Huntly rising through the NEW Scottish leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 25K
Season 5
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 5 - 2015/2016

Season 4 Was a huge step in the right direction as we comfortably stayed in the SPL, Even fighting for a European place up to the final day. This time around i hope we can take a solid place in the top half of the table quite a few changes in the squad some welcome some unwelcome which makes my season target again to stay in the premier league. Two Other big pieces of news is the club has a new chairman with Keith Wood taking over and immediately accepting my request for a new stadium which is now in the planning phase.

Targets
SPL - Avoid relegation
Cup - A decent cup run in either competition is what i want to see.
League cup - A decent cup run in either competition is what i want to see.
Media prediction of 15th is similar to last season as is my expectations for the season

My transfers

Last summer may have been my worst transfer window but this time it was my hardest. Spent so much time going through a ridiculous amount of players to try and find a decent player and the even less likely scenario of a player interested in joining.

In
9 Players joined the club almost exclusively attackers.

In the center of midfield Jamie Ness was on a free from Rangers having dropped well down there pecking order. Really struggled for defensive midfielder Nurullah Unlu who will have to come big really quick and step up to the team. He will be spared the frying pan for now as my best signing is Ivorian Jean Gouamene after Salau was robbed from me.
New players for the wings are former Middlesbrough star youngster Mark Cunningham, Miguel Angelo realesed from Porto and Algerian Mehdi Tafer

Back up and for the youth team German Keeper Mr Daghagheleh

After a whole summer hunting a new forward, like busses two came along at once so i signed both Paul Montcho and Frans Segers both will get there chance to be lead forward.

Out
The final few players from the early days of division 3 Scott Whelan, Stephen Gauld Ryan Kane, Gary Ingles, A Kurkins, A Caiaffa, Ryan Scanlon, K McAusland and Captain Tony Marenghi all leaving to pastors new to get back to regular football, a big thank you too all!
2 members of my regular 1st team left over the summer. After overfilling with wingers and a few offers for Peter Pawlett i decided to accept a 500K offer and one offer i certainly didn't accept was for Emmanuel Salau had bids the whole summer and i happily rejected all of them between £1m and £2.5m the Dunfermline blew the chairman's mind with a £5m bid, now he's not that good, after that i put him up for sale for £5m and Kilmarnock came in with the bid and they got him.

Other Major Transfers
Juventus spent big this summer K Papadopoulos, Pedro and M Jorgensen for a total £45m
Valencia bought Brazilian Oscar £18m, Man City bought Lacina Traore £14m and Chelsea bought two players from Benfica Axel Witsel and O Vukojevic £15m

Summer news
Chelsea boss Louis Van Gaal retired and was replaced by Alex McLeish, Chelsea now relegation candidates
Hearts hired Jim McNtyre replaced the sacked John McGlynn and Falkirks boss Billy Brown retired and was replaced with Brian Reid

August

With all the work in the transfer window I've decided to put august results in with the season preview

Dunfemline 2-0 Huntly

Huntly 0-2 Rangers

Celtic 2-0 Huntly

Terrible start to the seasons with some very obvious trends appear with some very difficult fixtures still a horrible start to the season. Perhaps reality has decided to kick in.

September

Put up a strong fight in both cup competitions with totally different outcomes as Rangers knock us out of the Scottish cup but we thrash Dundee Utd in the league cup setting up a 3rd round tie with Ayr
Luquez banned for 5 games after sending off in cup against Rangers

Huntly 1-1 Inverness
O'G

Huntly 1-2 Rangers - Scottish Cup 2nd qualifying round
Montcho
Debuted my German Keeper since it was the cup and it was against Rangers

Huntly 4-0 Dundee Utd - Scottish League Cup 2nd round
Montcho 2, Cunningham, Alejandro
Team were totally transformed from the team we've seen so far this season.

Hearts 0-3 Huntly
Abayian, Montcho, Cartledge

Hunty 0-0 Partick
After dizzying heights in our last two games we were clearly knackered by the time the partick game came around.

