Huntly rising through the NEW Scottish leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K

August

Win both games 3-0.
Champions league draw gives us a hard group, Well they were all going to be hard.

Huntly 3-0 Inverness CT
Montcho 2, Guidi

Airdrie 0-3 Huntly
Montcho, Olawale, Gislason

Go right to the top with 2 easy wins

Player of the month
Paul Montcho/Maicol Guidi

Paul Montcho Scored three in two Maicol Guidi assisted 3 goals in 2 games so they can share the award.

View attachment 255560 View attachment 255559

Champions league Group F
Once the top 3 teams in each group were drawn it really hit home how hard our task really is. Hopefully our dump stadium will help us get a few points and Metalist's will be the big games to try and get through to the Europa League.

Konjevic looks good

Indeed but im overflowing with good young wingbacks. Konjevic is 17 so will only play a few games this season but Majenic and Noll are quite similar but Majhenic does better at left back when needed and my current 1st team left back Chad Hartman who was out on loan last season. Also have Tobias Meijer who i've tried to loan out but no takers.

The Wingers

View attachment 255563 View attachment 255564 View attachment 255565 View attachment 255566

September

Late disallow goal at Dunfermline leads to our first defeat of the season
In Europe Man Utd had to fight tooth and nail to the end for the 3 points.
A good debut for Preslav Ganev with a hattrick in the Scottish cup against Benburb

Huntly 2-0 Kilmarnock
Montcho 2

Dunfermline 1-0 Huntly

Huntly 1-2 Man Utd - Champions league match day 1
Gislason

Benburb 0-6 Huntly - Scottish cup 2nd qualifying round
Ganev 3, Erdelyi, Konjevic, Rantala

Huntly 3-0 Montrose - Scottish League Cup 1st round
Olawale, Gislason, Ganev

Huntly 5-2 St Mirren
Gian, Montcho 3, Guidi

One small slip up against Dunfermline could be important as the season wares on but still not faced either of the Old Firm.

Player of the month
Paul Montcho
View attachment 255590

A second month goal scoring for fun when he played, 8 in 5 league games so far

October

Get a valuable away win at Metalist to give us the edge in the fight to progress to Europe
Dundee match is my 300th game in management

Roma 2-0 Huntly - Champions league match day 2

Huntly 1-0 Hibs
Montcho

Huntly 0-0 St Johnstone

Metalist 2-3 Huntly - Champions league match day 3
Montcho 2, Cunningham

Dundee 2-2 Huntly
Montcho 2

1/4 of the way through season and were a bit off the top of the table but still in striking distance.

Player of the month
Pedro Abayian
View attachment 255628

Montcho would be winning this for the 3rd time in a row so picked someone else who's been playing well this month. My defender has been getting games for Argentina recently.

November

Thumping win over Metalist puts us level with Roma on 6 points with 2 games to go then we smash and grab at Old Trafford to pick up a invaluable point leaving us to win or bust at home to Roma
Disgusting result against Brechin puts us out of the league cup again

Lewis Utd 0-5 Huntly - Scottish cup 3rd qualifying round
Havranek 3, Tebily, Evangelista

Huntly 4-0 Metalist - Champions league match day 4
Montcho 3, Gian

Falkirk 0-3 Huntly
Montcho, Cunningham, Rugani

Brechin 1-0 Huntly - League cup 3rd round

Huntly 1-0 Morton
Montcho,

Man Utd 1-1 Huntly - Champions league match day 5
Montcho
Were 6 points off top with a game in hand with a rejuvenated Rangers at the top.

Player of the month
Gian
View attachment 255672

As Usual Montcho was my player of the month so I thought I'd pick the least recognized of our 3 attackers Gian, Stats are mighty impressive but never seems to supply or score the goals so will be maybe looking for someone else to take over.

December

Out of the Champions league in unlucky circumstances as we have a goal disallowed and Montcho injury in the last 5 minutes. Still a good 3rd place finish and a spot in the Europa League
In the Europa League we will play CSKA Moscow in the 1st knockout phase
View attachment 255700

Loose first match against Old Firm opposition 2-1 at Parkhead
Rubbish performances against Hearts and Motherwell where we also dropped points
Scottish cup winning run now up to a record 17 games, need to remain unbeaten for another 18 games to beat Celtics 7 year unbeaten record

Partick Thistle 1-5 Huntly
Montcho, Gian, Cunningham, Evangelista, Olawale

Celtic 2-1 Huntly
Evangelista

Huntly 1-1 Motherwell
Montcho

Huntly 0-0 Roma - Champions league match day 6
View attachment 255699

Huntly 3-1 Dundee - Scottish cup 1st round
Tebily, Noll, Gislason

Dundee Utd 0-4 Huntly
Gislason 3, Rugaini

Huntly 0-0 Hearts

Inverness CT 0-2 Huntly
Olawale, Tebily
Despite having a awful month were only 4 off the top with a game in hand, Very lucky others have been playing as bad as us.

