comes on for his farewell appearance
92 - Goal - Cherif
AGG - Huntly 4-0 East Fife

Totally AMAZED, we've done it, 3 consecutive promotions 2 play-off wins, through it all Cherif has been a superstar in the important games. Continue to totally defy reality with our predicted position of last place. Only two summers ago 12 of the current team sneaked through the division 3 play-offs with a last gasp extra time goal. So excited about or adventure to the SPL next season, Top 5 finish might be a bit harder there but following this season ANYTHING is possible!!!!

View attachment 249514

Manager of the year in Division 1, for officially working miracles. Won this award every season

View attachment 249516

Players of the season

3rd - Kim Skogsrund
Joining our ever growing club of Rangers rejects is center back Kim Skogsrund. The Big Norwegian was the best performing player of the defense which was the 3rd best in the division and will be key to us surviving the harsh life of the SPL

View attachment 249519

2nd - Antons Kurkins
HUntly's 1st ever internationalist has been with me since the start and had a rebirth this season. 1 goal and 3 man of the matches didn't show how he was consistently performing above average for the team and earned his big pay rise for promotion.

View attachment 249520

1st
= Olaleye/Cherif
Both players played there part as leading forwards through the season. Olaleye would usually rack up the goals from the start in less important games then Cherif would either come off the bench and make a big difference or even better score the winner. Both will be given new contracts for life in the SPL​

Season 4
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 4 - 2014/2015

Season 3 Was Stupid! We came to life in December and rose to the play-offs eventually earning promotion. After the mega disappointing summer player wise and stadium wise just avoiding relegation will be a miracle.

Targets
SPL - Avoid relegation
Cup - No interest Backup players all the way
League cup - No interest Backup players all the way
Media prediction is 16th again and this time that could very well happen with only 1 quality player joining and 9 of the players who were in my first X1 still with us this term. Goals will be a huge problem unless i can get someone in before the window closes

My transfers

My worst transfer window at Huntly. Really needed to add a lot of new players but got nowhere, NOBODY wanted to join us most annoying was Chris Maguire who was on a free but chose Aberdeen, he being one of dozens who turned me down.

Two young centerbacks will form my defense for the season with Italian Daniel Rugani and regen Billy Pollock.
The only other player to join before the season begun Dennis Prychynenko after a successful loan has joined full time.

Out

Players who were key to getting through Division 2 and 3
Glen Campbell, Ross Naismith and Neil Davidson

Youngster David Petrie left to get regular 1st team football with Edinburgh City

Youngsters who were never good enough are Callum Lynch, Nikki Strong, Neil Sievwright

Other Major Transfers
Milan was the place to go this summer. Christian Eriksen joined AC Milan for £24m while Inter Milan picked up Benfica's Rodrigo £19m, and Nigel De Jong £14m
Man City went on a bargain run picking up Adil Rami £13.5m, Cheick Tiote £11.75m and most amazing Nilmar £11.25m from a unhappy spell at AC Milan.

Summer news
Sir Alex Ferguson finally retired and was replaced with Sinisa Mihajlovic
Craig Brown also retired from Aberdeen with Gus McPherson taking over
Claudio Ranieri retired from Inter and that presented Roberto Mancini the chance to return to his former team
In the premiership Villas Boas moves to Man City, David Moyes to Arsenal and Alan Pardew goes to Liverpool.

August

Falkirk 2-1 Huntly
O'G,
Very even match here, expect our week frontline to produce a lot of these results

Huntly 2-0 Dunfermline
Olaleye 2
A dominating display where Dunfermline offered nothing to threaten us.

Morton 0-1 Huntly
Marenghi

A Very impressive start to life in the SPL. Would have been happy to get a win from one of the three game and tried to build some momentum from there but to have been in with a fight in every game and got 2 wins was brilliant

View attachment 249800

Player of the month
DR - Matias Luquez

View attachment 249801

Long term right back Matias Luquez was amazing in division 2 but tailed off in Division 1 and to be honest i was looking for find a better defensive player to take his place but this months performance has certainly bought him some time.

Nice story mate :) Shame Raith got relgated, they are my local team, but glad you beat Dunfermline (rivals) :P

September

Result of the month and probably season Motherwell 6-4 Aberdeen
Unfortunate in defeat to Celtic with the Scottish cup but made up for it by beating Lothian in the Scottish League cup where we play Stirling in the next round

Huntly 2-1 Dundee Utd
Cartledge, Luquez
We fought back hard after going a goal down and were the better team for the rest of the game getting a deserved winner from Luquez at the end

Celtic 3-1 Huntly - Scottish Cup Second qualifying round
Cherif
Only a 95th minute equalizer denied us an amazing victory at Parkhead but were eventually outdone by the stronger team with much higher fitness levels

Huntly 3-1 Lothian Thistle - Scottish League cup 2nd round
Cherif 3

Partick Thistle 0-3 Huntly
Marenghi, Olaleye, Pawlett
This match was as easy as the cup game against Lothian.