A definite sign of improvement by the end of the month with big wins against Dundee Utd and Hearts is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Player of the month

View attachment 251411

Newbie Paul Montccho has made a great start to his time at Huntly ensuring he will get another shot up top in October before someone else gets a go in November, Maybe

October

Sagers and Wiktorski both get lengthy bans for violent conduct, Last thing we wanted with all the injury's we've had

Morton 1-2 Huntly
Cunningham, Montcho

Livingston 0-2 Huntly
Olaleye, Miguel Angelo

Huntly 3-0 Falkirk
Ikechi, Cunningham, Olaleye

The turn around took place. 3 wins out of 3 despite injury's pilling up however we still rise up to 6th, Great after our awful start.

Player of the month

Olaleye

View attachment 251433

After loosing his place to new signing Moncho till he got injured then Olaleye came back to fight for his position.

November

Montcho hates Hamilton and acknowledged the fact by scoring 4 goals in the first 20 minutes and 5 overall
In less pleasant circumstances we were humbled in the league cup against Ayr

Huntly 2-1 Kilmanock
Abayian, Cunningham
Where are you now Emmanuel Salau??????

Huntly 1-2 Ayr- AET - League cup 3rd round
Cherif
Horrific result. Not only going out but having to play 120 minutes. All focus on the league now

Motherwell 2-0 Huntly
Half the team injured the other half knackered after the internationals.

Huntly 5-1 Hamilton
Montcho

Still in 6th, just a month to go till the transfer window, will probably be a bit scared to make too many changes after the start to the season i had

Montcho's performance against Hamilton helped him to earn league player of the month

December

Airdrie 2-1 Huntly
Montcho
Threw away the three points with 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. Fitness AGAIN!

Huntly 4-0 St Johnston
Montcho 2, Prychynenko, Tafer

Dundee Utd 2-1 Huntly
Cartledge

* Matches against Aberdeen and Dunfermline were called off due to a waterlogged pitch

A pretty poor month with only 1 win and two defeats and two matches called off due to my amateur pitch leaves us plummeting down the table. There better be a new one around the corner.

Half way through the season and its hard to judge how were doing. Again we've got 10 points in hand over the religation spots while were again stuck in the middle pack where 4th-11th is split by 5 points

Player of the month
Paul Montcho

View attachment 251461

Couldn't give it to anyone else with only 1 win and he was the main man again!

January

Lionel Messi finally won another Golden ball
Greedy Chairman Sells-out again as me best forward Bolaji Olaleye is sold to Airdrie for £4.4m, Still got Montcho so not as big a loss as it may have been

Huntly 1-1 Aberdeen
Montcho
Another late goal cost us 3 points. Trying to make the subs late to keep the players fresh but that doesn't seem to make any difference

Huntly 1-1 Raith
Montcho
These goals just get later and later. 91st minute this time

Rangers 1-3 Huntly
Cunningham, Segers, O'G
Really can't quite explain that one!

Huntly 1-0 Dunfermline
Segers
Late goal that FINALLY works in our favor. Ikechi was sent off after 16 minutes so we struggled with 10 men and when it came up with 5 minutes injury time I was convinced Dunfermline would score. Nice surprise though

Huntly 0-0 Celtic

Inverness 2-0 Huntly

The traditional unpredictable month with unpredictable results. Only thing predictable is a lot of late goals

Player of the month
Frans Segers

View attachment 251531

Frans Segers had his breakthrough month. With Olaleye leaving and Montcho requiring back up Segers got some starts too.

February

Huntly 1-2 Hearts
O'G

Partick Thistle 2-0 Huntly
Another dire performance making it 4 games in a row were non of our own players have scored.

Huntly 3-1 Morton
Montcho 3
Team got a pep talk following our dodgy run and Paul Montcho took it to heart and scored a hatrick ending his scoring drought

Huntly 3-0 Livingstone
Rugani, Segers, Cherif

Form turned drastically in the two matches following our team meeting even if it was against two of the bottom 3 teams was still good to get back on track.

Player of the month
Mark Cunningham

View attachment 251535

Cunningham came alive this month making 4 assists in our two victory​

March

Hamilton have won a game however they look doomed as well as Livinstone.

Falkirk 0-0 Huntly

Kilmarnock 0-2 Huntly
Cunningham 2
Cunningham goes some way to keeping the award for a 2nd month

Huntly 2-1 Motherwell
Montcho, Cunningham

Unbeaten run goes up to 5 games since the team talk with March being a rare unbeaten month since we joined the SPL. April will have to be a good month as we try and get a top half finish.

