Huntly rising through the NEW Scottish leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K

February

Totally pummel Rangers 5-0 in what was a very even match
Also beat Celtic in the Scottish Cup, were almost certain to go out in the next round even if our semi final opposition is Pollok
Blair Davidson sets a new record appearance for Huntly up at 105 league matches, Will he hold off aspiring challenger for the goalkeeper slot Mehrdad Daghaghaeleh
Mehdi Tafer and Paul Montcho meet in African Cup semi finals with

Hearts 1-4 Huntly
O'G, Cunningham 3

Huntly 5-0 Rangers
Segers 2, O'G, Rugani, Gian

Huntly 1-1 Falkirk
Montcho
Typical awful results around a big old firm success

Dundee 0-1 Huntly
Montcho

Huntly 1-0 Celtic - AET - Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Montcho

Non of the top 6 teams had a good month which helped us get into 3rd but still 5 points behind the old firm.

Player of the month
Paul Montcho

View attachment 252671

Montcho came back for the falkirk game and since then has been our only scorer securing 4 points and progress to the Scottish Cup Semi finals.

January transfer window
Forgot this in January - oops

View attachment 252669

March

Quite month with match away to Morton called off due to weather, It is Scotland remember

Huntly 1-1 Aberdeen
Montcho

Huntly 3-0 Airdie
Montcho 2, Cunningham, Rugani

April

We've reached the Scottish cup final as our back up team win against Pollok and our season long battle with Motherwell will also include the Cup final
A good old fashioned last 10 minute collapse against Raith where we were winning and it total control
Our brilliant run against the old firm ends as we end our champions league chances.

Kilmarnock 0-2 Huntly
Montcho, O'G

Pollok 0-2 Huntly - Scottish Cup semi finals
Segers 2

Huntly 1-3 Raith
Montcho
A red card after 5 minutes didn't help

Morton 0-2 Huntly
Cunningham 2

Hibs 0-1 Huntly
Montcho

Huntly 0-1 Celtic

Looks like the battle for the champions league is down to a battle for 3rd if i can get a result from my next match with Motherwell

Player of the month
Mark Cunningham

View attachment 252738

Cunningham was his impressive self during the month getting back amongst the goals

May

A Cunningham penalty and Late striker by Segers kept our season alive going into the final day
We gave it our best but 4th is where were destined to finish which is still a great achievement.

Huntly 2-0 Motherwell
Cunningham, Segers

Dundee Utd 0-5 Huntly
Montcho 3, Rugani 2

The 2017 Scottish Cup final

Motherwell V Huntly

Huntly team news
Only player missing out is suspended left back Alejandro

Past meetings this season has provided 1 win each way, Huntly wining just 3 weeks ago 2-0 at Christie park

The match
6 - Goal Harry Cartledge - Huntly 1-0 Motherwell

Well that was quick and painless! Huntly have won the Scottish cup!

Season 6 Review

Again we improved out league possession up to 4th
Won first major domestic trophy with the Scottish cup
Rangers title run to 9 in a row
Hearts shockingly got relegated.

Our best performance in any league since season 2 as we were pretty constant overall. Finished within 10 points of the champions and getting some good results over the old firm.

Aberdeen get into Europe thanks to our cup win opening an extra European place. St Mirren and Dundee go down along with Hearts while Partick, Hamilton and Livingstone all return.

Mark Cunningham came 2nd in the player of the season despite having more goals, assists and a higher average rating.

View attachment 252746

Huntly Player of the year

3rd - Frans Segers
Frans was our back up striker through the whole season but manager to hit 22 goals and helping keep the team afloat when Montcho was away at the African nations cup

2nd - Jean Gouamene
Gouamene has given me a huge dilemma for next season. Cartledge and Robert are both young players who are better at the moment but back to this season and the African Xavi was eminence in the league and even better in the cup.

1st - Mark Cunningham
Mark was robbed of player of the year by Rangers! Averaged a goal every 2 games not far off with assists and hopefully i can hang onto him to win the award next season.

Great story mate, been following it since the beginning. I believe you uploaded the wrong year for Player of the Season, something to amend. Keep it up and hopefully Scottish football dominance shouldn't be too far off.