Wow this SPL is far too easy. 4 wins in a row in the league has us in the ridiculous state of second position, yep!

View attachment 250211

Player of the month
Lacine Cherif

they man who has lead my run from Divison 3 will be relegated to back up forward in my attack of 1 but will start all cup games and his 4 goals in 2 games has stapled his position for our cup run.

October

Rangers make there charge toward the top of the league while Hibs cant improve on 1 point for the season so far.

Huntly 1-1 Aberdeen
Olaleye

Celtic 4-0 Huntly

Huntly 2-1 Hibs
Prychynenko, Rugani
Brilliant second half comeback after Hibs bossed the 1st half

Huntly 0-1 Airdie

Very sad to see our brilliant run end against Celtic then a poor poor performance at home to religation rivals Airdrie.

Player of the month

View attachment 250421

Olaleye lead the comeback charge against Hibs in a man of the match performance and grabbed the point against Aberdeen with his goal.

November

Huntly Chairman Colin Reid announces his intention to step down! Hopefully this will speed up my chances of getting a new stadium in my name.
Out of the League cup with a very disappointing defeat to Stirling as the injury's pile up
Daniel Rugani and Lacine Cherif injured at the start of the month loosing 2 of my best players right off.

Montrose 2-1 Huntly
Olaleye
Totally dominated the game but our lack of a killer touch cost us the 3 points

Stirling 2-1 Huntly - Scottish League cup 3rd round
Marenghi

Motherwell 1-2 Huntly
Pawlett 2

Huntly 2-0 Inverness CT
Olaleye 2

League

After continuing our patch run the defeat to Stirling in the league cup may prove to be a turning point for us winning away to Motherwell and at home to Inverness to take us up to 22 points. Usually 31 is enough to stay up so well on the way after 12 games.

View attachment 250488

Player of the month
= Pawlett and Olaleye

Couldn't split the two, Both put in match winning performances and were making and scoring goals.

December

On the 12th of December local businessman Mark Young begun talks to take over the club enforcing a transfer embargo. Situation not resolved as the transfer window opens

Huntly 1-2 St Johnstone
Olaeye
Fell 2-0 behind with 10 minutes left and never looked like winning

St Mirren 1-2 Huntly
Nastevski 2
Smash and grab 2 free kicks delivered by Pawlett two goals for young defender Nastevski

Huntly 1-4 Rangers
Marenghi
Marenghi scored against his old club but there star forward Jordan Rhodes got a hattrick to help thump us

Hearts 1-0 Huntly

League

Dropped a down a few places recently but position at the moment is not important its points were after and with a haul of 25 points at the halfway stage 10 points clear of the relegation zone is a very good position to be in. See no problems with picking up another 10 points from the way we've played.

View attachment 250706

Player of the month
Blair Davidson

The young goalkeeper who we picked up on a free last January has been solidly good through the year and has seen only 21 goals pass him in the league.

View attachment 250705

World player of the year

Cese Fabregas wins world player of the year. Amazingly Messi has not been in the top 3 since 2010 never mind not winning it at all.

View attachment 250708

African young player of the year
One for us here. 1st Bolaji Olaleye 3rd Emmanuel Salau

View attachment 250707

January

Potential buyers pull out but current chairman agrees to a new stadium
The usual two good results and two not so good
Several new signings as our improving status attracts some decent youngsters

Huntly 0-1 Falkirk

Huntly 3-1 Kilmarnock
Cherif, Nastevski, Leal
Our first win in 4 games after a team meeting boosted the moral in the team

Dunfermline 2-3 Huntly
Cherif, Pawlett, Kane
Managed to throw away a 2 goal lead and still leave it till stoppage time to score a last minute winner

Huntly 2-2 Morton
O'G, Skogsrud
Threw away a two goal lead here again, Really need to sort this poor second half performances out.

Ok cleared the magic 30 points mark with almost half the season to spare, again well beyond my expectations, Hopefully my new signings can see us continue to grow.

Player of the month
Lacine Cherif

View attachment 250737

With most my African and Goalkeeper away on International duty for the month one man forgotten by his country was Ivory Coasts Cherif, Scoring in both our wins and still doing a great job up front in his 4th different division for my team.

Transfers

First point of call was Portugal. Made two loan to buy deals Sportings center midfielder Jaime Ferreira then Porto Attacker Hugo Leal who following his move quickly signed a new contract meaning he probably wont be coming full time at the end of the season.
Next up Alejandro a regen left back I found in the summer but he wasn't interested in my team and I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across him still free in January so this time Alejandro was far more willing to sign on.
Another freebie was left or right Wingerthe Rumanian/Nigerian, born in Glasgow Ikechi who I almost forgot to add to the squad register which upset him 2 days into his time at the club.
My final signing is by far my biggest and most riskier, using most the clubs bank balance. 18 year old Argentinean center back Pedro Abayian for £3.2m. Going right into the first team hopefully to become a superstar.