Player of the month
Hugues Tebily

View attachment 255702

Tebily put in a awesome performance in the Scottish cup to earn the award for December

January

Ronaldo and Messi continue to take turns winning world player of the year, Ronaldo this time.
Ajax sign our left back Chad Hartman for £10m, i Sign Canadian Victor Gonzalez for £1m and will move Bostjan Majhenic to the left wing.
African Nations cup takes away Montcho, Tebily and Olawale

Aberdeen 1-3 Huntly
Gislason, Majhenic, Havranek

Rangers 2-0 Huntly

Huntly 3-0 Airdrie
Gislason, Rugani, Robert

Huntly 3-0 Ayr - Scottish cup 2nd Round
Havranek 3

Kilmarnock 0-3 Huntly
O'G, Gislason 2

Still in the hunt with the two old firm teams at the top with Dunfermline right on our tails

Player of the month
Elmar Dan Gislason

View attachment 255906

With Montcho injured then away to the African nations cup Gislason stepped up and scored an impressive 5 goals to prove himself as suitable back up to the great man.

February

Olawale scores the winner in the African nations cup final
View attachment 255916

Destroy CSKA Moscow in second leg of Europa League match and draw Besiktas in the last 16.

Huntly 4-1 Dunfermline
Gislason, Cunningham, Thonmanivong, Rantala

St Mirren 1-3 Huntly
Gislason 2, Tebily

Huntly 1-0 Dundee
Gislason

Hibs 1-2 Huntly
Montcho, Olawale

CSKA Moscow 0-0 Huntly - Europa league 1st knockout 1st leg

Huntly 5-1 Celtic
Cunningham 2, Gislason, Tebily, Rugani

Huntly 5-0 CSKA Moscow - Europa league 1st knockout 2nd leg
Gislason 2, Cunningham 2, Gian
AGG Huntly 5-0 CSKA

Our best month of the season see's us finally hit the top of the table. Moncho is struggling to get back his striker position with Gislason making the position his own.

Player of the month
Mark Cunningham
View attachment 255918

After playing a huge role in taking down Celtic and CSKA Moscow as well as chipping in with goals and assists throughout.

March

Montcho makes his first start in 2 months and grabs a hattrick
Follows that up with all 3 goals in the Europa League to get us through to the quarter finals in the Europa League
Won the 2nd leg despite spending the whole 2nd half with 10 men, Quarter final will be against Liverpool

Kilmarnock 0-3 Huntly - Scottish cup Quarter Final
Gislason, Havranek 2

St Johnstone 1-1 Huntly
Gian

Huntly 4-1 Falkirk
Montcho 3, Guidi

Huntly 1-1 Besiktas - Europa League last 16 1st leg
Montcho

Besiktas 1-2 Huntly - Europa League last 16 2nd leg
Montcho 2
Agg Huntly 3-2 Besiktas

Morton 0-2 Huntly
Tebily, Montcho

Felt we were in trouble when we JUST got a point from St Johnstone but we came on strong winning the rest of our games in Scotland.

Player of the month
Paul Moncho

View attachment 256124

Just when youngster Gislason was tightening his grip on the main strikers position Montcho got a chance to get his position back and my goodness did he let me know who was the man!

April

- The biggest month of the series so far, Liverpool in the Europa League quarter finals, Rangers in the scottish cup while in the league we have Aberdeen and Motherwell.

- Torn to shreds by Rangers in the Scottish Cup Semi Final ending Huntlys 19 match winning run in the cup

- Win the Europa League quarter finals we got through to the Semi Finals to play Valencia

Huntly 3-0 Partick
Montcho, Guidi, Cunningham

Huntly 4-2 Liverpool - Europa League quarter finals 1st leg
Montcho 2, Cunningham, Gian

Rangers 4-1 Huntly - Scottish Cup Semi Final
MOntcho

Liverpool 2-1 Huntly - Europa League quarter finals 2nd leg
Montcho
AGG Huntly 5-4 Liverpool

Huntly 6-1 Aberdeen
Moncho 2, Olawale, Cunningham, Gislason

Motherwell 0-0 Huntly

League
There's going to be a thrilling end to the season in the SPL. 3 games left including a matcha against Rangers on the final day, Were currently 1 point and 5 goals ahead of Rangers

View attachment 256433

Player of the month
Chibuzor Olawale
View attachment 256434

Montcho would be winning again but This was Olawale's first month where he stated to take over from Gian in the starting X1.