Season 7
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 7 - 2017/2018

I met my ambitious target for a European place which could be worth nothing since we drew Lille in the final qualifying round.For season 7 im hoping I've improved the team enough to finish a clear 3rd position maybe even challenge the Old Firm.

Targets
SPL - Top 3
Cup - Unbeaten against old firm teams
League Cup - Unbeaten against old firm teams
Europa League - Would be delighted to get past Lille and into the group phase
Media prediction is still rather low with 8th place all they think we'll get

My transfers
This was the summer I've been waiting for. An abundance of center midfielders on the market, too many in fact.

In
I signed 3 of them, Hughes Tebily from my favoite African hunting spot is the best of the 3 who will go right into the 1st team. other center midfielders joining are Italian Maicol Guidi and frenchman Thonmanivong.Picked up two young attacking wingers who will be trying to work there way into the 1st team Vitaly Ermakov and Luis Miguel.

Adding a extra defender was also a priority and two joined. Jonathan Almada from my 2nd favorite hunting ground Argentina and German wing back Rudiger Noll. Ha RudigerOut
A sad but profitable summer as we overfilled the squad so a lot of back up players were given the old heave ho

Bad news first Lacine Cherif left the club n a free after only 2 appearances last season with 104 appearances and 46 goals. Also released was Jamie Ness after disappearing of the radar.

Back up players who left for were Denis Prychynenko, Ryan Stevenson and Allison who wasn't any use for us when given a chance last season.

Back up winger Mehdi Tafer got a £1m bid from Fulham and i was happy to get the same from Livingston for Billy Pollock.

Two more players left this summer but on a less permanent basis of a season long loan. Assist king Jean Goumene left to Dundee United and promising youngster Gregory Robert left for guaranteed 1st team action with me picking up £1.2m for his services for the year.

Summer news
One more former star player joins as a coach in Fabio Quagliarela is our new shooting coach

Other Major Transfers
Very busy summer elsewhere this summer
Arsenal bought the most expensive player, Papastathopoulos for £23m
Goalkeeper Luis Guilherme joined inter £20m,
Barcelona signed Giuluiano £19m
Man City got two bargains Mesut Ozil £21m, Jaime Ferreria £18m, Ferreria was on loan with us 2 season ago
Man Utd signed Robert Lewandowski for a bargain £10m,
Blackburn sign 4 SPL players including hearts star left back Eddie Murray and Fraser Fyvie from Aberdeen
Old Firm don't spend £2m between them.

Now for the two ridiculous transfer story's this summer

Athletico Madrid paid Kilmarnock £18m for this guy
View attachment 252986

Aberdeen found £17.5m to out bid Celtic to get Les Toase from Man Utd
View attachment 252985

Summer Manager news
Bit less action everywhere St Johnstone sacked Jim McIntyre and replaced him with Allan Moore was about all.

Here's Newcastle for you Kris. David Santon promoted to Captain over Steven Taylor and have appointed regen manager Andrew Owen.
Great story mate, been following it since the beginning. I believe you uploaded the wrong year for Player of the Season, something to amend. Keep it up and hopefully Scottish football dominance shouldn't be too far off.

Yep thats the plan. hopefully this season i can contiune to improve my league position and challenge the old firm.
Hers's the 2016/17 player of the year
View attachment 252976

Last edited:

August

Two brilliant victorys as we went to war with Lille after 180 minutes we were all level at 4-4 twice throwing away a lead at home.
Destroyed Rangers in our first and only league match of the month

Lille 2-2 Huntly - Europa League 4th qualifyer 1st leg
Segers, Cunningham

Huntly 3-0 Rangers
Rugani, Cunningham, Segers

Huntly 3-2 Lille - AET - Europa League 4th qualifyer 2nd leg
Segers, Guidi 2
AGG 5-4

Player of the month
Segers came in for Montcho who wasnt quite fit at the start of the season and scored in every game leading us to 3 of our best results.
Celtic up next! could it get worse?