February

Dundee Utd 2-1 Huntly
Prychynenko

Huntly 0-0 Partick Thistle
Was against 10 men for most of the game but couldn't break them down

Aberdeen 3-1 Huntly
Ferreira
Had no chance here but this Aberdeen team with Jamie Murphy and Jamie Mackie up front is the best outside the old firm. 4 games without a win and Celtic up next

Huntly 1-2 Celtic
Olaleye
Much closer than i expected and we only lost after a last minute goal was disallowed

Huntly 3-1 Montrose
Ikechi 2, Leal
Finally back on track after falling 1-0 behind we needed a stirring half time team talk from the boss

A month of poor results but we still remain 16 points clear of relegation and feeling safer by the month. On the other side only 4 points off 5th which would guarantee a European place. Nah surely not!

Player of the month
Denis Prychynenko

View attachment 250942

After adding 3 midfielders in the transfer window Denis fell well down the order but with injury's and tiredness he played nearly every game this month and may get a shot at staying in his team.

March

Olaleye out injured for the rest of the season, Over to you Mr Cherif
Kyle Turnbull becomes the first Huntley youth player to be good enough to warrant a contract

Hibernian 1-0 Huntly
Very poor performance and a equally poor result

Airdrie 2-1 Huntly
Cherif
We were never as close to getting a result as the score suggests, We were awful

Huntly 2-0 Motherwell
Cherif, Ikechi
THe very late show with two goals in the last minutes to win our hardest game of the month

League
Basicly no change at all in position or points

View attachment 250943

Player of the month
Lacine Cherif

View attachment 250944
Made 2 appearances from the bench scoring both times. He will be crucial for the rest of the season with our lead forward Bolo Olaleye out for the rest of the season.

April

Inverness CT 0-2 Huntly
Cherif, Leal
Inverness couldn't touch us today, No way through our defense

St Johnstone 4-4 Huntly
Ikechi 2, Rugani 2
Lost a 3-0 lead here. UNACCEPTABLE

Huntly 1-0 St Mirren
Ikechi
A good performance and a great result to move us up to 5th

A really good month that could have been a great month had we not fallen apart at St Johnstone but a good win away to Inverness CT and dominating St Mirren to grab a win moves us into 5th and a European spot for the moment.

Player of the month
Ikechi

View attachment 250961

The man of many nationality's was my man of the month. Was involved in the majority of the goals at St Johnstone and got the decisive goal against St Mirren

SPL Player of the month
The premier league disagree with me slightly and decided Matias Luquez was the league player of the month

SPL young player of the month

Meanwhile credit to the youngsters as Daniele Rugani beat his team mate Ferreira into 3rd for young player of the month.

May

Rangers 2-2 Huntly
Ikechi, Cherif
Ahh came so close to getting all 3 points. Cherif had put us 2-1 ahead and rangers then went down to 10 men but sadly we couldn't quite hold on. Result drops us to 8th as everyone nearby me won

Huntly 0-0 Hearts
We played well and matched Hearts all the way but neither team could get that winning goal.

One came to go and there is plenty to play for.
1st+2nd - Rangers or Celtic will take the title with Rangers 1 point ahead
3rd - Aberdeen are safe in no mans land
4th - 3 points between Dundee Utd 4th and Huntly 9th in the battle for a European place.
15th+16th - Morton 3 points and 8 goals ahead of Hibs should see them go right back to division 1
17th+18th - Montrose and St Mirren are gone

Final Game
Kilmarnock 1-1 Huntly
Cartledge
A very sad end to the season. Were winning 1-0 and on course to finish strong in 6th until a 92nd minute Michael Johnson goal pushed us down to 9th.

League
Should be over the moon to have finished 9th over 20 points away from the relegation spots but with the league so closely bunched we could have finished anywhere around the midtable.
Otherwise Rangers won the league and Hibs went down.

Season 4 review

Having had a while to calm down over the late Kilmarnock goal and seen my season targets of surviving i am glad to see that were going to be in the premiership for a second season and we've brought in a few players who i think will make a big difference now they've settled in.

League stats and our squad stats for the season
View attachment 250976View attachment 250974

Bolaji Olaleye wins Scottish young player of the league

View attachment 250977

Wait what's this only 3rd in manager of the year?

View attachment 250972

Kevin Woods is the latest local Businessman to put Huntly into a Transfer embargo possibly costing me the chance to sign Portuguese stars Hugo Leal and Jaime Ferreira, weather they would have signed permanently is another story.

View attachment 250973

Huntly Player of the year

3rd - Ikechi
Found Ikechi in December and finally got a deal sorted at the end of the transfer window and boy did he have a manor influence for us. He got 7 goals and turned into a great foil for the lead forward, Hope he can keep it up next season.

View attachment 250970

2nd - Lacine Cherif
I have no idea how he keeps going. His stats are awful but he scores so many goals and is brilliant as a super sub. Will be hard for me to knock him down the pecking order if i can get in better forwards

View attachment 250971

1st - Matias Luquez
After being a big player for me in division 1 he had a even better first season in the top flight. Highlighted as a week area in my squad he again cemented his place in my team and i look forward to him improving further.

View attachment 250969

Back