May

- Montcho's season ends with a 2-0 defeat in the first leg defeat to Valencia
- Get thumped by Valencia to end our hopes of a big European trophy not helped by letting in 2 own goals
- Falkirk beat Rangers in the 2nd last game of the season to end there title challange meaning we win the league with a game to spare

Huntly 0-2 Valencia - Europa League Semi Final 1st leg

Hearts 0-2 Huntly
Cunningham, Havranek

Valencia 6-0 Huntly - Europa League Semi Final 2nd leg
Agg Huntly 0-8 Valencia

Huntly 4-0 Dundee Utd
Gislason, Cunningham, Thonmanivong, Gonzalez

Hunty 2-0 Rangers
Havranek 2

Season 8 Review

View attachment 256523

Well if winning the league last season wasn't a miracle our run in the Europa League was. Getting all the way to the semi Finals will surely raise our rep and get some top drawer players into the club. Also very happy to have retained the league title.
Lost Scottish cup After back to back wins was sad especially in the manner we went out

League

The table shows we finished a few points off our best points haul but will not be complaining about league victory with Rangers fighting back while the rest fell back. Both Dundee teams were relegated

Yet again we take home a heap of awards this season

Mark Cunningham beats team mate Pedro Abayian to player of the year
Maicol Guidi retains the football writers award
Elmer Gislason won Scottish young players of the year
Hughes Tebily won leagues player of the year
Win league and Scottish manager of the year
5 Players in team of the year

Two of the last years top 3 return with this years awards

3rd - Elmar Gislason
With Main striker Montcho having his share of injury problems and a spell at the African Nations Gislason got his chance and very much took it scoring almost a goal a game in every competition he played. Major star of the future

2nd - Maicol Guidi
Guidi spent his 21st birthday by getting into the Europa League semi finals. The clubs transition from SPL team to title challengers has a lot to do with a player released from Empoli's youth system.

1st - Paul Montcho
Montcho may not have hit as many goals this season but after missing about 3 months of action his 35 goals from 29 starts is a fantastic record and would have won player of the month nearly every time and that's certainly enough to win player of the year.

Following this season im putting this story on hold. The challenge has totally gone with my £75m transfer budget for the season! Had the finances for the SPL done more accuratly then the success here might feel a bit better than it does. Going off to start a international game before deciding if im going to start my last story of the year or come back here.

Huntly in the Europa League semis!! Dear me - you must be a club legend alongside such greats as Marco De Barros, Steve Paterson, Doug Rougvie et al lol

Donald Promoted to director of football

Following a second consecutive title win Huntly and there manager have decided to restructure the management system at the club. Former assistant manager and Brazilian Fabio has been promoted to head coach who will take care of the day to day running of the team, managing the squad through matches from now on. Donalds new role will mainly feature player scouting and recruitment as the club want to improve there youth system while working with Fabio on 1st team matters

Huntly in the Europa League semis!! Dear me - you must be a club legend alongside such greats as Marco De Barros, Steve Paterson, Doug Rougvie et al lol

Non of those guys get that sort of reputation. Myself Paul Motcho, Matias Luquez, Oand Bolaji Olaleye are all legends at the club

Season 9
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 9 - 2019/2020

The title succesfully retained and in an attempt to liven up my experiance im planning on spending the next few season just recruiting players and going on holiday for the matches leaving Fabio in charge of 1st team affairs so will be doing yearly updates rather than monthly

Targets
SPL - Retain title
Cup - Win either of the cups, Preferably my first league cup win
League Cup - Win either of the cups, Preferably my first league cup win
Champions League - Reach the knockout stages of the champions league
Media Move us up another spot to 3rd as were now undispuditly the best team after the old firm

My transfers
Decided to leave Fabio with the same squad as i had last season

Only changes were my youngest ever player Andre Rantala moving to Hearts for £7m very happy for a youngster who wasnt developing. Likewise with Gregory Robert

Summer Transfer news
This was the season where regens started taking over the trasfer window. Biggest non Regen transfers
Antone Griezmann. Malaga - Bayern Munich £23.5m
Dedryck Boyata. Liverpool - Arsenal £15m
Andy Polo. Genoa - Arsenal £15m

Season 9 Review

The season 2019/2020 was the first season where we took a step back in position and points 7 points less as Celtic won the league. Fabio mad eup for that by winning both Scottish and League cup while meeting the targets in Europe.

The final table shows we finished a few points down on our best of 81 points last season and that is what cost us the league as Celtic won it with 80 points. Rangers fell back again finish on 60 points and sneaking up to 3rd at the end of the season. East Stirlings miracle rise to the SPL did not have a happy ending as they finished bottom.