September

Europa league group J

View attachment 253251

How are we going to get out of here?​

After the miricals of August we make a sloppy start to the month throwing away a lead at parkhead forgivable then scrapping a 0-0 draw at Dunfermline
Rangers scumbag Gran Hanley breaks Frans Segers ankle
Very scary evening in the leauge cup where we needed 120 minute and pealtys to beat East Fife

Celtic 1-1 Huntly
Montcho

Dunfermline 0-0 Huntly

Huntly 2-1 Morton
Rugani, Segers

Huntly 0-1 Fenerbahce - Europe league match day 1

Huntly 1-0 Rangers - Scottish cup 2nd qualifing round
Segers

East Fife 2-2 Huntly - AET - Scottish league cup 2nd round
Guidi, Luis Miguel
East Fife 2-4 Huntly - Penaltys

Motherwell 1-1 Huntly
Montcho

A very slow start to season. 3 draws in our 4 league games is unnaceptable.

Player of the month
Frans Segers

View attachment 253250

Was doing very well to start with then his run at the top was spoiled with Grant Hanley breaking his ankle.

October

All 4 fixtures were away from home some were better than others
Took a few hammerings in the Europa League but had a very entertaining match at Anfield despite the defeat it was great game

Liverpool 7-4 Huntly - Europe league match day 2
Montcho 2, Guidi, Tebily
View attachment 253271

Kilmarnock 0-1 Huntly
Montcho

St Johnstone 0-1 Huntly
Montcho

Getafe 4-0 Huntly - Europe league match day 3

League

View attachment 253272

Two matches with identical outcomes as our slow start continues. Happy were winning at all with these demoralizing Europa League results

Player of the month
Paul Montcho

View attachment 253270

No contest! 2 at Anfield and scored both our league goals this month.

November

Defeat to Getafe meant out Euro dream was over after 4 defeats in 4 games.
Celtic pile more misery on Rangers horrible season by beating them 5-0

Huntly 3-0 Aberdeen
Montcho, Cunningham, Cartledge

Cambuslang Rangers 0-3 Huntly - Scottish cup 3rd qualifying
Ikechi, O'G, Ermakov

Huntly 1-2 Getafe - Europa league match day 4
Montcho

Huntly 5-0 Livingston
Montcho 2, Gian, Cunningham, Guidi

Alloa 0-2 Huntly - Scottish league cup 3rd round
Cartledge, Ikechi

Falkirk 0-3 Huntly
Montcho, Gian, Tebily

Huntly 2-0 Dundee Utd
Majhenic, Cunningham

We are still right on the heels of league leaders Celtic while 9 in a row winners Rangers continue there massive slump

Player of the month
Mark Cunningham

View attachment 253293

Like the team Cunningham made a slow start to the season but November was the month where both player and team started playing like there old selves especially once we were out of Europe.

December

Spurs sack Scott Parker as manager and i turn down the job
Youth team put in our best group stage performances loosing 2-1 away to Fenerbache then getting our only point of the competition with a 3-3 draw with Liverpool
Winning run ends at 14 games with horrible performance against Hibs
Moncho becomes my record league scorer beat Cherif's short standing record

Huntly 1-0 Airdrie
Guidi

Fenerbahce 2-1 Huntly - Europa league match day 5
Marchenko

Hibs 1-0 Huntly

Airdrie 1-2 Huntly - Scottish cup 1st round
Montcho, Nastevski

Huntly 3-3 Liverpool - Europa league match day 6
Segers, Guidi, Rugani

Hamilton 0-5 Huntly
Gian, Tebily, Montcho 3

Huntly 3-0 Raith
Guidi, Tebily, Montcho

League

Still in 2nd place, Just but if we can win our two games in hand then we could be right up with Celtic in the title hunt

View attachment 253350

Player of the month
Maicol Guidi

View attachment 253349

Guidi started the season as one of several players who might have filled the center midfield role and he has easily cemented his starting spot.​

January

Messi retains world player of the year
Blair Duncun continues to dominate Oceanic football awards
View attachment 253407

Scrape past Dundee in the Scottish cup with two late late goals
In the Dundee game Andreas Rantala aged 15 and 8 months made his debut in the Scottish cup
View attachment 253408

End the month beating league leaders Celtic 2-0

Huntly 3-1 Raith - League cup 4th round
Sagers, Cunningham 2

Huntly 3-1 Partick
Montcho 2, Ermankov

Huntly 1-2 Inverness CT
Cunningham

Rangers 1-2 Huntly
Cunningham, Montcho

Dundee 1-2 Huntly - Scottish cup 2nd round
Cunningham 2

Huntly 2-0 Celtic
Montcho, Segers

Huntly 2-0 Dunfermline
Cunningham, Montcho

League
Inverness aside a perfect month with the result against Celtic being enough to push us to the top of the league, Defense has been amazing this season.

