• Thread starter Thread starter Seano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 12K

Seano

Reaction score
Welcome to Africa!
Africa.jpg

Welcome aboard to my first BaP Story. First of many i hope. Over the next few weeks we will be keeping an eye on the 10 brightest African youth players and their development in Football Manager 2012. The continent of Africa will be the main focus of this series.

From Cape Town, South Africa we have two very talent youngsters in Nicholas Jameson and Stephen Holland. Both are eager to sign a professional contract with any club and start off their career. Not far from Cape Town in Johannesburg, Dan Newton is just after dropping out of school in order to pursue a career in football, the young Forward is eager to strike a contract with a club. Also from Johannesburg Matt Cameron , who is a distant relation to British Prime Minister David Cameron has been hitting the South African soccer magazines and a number of clubs are after his signature.

From Nairobi , Kenya we have Connor Smith a 6ft Forward who is dubbed as the next best Kenyan player , Godson to the US American president Barack Obama. Hailing from Nkon in Cameroon we have Steven McKergen who has caught the eye of Sports journalists and has found his name in multiple articles in Newspapers. From the City of Kaduna in Nigeria we have James Beadle, who has been catching the eye of media journalists after some amazing performances for his local club.

From the middle of Zimbabwe we have Robert Mugabe who has strong connections with Europe through his French roots, he is currently seeking a club to start of his professional career. Hailing for Chad we have young versatile Mowgli, currently ravaged with war, Mowgli is looking forward to getting out of Chad as soon as possible. Last but not least , we have Jack Scullion, hailing from Botswana a country currently rapidly growing in terms of football is seen as the future of Botswan football.

Welcome to Africa! I hope you guys will enjoy reading this as much as i will writing it!​

View attachment 227462
Connor Smith has signed a Pre-contract with Egyptian outfit Zamalek Sporting Club. Smith will have a little bit longer to wait before linking up with his new club. He won’t join them until the 15th​ of September 2012 so he will need to keep himself fit at home before he can head off to Egypt. Smith is delighted to have signed his first professional contract and cannot wait to join his new team mates.​
View attachment 227463
James Beadles has also secured a Pre-Contract with French side AC-Arles-Avignon but he will also have to wait until the 6th​ of January 2013. Due to his young age and Nigerian law , he cannot leave until he is over 18. He will need to keep his fitness levels up if he is too make a good impression.​
View attachment 227464
Dan Newton has signed a Pre-Contract with Dutch outfit FC Utrecht. He will join on the 3rd​ of September 2011, so he has little under a month to wait before he can fly off to Holland. Newton has said that he is delighted to have signed a contract with such a prestigious club and is hoping he can make an immediate impact. Mowgle has joined Dan by signing for Utrecht but will have to wait a little longer before he signs in 2013.​
View attachment 227465
Steven McKergen has done enough to impressive French outfit FC Metz. Unfortunately he will have to wait another year before he can join up with his new club on the 21st​ of January 2012. Steven McKergen has told the Media that he had a number of contracts on the table but rejected contracts with local teams to join a team like Metz , despite the long wait.​
View attachment 227466
Stephen Holland has joined his local club Moroka Swallows a youth contract. Holland has really impressed Swallow scouts and the South African club have handed him a contract earning £25 a week. Not bad for a 15 year old! Matt Cameron has linked up with Holland at the Swallows aswell. Both are recognized as 2 of the best youth players to come through South Africa and the SA public will be eager to see them play.​
View attachment 227467
Zimbabwe hot prospect Robert Mugabe has signed a Pre-Contract with English Championship side Coventry City. Unfortunately he will also have to wait another 2 years before he can link up with his new club. In the meantime he has told journalists that he is going to continue his education before flying off to England.​
View attachment 227468
Jack Scullion has signed a professional contract with his local club Police XI. The Botswanian side have had a good recent history winning the league 3 years ago and are looking to build a side for the future. Scullion will no doubt be immediately joining his new club and will earn himself a nice sum of £400 a week!​
Free Agents:
Nicholas Jameson is currently still unemployed and looking for a club , but a number of South African clubs are looking at the Defender and it won’t be long until somebody comes along with an offer for the youngster.