Player of the month

Cunningham

View attachment 251574

If last month wasnt a simple choice this month was! Cunningham scored vital goals in both games.​

April

Hamilton 0-1 Huntly
Cunningham

Huntly 2-0 Airdrie
Ikechi, Rugani
Jeez 4 wins in a row!

St Johnstone - Huntly
Cunningham

Huntly 1-0 Dundee Utd
Cartledge

We have secured a top 7 finish at least but can go on to finish 3rd in a best place scenario. Aberdeen are one of the teams above us and we will play them next in our biggest SPL game so far.

Player of the month
Daniele Rugani

View attachment 251641

Rugani has come on leaps and bounds through this season and has regularly picked up the leauge young player of the month award and thins month he's our player of the month.

MAY

Aberdeen 3-2 Huntly
Cartledge, Ikechi
55 minutes played and with the score at Huntly 2-1 Aberdeen, Issac Osborne was sent off 10 mintues after coming on. However we yet agin threw the game away as Aberdeen scored twice in the last 5 mintues. Ragging is a understatment

Raith 3-1 Huntly
Montcho
A result and performance that makes me think i wil be ripping this team up in the summer, Only thing that keeps stopping me is how hard it is to get decent players to join

Last edited:

Season 5 Review

Another improvement in league position 7th this season
2 new players feature in my player of the season
Rangers win 8th title in a row.

League

A very strange season of big ups and downs. Started of gingerly after a very difficult run of fixtures to being patchy through till December. Huntly were horrific through the festive period till i gave them a rousing team meeting in Febuary which led us into a charge up the table looking good to carry on the form to get a top 4 finish until we flopped in our last two games. I have already bought 3 youngsters for the squad next season which i hope will be larger and have alot more quality.

Elsewhere in the league Rangers made it 8 in a row, Eww. Dunfermline and Falkirk took the two European places while Partick were the 3rd team to go down while Morton just survive again and will again do battle with Hibs and St Mirren who come right back up.

Only player award was the football writers young player of the year for Paul Montcho

View attachment 251651

Huntly Player of the year

3rd - Daniele Rugani
Only 3rd in our player of the year but certainly my most improved player this year. Finally started to look like adecent player who could take controll of the defense and keep it as a tight unit
2nd - Mark Cunningham
Marky boy was my favourite new season who like Rugani came on leaps and bounds through the season seeming to get better game by game and was the biggest push behind our late season charge.

1st - Paul Montcho
Our player of the year had a stunning start to his Huntly carrear and continued to play a key role scoring and making goal throughout to cemenet his place as the best striker at the squad at the moment.

Last edited:
Season 6
PRE SEASON PREVIEW

Season 6 - 2016/2017

Season 5 was much the same as season 4 with a bit less consistent performances. Haven't made major squad changes so hopefully they can build on last seasons from. The new stadium appears to be off with no advancement made on the planning part and the Chairman in denial over needing more than 3500 seats. This season IM expecting our team to raise the bar and be a safe midtable team at worse although my ambitious nature demands a shot at European places to try attract some decent players.

Targets
SPL - Top 6
Cup - Undefeated against all non Old Firm teams
League Cup - Undefeated against all non Old Firm teams
Media prediction is 13th So the media are starting to think a bit more of us, Still were a lot better than 13th!

My transfers

Another summer spending far too many hours looking for better quality players, not finding many so settling for similar quality youths who will hopefully improve and grow into the team.

In
6 new players with only 2 going right into the 1st team

The two going right into the team are Slovenian Bostjan Majhenic who can play on both wings but will be designated to left back and at 17 is already as good as regular left back Billy Pollock. Also jumping in at the deep end is my best signing of the summer, a Brazilian Gian for £3.5m. with plenty of opposition for Left Midfield he will have to be good or be gone!

Ryan Stevenson will also feature regularly this term, Signed on a 1 year contract after another season of failing to find and decent center midfielders to buy for my team. American leftback Chad Hartman will come in as back up for Alejandro wand will be expected to learn to play across the defensive line

Final two buys were both youngsters who will either be out on loan or be in the U19 making a rare foray into the 1st team. Look out in the future for Alisson - FW and Kirill Marchenko - MR.