View attachment 253412

Player of the month
Mark Cunningham

View attachment 253411
Goals in 5 games out of 7 in January​

January transfer window

My busiest so far. Pretty much bought a youth team with the failings of my youth system.

Goalkeeper
Jarmo Andersson
View attachment 253413

Defenders
Tobias Meijer, Bernadino Evangelista,
View attachment 253415View attachment 253414

Midfielder
Mostafa Karami, Tomas Havranek
View attachment 253416View attachment 253417

Attacker
Andreas Rantala, Elmar Gislason
View attachment 253418

Only player leaving was Ikechi as he was going in the summer and i decided to sell once i picked up this Nigerian to play in my midfield.

February

Despite 3 big wins in the league we fail to live up to our hype in the league cup as we fall to Dunfermline

Morton 1-6 Huntly
Tebily 2, Montcho 3, Guidi

Huntly 4-1 Motherwell
Montcho 2, Rugani, Guidi

Aberdeen 1-5 Huntly
Cunningham, Montcho, Segers, Olawale 2

Huntly 1-1 Dunfermline - AET - League cup quarter final
Guidi
Dunfermline 5-4 Huntly - Pens

Huntly 1-0 Kilmarnock
Gian

Huntly 1-0 St Johnstone
Gian

League

100% record wins with 4,5 and 6 goal margins, Manager of the month!

View attachment 253436

Player of the month
Gian

View attachment 253435

The brazilian doesn't score much but he timed his 2 goals this month very very well.​

March

After sneaking past Hibs we draw Celtic in Scottish cup Semi finals

Hibs 0-1 Huntly - Scottish Cup Qtr Final
Cunningham

Dundee Utd 0-1 Huntly
Segers

Livingston 0-3 Huntly
O'G, Rugani, Olawale

Huntly 0-1 Falkirk

League

Just 6 games to go and it certainly a 2 way fight at the top. Can Huntly hold off battle hardened Celtic. Were 3 points clear and +16 goal difference. Rangers are charging back up the table and are with Aberdeen and Hibs in the battle for 3rd

View attachment 253510

Player of the month
Blair Davidson

View attachment 253509

April

Beat Celtic in the Scottish cup semis to reach the final against Falkirk who destroyed Dunfermline

Airdrie 1-2 Huntly
Cunningham, Gian

Celtic 1-2 Huntly - Scottish Cup semi final
Cunningham 2

Huntly 3-0 Hibs
Cunningham, O'G, Sagers

Inverness CT 1-2 Huntly
Montcho, Cunningham

League

The fight seems to be going down to the wire, Celtic just aren't dropping points but neither are we! 3 games to go and 3 points clear at the top. Aberdeen are well on the way to 3rd and at the bottom Livingston and Hamilton are gone while Raith, Kilmarnock and Morton fighting over the final spot. another manager of the month award​
View attachment 253638

Player of the month

Mark Cunningham
View attachment 253637

Cunningham is in the form of his life and he scored in EVERY game in April.​

This save has my mind all over the place - from Celtic to Cambuslang from Fenerbahce to Forres lol

This save has my mind all over the place - from Celtic to Cambuslang from Fenerbahce to Forres lol

Yep it was a busy season bu it came with the greatest of rewards.