FC Metzz..not a bad start to my illustrious career :) and i sign on my birthday lol

Nobody wants me :'( :L
Probably set my CA too low, but hopefully I'll get game time if a SA club picks me up

if you ever need a new player name him joshua Johnson and make him from the most random African country

August Update:

With only 3 players currently playing for a professional club it was a rather quiet month, with only two of the players featuring in this update. Until the rest of the players sign for their respective clubs , it’ll be brief updates.

View attachment 227486
Stephen Holland made his professional debut from The Swallows at home against the Sundowns. Holland scored on his debut in the 2-2 draw. The young South African broke two records for his new Club by becoming the youngest ever player to play in the South African Premiership and also becoming the youngest ever goal scorer in the South African Premiership. Matt Cameron has unfortunately picked up a Double Hernia and will be on the sidelines for 2-3 months.

View attachment 227487

Jack Scullion also set new records for the Botswanian league becoming the youngest ever Goal scorer in the 1-1 draw at home against Ecco. Scullion also became the youngest ever player to appear in the BeMobile Premiership against UF Santos in a 1-1 draw away from home. Scullion has been a great help to his team so far he has featured in all three league matches so far and Police XI are currently sitting in 6th​ position in the league.

In other News:
Manchester City have forked out £8.5million to sign Ricardo Quaresma from Besiktas.
Douglas Costa has made his move from Shaktar to Manchester United for a fee of £8.5million

Utrecht... not bad. Meeting up with the squad in less than a month :P Think of all the great names to come out of Dutch football - I'll obviously be better than them all :D

September Update:

View attachment 227590
Since his record breaking goal in his debut , Holland hasn’t featured. He hasn’t been given the opportunity in the first time and has been an unused sub on a few occasions. They should be giving him a chance , they are struggling so far in the league , finding themselves in 12th​ position with 16 in the league. Matt Cameron is recovering well from his injury but will still be out of action for another 2 months.

View attachment 227591

Jack Scullion has been on fire for the Botswanian side so far this season. In 7 appearances he has scored 5 goals and has helped his team to second in the league table after 8 games. With an average rating of 7.43 he has been one of the best players so far. Scullion is earning the praise of the managers throughout the league and his own manager is delighted at his current form.

View attachment 227592

Since he met up with his new club for the officially , Dan Newton has been on fire. He has made 4 appearances since he’s joined up and scored 4 goals picking up 3 Man of the Match awards and earning himself an average rating of 7.88. If he keeps this up he’ll been hitting the back page of every Dutch Newspaper!

In other News:
Man City beat Manchester united in order to win the English Community Shield. Samir Nasri scoring the only goal in a boring 1-0 fixture.
Man City have signed Zenit St Petersburg Attacker Danny for a fee of £18million, along with Danny they have also signed Shaktar right back Darjo Srna for a fee of £15.5million.
Arsenal have signed Cruzeiro forward Walter Montillo for a fee of £14.25million and Ruben’s Cristian Ansaldi for a fee of £12million

Hey guys , because of the rather small updates , i'm going to make the next one at the end of the season , but don't worry i'll have that update up by this evening sometime. From then on out i'll be doing seasonly updates until all the players are with their clubs.

I'm coming into April now , it's taking longer than i expected , maybe i loaded to many nations. I'll have to cut down a few after this season. I'm hoping to get the next update up tonight. Does anyone have any problems with the full season update? At the minute Monthly updates are only covering 2 players because of the others not having clubs.

I'm coming into April now , it's taking longer than i expected , maybe i loaded to many nations. I'll have to cut down a few after this season. I'm hoping to get the next update up tonight. Does anyone have any problems with the full season update? At the minute Monthly updates are only covering 2 players because of the others not having clubs.

Imo your doing it the right way, season update til everyone is in it, well near enough everyone anyway...that's just my opinion but..