Out
Sales were also down as i tryed to keep the nucleus of my team from last season.

Fotheringham and Wiktorski were simply not good enough at Premier league level. Matias Luquez had a nightmare season, Injury's dragged him down and eventually Pollock took over at right back and feeling bad for a dwindling star i set him free. Kim Skogsrund was this windows player i didn't really want to sell but after revealing he wanted to leave for a new challenge and our relationship became strained i decided to sell him and was very pleased to get £2.5m for the young Norwegian international.

View attachment 251862

Summer news

Scotland Laugh of my interest in the job of National manager, Never seen that before and how insulting considering they gave the job to donkey Craig Levein's assistant Peter Houston

Ricardo Carvalho, Raul and Giggs sign for Huntly! As coaches while my favorite new coach is a flash from the past. Former Center back David Angus is a dang good defensive coach despite being a awful defender.

At Euro 2012 Italy THUMPED Denmark in the final 4-0, Premonition for 2012? i hope so got Italy at 18/1!
Spain and Germany loosing semi finalists
France, Holland, England and Portugal out at the second round, England loosing 3-0 to Scotland

Other Major Transfers
SPL has gone Daft with money. THe databases TV money has been set to high and here is the best example of so!

View attachment 251866 < £12m!! to Falkirk

Rangers bought Grant Hanley and Chris Hegarty for £13m, Celtic picking up Motherwells Kieran Duffie for £1.2m
Man City bought M'Villa, Jack Robinson and Andres Beck for £79m
Chelesa bought Citys Fabio Coentrao for £28.5m
Liverpool made 2 signings Drediyok Eren and Jozy Altidore
AC Milan also bought 2 players, Lazar Markovic and Alessio Cerci

Summer Manager news

SPL manager merrigo round after Peter Houston got the scotland job.
Stewat McCall moves to Dundee Utd with Jim Weir taking his place at Dunfermline
Outside Scotland other clubs and countrys were changing.Alan Pardew quit Liverpool to become England manager but the kop were told to calm down calm down as Martin Jol was shipped in. Villas-Boas quit Man City to take over Portugul with Roberto Mancini returning to City While Sacked Italy manager Cesare Prandelli took the Inter Job, Milans Algeri took the Italy job and Vincenzo Montella taking up at AC Milan

August

Much better start to the season this time with 3 wins and 3 awards

St Mirren 0-3 Huntly
Cunningham 2, Gian

Huntly 2-0 Inverness CT
Gian, Segers

Huntly 2-0 St Johnstone
Gian, Montcho

View attachment 251868

SPL Manager of the month
Me

SPL player of the month
Mark Cunningham

View attachment 251869

SPL Young Player of the month
Gian

View attachment 251870

September

Rangers and Celtic both out of the League cup at the first hurdle. Celtic loosing to Cove Rangers. Ever herd of them?

Dunfermline 1-1 Huntly
Cunningham

Forfar W.E 0-5 Huntly - Scottish Cup 2nd Qualifier
Sagers 4, Unlu

Fraserburgh 0-4 Huntly - League cup 2nd Round
Ikechi 2, Segers 2

Huntly 3-0 Hearts
Montcho 2, Cunningham

Still fighting at the top of the table, Haven't had any real tough opposition yet though. Hearts make a horrific start

Player of the month

View attachment 252237

Montcho found his shooting boots from the start of last season and came 3rd in the league player of the month.

great results mate tht montcho looks to be a good player nd sucks to be laffed off for houston happend to me aswell world class manager laffed off for billy stark tht was gutting lol keep up the good work mate

great results mate tht montcho looks to be a good player nd sucks to be laffed off for houston happend to me aswell world class manager laffed off for billy stark tht was gutting lol keep up the good work mate

Cheers Iceman. I would be much more offended if it was Billy Stark haha. Was that for the Scotland manager job too? How are you getting on with your game?