May

Ultimate victory is ours as Huntly win the SPL and then the scottish cup

Huntly 6-0 Hamilton
Glen 2, Cunningham, Montcho, O'G, Segers
- Celtic won 3-0 away to livingstone

Raith 0-1 Huntly
Rugani
- celtic win 4-1 but its too late as they are 3 points behind and 12 goal difference in our favour

Partick 1-2 Huntly
Rugani, Almada

View attachment 253639

The 2018 Scottish Cup final

Falkirk V Huntly

Huntly team news
4 players miss out. Alejandro again injured this time while back up defender Almada and Star winger Mark Cunningham are suspended for red cards in the last two games

The match
5 - Goal Nuru Unlu 1-0 Huntly
15 - Goal Paul Montcho 2-0 Huntly
23 - Goal Paul Montcho 2-1 Huntly
26 - Goal Paul Montcho 3-1 Huntly
35 - Goal Paul Montcho 4-1 Huntly
HT Falkirk 1-4 Huntly
47 - Goal Paul Montcho 5-1 Huntly
FT Falkirk 1-5 Huntly

The double is compleated as Huntly win the Scottish cup for the 2nd time in a row.

Season 7 Review

In my 7th season Huntly have done the impossible and won the SPL after an incredible replacing Rangers at the top.
Retained the Scottish cup with little trouble except the Semi final with Celtic.
Europe was terrific to start with by beating Lille but then we were pathetic in the group phase Liverpool matches aside.

League

The table says it all won all but 6 games and only let in 15 goals, very similar to Celtic but beat them by putting together an amazing season.

Aberdeen again finished a strong 3rd but Rangers were the shock of the season, After 9 titles in a row they finished 25 points behind Huntly at the top way back in 4th.
Partick finished in the top half after there promotion.
Raith Hamilton and Livingston all went down while St Mirren continue to jump between leagues and Hearts return to the premiership

Following our success we have a host of player awards this season but NO MANGER Awards

Paul Montcho won the players player of the year award
Maicol Guidi won the football writers award
Pedro Abayian won young players of the year
With 25 league goals Paul Montcho was the leagues top scorer
Gian made sure the club won the football writers young player of the year for the 3rd time in a row
5 Players in team of the year

The assist king of Huntly 2018 successes. Was realised from Empoli's super duper youth academy and hasn't looked back since.

View attachment 253658

2nd - Mark "Cristiano" Cunningham
Huntlys answer to Cristiano Ronaldo. Destroys people on the wing and scores for fun. Playing as a supporting striker and his form at the end of the season made is really hard to pick him 2nd but that's where he is.

View attachment 253659

1st - Paul "Drogba" Montcho
33 goals from 38 appearances in a phenomenal season shows that Montcho lead the team to all its success.

Season 8
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 8 - 2018/2019

The cream came to the top and in 2018 Huntly won the SPL after a rather crazy and cookie season where Rangers disappeared from the title and we took there place. Automatically into the Champions league group and had to seriously think about staying at Huntly this summer after i had some real problems attracting and decent players unless the were totally mistreated reserve players from the premiership.

Targets
SPL - Retain title
Cup - Win either of the cups, Preferably my first league cup win
League Cup - Win either of the cups, Preferably my first league cup win
Champions League - Try and finish 3rd in the group stages
Media now see us at a top 4 team who may go close in the title battle and with a bit of luck may present a challenge for the title

My transfers
The 2018 summer should have seen me filling up the squad with Players to make my team strong enough for the champions league and to fight to keep the SPL title however the boards greed and player dissatisfaction led to my team shrinking and weakening.

In
My big summer signing was Aston Villa's Gregory Suire for just under a million. All the other signing were for the U18s

Out
Far too many important players left with boards request on accepting big bids. JUst glad i managed to hold onto the core of my team Blair Duncan, Pedro Abayian, Maicold Guidi, Mark Cunningham and Paul Montcho

These players included Harry Cartledge £5m, Inverness, Joe Nastevski £5m Hibs, Alejandro £5.25m Villareal, and worst of all Frans Segers £5.25m CSKA Moscow.

Defender left on loan for permanent football at River Plate Almada

Young midfielder Kirill Marchenko kept getting offers and was going to fall down the order on the right wing.

3 youngster are out on loan and i released a fussy Stuart Holden

Summer Transfer news
Quite a quiet window this time

Simon Kjear joins Man Utd for £21m
Former target and St Johnstone midfielder Arnau bernard moved to Kilmarnock for £14m
Ex Man City forward Caicedo joins spurs for £14m
Kyle Walker joined Liverpool for £12m

Summer Manager news
Two big jobs of the summer went to Gary Megson, Aston Villa and Marcelo Bielsa, Valencia

Back