Scottish Cup and League Cup triumphs

View attachment 257529View attachment 257528

Two comfortable wins in both cup finals means we've picked up every cup in Scottish football.

Club Awards

Paul Montcho regains SPL Player of the year
Maicoi Gudi wins young player of the year.
Gian wins Football writers award after a breakthrough season for him.
A record 6 Players in team of the year

Huntly Player of the year

Paul Montcho still sits on top of the Huntly wagon

3rd - Perdro Abayian
The first of two players who made a major improvement on his performances under Fabio's leadership
View attachment 257530

2nd - Gian
Brazilian Attacker Gian never scored and made even less assists. However with fellow countryman Fabio in charge Gian couldn't stop scoring with a record better than a goal every other game and 16 assists on to
View attachment 257532

1st - Paul Montcho
Montcho was not as prolific as last season but was till the tops scorer and most important player in my squad
View attachment 257531

Looking towards season 10

This summer will be MEGA busy 5 of my best starting 11 decided to leave and had to be sold off as they wouldn't agree a new deal.
Long serving Goalkeeper Blair Duncan leaves for Galatasaray and his back up Mehrdad Daghagheleh joins Dortmund
Homesick Back up defender Rudiger Noll goes back to Leverkusen while back up player Jonathan Almada will join motherwell
4 midfielders are also on the way including my starting three center midfielders. Gregory Suire is off to Wigan on a free, Hugues Tebily - PSG and Maicol Guidi - Inter both left after Tebilys offer was accepted by the board. Back up player Jean Gouamene never quite made it back into the team after a great run of form in 2016

Most of these players will have to be replaced by players outside the squad including building a whole new midfield.

Season 10
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 10 - 2020/2021

Fabio lost the title despite putting on an acceptable performance as manager winning both cup compitions and getting to the knockout phases. More of the same please but GET THAT TITLE BACK BOY!

Targets
SPL - Regain title
Cup - Try and get to the final
League Cup - Try and get to the final
Champions League - Reach the knockout stages of the champions league again
Media keeps us up at 3rd probably still some way off the old firm

My transfers
Following the loss of 6 key first team players i had to be a very busy bee this summer buying a few for the first team and buying a team of U18's!

Promoted youngster Jarmo Andersson and Karoly Erdelyi from the youth team to the main squad
Bought as back up was Scottish keeper Kenny McIntosh and midfielders Tidjani Placca, Zlatko Bicanic and the god awful named Marios Panagiotakopoulos

And here's the new youth team, Bulgairia should be good in 3 or 4 years.
Loaned out youngsters Preslav Ganev and Domangoj Konjevic

Summer Transfer news
Man Utd with new manager Diego Simeone sold Phil Jones to Arsenal for £31m then spent £40m of Chrisstian Eriksen then £18 on former Hearts wing back and only decent scottish regen Eddie Murray

Athletico Madrid were the other big spenders this year with an amazing regen forward Ramiro Lecouna for £24.5m and his strike partner Juanmi £21m whos starts the game at Malaga
Barcelona bought Mohamed Sow for £17m

Season 10 Review

Fabio's second season in charge was our best season ever as Fabio did a great job combining the new players in the squad to the few players that stayed on.
The Premier league title returned to Christie park as we overcame the challange from the old firm. 2 of the weakest teams in the leagues history, Berwick and Pollok both went right back down to division 1.

Scottish Cup challange fell at the quarter final stage away to Dunfermline and in the League Cup we lost in the final to Motherwell on penaltys
In Europe
WOW! Our best season by a mile!In the champions league we beat off the challange of Chelsea and Besiktas to join Inter in the last 16 but that was really nothing. Huntly beat Barcelona 2-0 at the Nou Camp to reach the Quarter finals where we finally fell to Tottenham 2-1 on Agg
Gian wins players player of the year
Paul Montcho Football writers
Pedro Abayian Premier League player of the year
Again 6 players in team of the year

In Huntly dynasty Daniel Rugani how holds our Record appeaance at 222 appearances

Huntly Player of the year

Paul Montcho is still top but now has a equal! no 1-2-3 his time just the two undisputed stars of the season.

Paul Montcho
Paul has been the focal point of the team for 5 seasons and despite having his worst season in the league only 16 goals in the league his overall haul of 37 goals was his best ever as he finally became a club legend.

Mark Cunningham
Arriving at the club less than a month earlyer than Montcho was amazing winger Mark Cunningham. HAving usually been the bridesmade this was his season to break through and at least on a level playing field as Montcho. Cunningham had always got into double figures with Goals and assist but this season he rose his game to another level.

Last edited:
Back