End of Season Review:

View attachment 227645
After his prolific start to life in Holland Dan Newton settled down fairly well and cemented his position in the starting line up. He featured in 20 games since our last update and has scored a further 3 goals. He was named in the FC Utrecht team of the season picking up plenty of Man of the Match awards and finished the season with an average rating of 7.31. Newton showed his cool head , picking up only 2 yellow cards since his move earlier in the year. Unfortunately i didn’t have the Dutch league loaded so i can’t say for sure how Utrecht finished in the league , but with Newton’s performances i’m sure they finished above expectations! The Chadian youngster Mowgle will be joining Newton at Utrecht in under a year, despite no domestic action, Mowgli has featured for the Chad national team on four occasions in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers scoring 2 goals, becoming not only the youngster player to play and score for Chad but also the youngest player to feature and score in the African Cup of Nations.

View attachment 227646

Jack Scullion had a marvellous season with the Botswanian side Police XI. Scullion made 25 appearances in total , scoring 6 goals , picking up 8 assists and an average rating of 7.06 helping his side to finish second in the league! After his fantastic season with the club , he got his first National Call up for the Botswana Senior team. He didn’t disappoint the International manager putting in a good shift for the team and despite a 3-1 loss to Togo , Scullion will remember this day forever! After he got his first cap under his belt , he got 3 more call ups for the National side , but unfortunately his immense talent wasn’t enough to see Botswana qualify for the African Cup of Nations.

View attachment 227647

South African midfielder Matt Cameron had a solid first season for The Swallows. Featuring in 21 league appearances and scoring 8 goals , Cameron helped the team avoid relegation by a point. He has cemented his position in the first team after an impressive first season and will look forward to a long break before kick starting next season with the club. Cameron’s South African counterpart Stephen Holland didn’t quite feature as much as he would of hoped this season due to a lengthly injury but after a good recovery Holland managed to make 10 league appearances towards the end of the season , scoring 2 goals. One of them guaranteed the Swallows survival from relegation. The young Striker will be hoping for a comfortable summer and a good pre-season and most importantly a injury-free season this coming year!

View attachment 227648

Nicholas Jameson finally found himself a club near the end of the season. He signed for the Second Division South African club , Blackburn Rovers(RSA). Unfortunately he didn’t have enough time to make a real impact , only playing 2 games so far for his club. The 16 year old will however , be delighted to have finally found a club after 8 months of looking and can now look forward to a summer break and then a pre-season to show what he really is capable of.

View attachment 227649

Cameroonian Striker Steven McKergen finally made his move to French ligue 1 club FC Metz in January and didn’t get off to the best of starts , picking up a calf injury and a number of other injuries in his first few months at the club. He was side-lined for quite a while but he managed to feature in 7 games towards the end of the season scoring two goals , picking up 3 assists and a man of the match award. This was enough for the management team to offer him a new contract and the fans are dying to see him in the starting line-up this coming season.

The rest of the club-less players:
4 of our African youngsters are still waiting for their transfer to go through to their respective clubs. Connor Smith will sign for Sport Club Zamalek in little under 3 months time and then begin his pre-season training with the Egyptian outfit. Nigerian James Beadle will have a longer wait that Smith and will have to wait another 11 months before he can officially join his club AC-Arles-Avignon in France. Robert Mugabe has a similar situation , he has to wait another 12months before joining Championship side Coventry and so does Chad International Mowgli , he will also wait 12 months before joining up with Dan Newton over in Holland with FC Utrecht.

In other news:
Tottenham Hotspur have lifted the Barclays Premier League for the first time this season with Manchester and Liverpool finishing behind them in 2nd​ and 3rd​
Barcelona have retained the La Liga title with Real Madrid finishing 6 points behind them in 2nd​ position with Athletic Club rounding up the top 3
Lionel Messi has won the World Player of the Year for the 4th​ consecutive season , but Xavi and Cristiano Ronaldo finishing the top three.
Barcelona also picked up the Champions League trophy after defeating Inter Milan 3-2 in the final.
German side Schalke picked up the Europa League after beating Valencia 1-0 in the final.

Last edited:
Ahh damnit 2013!! Should have known! Aha. Great layout.

Haha don't worry , i'm pretty sure the International youth team will pick up most of you before you sign for the clubs so fitness and stats should be fine. I'll probably do another Season update until everyone has signed for clubs and then just do monthly updates.

Will/have you loaded the Dutch Leagues now, since there will be/is two of us playing in them?

Back