October

Record attendance broken by a visit from Dundee
Match against Falkirk is my 200th game as a manager ending in unhappy circumstance

Huntly 4-0 Dundee
Cunningham 3, Montcho

Falkirk 1-0 Huntly

Aberdeen 1-1 Huntly
O'G

Rangers 2-2 Huntly
Montcho 2

Montrose 1-3 Huntly - Scottish cup 3rd qualifier
Segers 2, Tafer

League

View attachment 252375
A defeat against Falkirk was certainly compensated for with two draws against Rangers and Aberdeen

Player of the month
Gian

View attachment 252376

The Brazilian is the third striker in our attack and twice came close to getting player of the month so this time i gave it to him this time.​

November

A O'G has ruined our best chance of winning a cup with the old firm out of the way we proceeded to screw up against Alloa
However still running strong in the league up in 2nd

Huntly 3-1 Morton
Montcho, Gian, Frans Segers

Huntly 0-1 Alloa - League cup 3rd round

Airdrie 0-3 Huntly
Segers, Tafer, Cherif

Huntly 2-1 Kilmarnock
Segers 2
Kilmarnock almost struck it lucky but we won out in the end with a stunning comeback lead by Segers.

League
Celtic come to the front in the league with a perfect month but the top 7 teams are all still well in the fight and could be on top for Christmas.

View attachment 252457

Player of the month
Jean Gouamene

View attachment 252458

What a month for Gouamene! Finally got his shot in the first team after a very poor 1st season for us with assist after assist.​

December

Hibs match postponed as the swamp at Christie park is waterlogged again
Battle of the top two ends with Celtic showing who's still boss by beating Huntly 1-0
Lionel Messi retained his world player of the year.

Raith 1-2 Huntly
Montcho, Stevenson

Huntly 2-0 Dunfermline - Scottish cup 1st round
Rugani, Marchenko

Huntly 3-0 Hibs
Cunningham, Montcho, Segers

Celtic 1-0 Huntly

Huntly 3-1 Dundee Utd
Gian, Rugani, Abayian

The table just gets better and better as we reached the summit of the premier league at the half way stage of the season. 1 point between Huntly, Motherwell and the Old Firm at the top. At the bottom Hearts are in peaces!

Player of the month
Jean Gouamene
View attachment 252481
Don't like rewarding a player with this award with two months in a row but Gouamene has continued his amazing form from November. The change in this player is unbelievable from last season, To think i tried to sell him for peanuts and spent most the summer looking for a replacement for him.​

Cheers Iceman. I would be much more offended if it was Billy Stark haha. Was that for the Scotland manager job too? How are you getting on with your game?

yeah it was the scotland job i was managing wolves nd was in the final of the champions league bt obviously billy was more qualified lol and tbh honest ive only done the 1st season been sidetracked with the san marino challange nd on the xbox alot lol bt the first season was great didnt have much difficulty bt in pre season against higher ranked teams my defense was bein torn a new one so need tht sorted for wen i next carry on with it

Hello you Bilbao sabotaging person you - who is the manager of the mighty Newcastle and have they bought anyone decent? Also is there anyone interesting at Aberdeen?

They have Jamie Murphy scoring for fun, Had Jamie Mackie but he left in th summer for a new challange. They've signed Chris Maguire, Charlie Adam and a very old Tim Cahill on a free. They have one decent youngster Gregory Robert, But he should be on his way to Huntly soon ;)

View attachment 252626

Newcastle have Owen Coyle in charge

January

Top of the table clash with Motherwell goes to another 1-0 defeat
Montcho goes away to the African nations cup
Knocked Rangers out of the Scottish cup and are rewarded with the other half of the old firm in the quarter finals

Inverness 2-1 Huntly
Montcho

Motherwell 1-0 Huntly

Huntly 2-1 Rangers - Scottish cup 2nd round
Segers, Cartledge

Huntly 5-1 St Mirren
Cartledge 2, OG, Segers

St Johnstone 0-0 Huntly

Huntly 0-0 Dunfermline

Far from our best month as we dropped points in 4 games, not scoring in 3 of them. Glad Montcho will be back soon! To help bridge the 9 points we lost this season

Player of the month
Harry Cartledge

View attachment 252662

Cartledge was very comfortable in his position with little opposition for his place now has a 3 players of similar quality fighting for a place in center midfield but he was the best in the team this month.

Transfer window

1 in and 1 out Aberdeen young superstar Gregory Robert was upset he wasn't getting a game, How he wasn't I'll never know so i spent a record £5.5m to bring him to boost my title challenge. Long and short term To many midfielders and Jamie Ness was getting less games anyway so he was put up for sale but could only get a loan offer from Dundee

Back